Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maureen T-k

Leigh away in cup date now confirmed

59 posts in this topic

Now been confirmed to be played on Sunday 27th April at 3pm at LSV

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If they want to play us on friday so bad we can play the league game the following Friday if they wish ;)

TBH I've never been keen on Leigh.  In 2001 a company I was involved with sponsored the Leigh/Fev game at Hilton Park. This was a year when Leigh were looking good for promotion to SL. Peter Roe was our coach.  It was great, lunch before, food at half time and afterwards.We lost, Mr Ganson certainly didn't do us any favours that day. Afterwards  of course when Kevin Ashcroft found out that me and my lad were Fev supporters he and several others took the (mickey) but there you go.  About three weeks later we played them in the play-offs at Leigh. My lad and I were standing among some Leigh fans cheering Fev.  We were asked to move, and when we did three large gorilla type men came and stood behind us. I emphasise that we had not been aggressive, or using bad language, nevertheless that's what happened.  At the time I happened to be a director of the  company that sponsored the first game, the following season Kevin Ashcroft 'phoned me to ask it we's sponsor another game, I won't repeat my answer on here.  

The final answer will come from the RFL this week it is not finalised yet as we were told at Leigh today

The final answer will come from the RFL this week it is not finalised yet as we were told at Leigh today

I think you are very wrong indeed, it's been finalised by the RFL last Friday

That was before they realised that Swinton had been given the 3pm Sunday slot as Leigh/Fev was supposedly Friday night.Final decision in next couple of days!

That was before they realised that Swinton had been given the 3pm Sunday slot as Leigh/Fev was supposedly Friday night.Final decision in next couple of days!

Tickets go on sale from 1pm tomorrow for this game, we've been allocated 1,000 tickets and one of the stands behind the sticks!!

Tickets go on sale from 1pm tomorrow for this game, we've been allocated 1,000 tickets and one of the stands behind the sticks!!

. And?

. And?

And what???

And tickets usually come with a date on them ?

How many more times! The date has yet to be decided as the RFL had no knowledge that the powers that be at LSV had already agreed a date with Swinton and Leigh for both games.

How many more times! The date has yet to be decided as the RFL had no knowledge that the powers that be at LSV had already agreed a date with Swinton and Leigh for both games.

It's not our fault that your club hasn't been up to speed informing the fans etc, so I think it's time for you to jog on!!!

My information Is from a club director ,it may well be that you end up playing on the Sunday but as yet no final decision has been made.

My information Is from a club director ,it may well be that you end up playing on the Sunday but as yet no final decision has been made.

it''s not the final

Where you think mines from, my crystal ball

What a farce this has been - Leigh RLFC and the LSV have been an utter shambles throughout this process, we have made the pair of them look silly by not agreeing to their demands

Am I right in thinking Featherstone play Leigh in the league a week or so after the cup match and that is on a Friday?

Am I right in thinking Featherstone play Leigh in the league a week or so after the cup match and that is on a Friday?

Yes and no. Yes they play a week later, no as it's 3pm on Sunday 4th.

Yes got my 3 tickets and seats booked away for next week can't wait come on you fev