Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

10/04/14 - Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Draw
    • Huddersfield Giants

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 posts in this topic

Discuss the game here:

10/04/14 - Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

I'd better not comment.

Will Hull keep the score down and regain some pride? yes I think so. but Giants will still win by 10

With Hull not the most, um, inspiring team in SL at the moment and Hudd still fuming about last weekend I'll say Hudd by 8.

With Hull not the most, um, inspiring team in SL at the moment and Hudd still fuming about last weekend I'll say Hudd by 8.

Got to take you to task on that!

Hull at times have played some very enterprising stuff this season (I haven't missed a game) - the problem has been consistency over 80 minutes and an ability to close out a game.

I've a sneaking suspicion if the above issues are rectified Hull will surprise a few sides as the season progresses - starting on Thursday night

This has the potential to be a superb game. Both teams should be rather angry after losing their cup ties by the narrowest of margins so they'll no doubt want to put it behind them with a good performance tonight.  I think Hull might win by a small margin, maybe 6-10 points. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rare draw though.

Hudds are due to put it together I think and their squad looks more impressive than Hull's. I'd say Hudds by 12+

Hudds are due to put it together I think and their squad looks more impressive than Hull's. I'd say Hudds by 12+

They were certainly good on Sunday and probably deserved to progress. I reckon they'll pick up the pace soon too.

It'll be interesting to see if fatigue plays much of a role in the outcome. Sunday's game could take some getting over, both physically and mentally.

Got to take you to task on that!

Hull at times have played some very enterprising stuff this season (I haven't missed a game) - the problem has been consistency over 80 minutes and an ability to close out a game.

I've a sneaking suspicion if the above issues are rectified Hull will surprise a few sides as the season progresses - starting on Thursday night

Hull FC 32 v 18 Huddersfield

Consistency and closing out a game are our problem too so it should be interesting.

This has the potential to be a superb game. Both teams should be rather angry after losing their cup ties by the narrowest of margins so they'll no doubt want to put it behind them with a good performance tonight.  I think Hull might win by a small margin, maybe 6-10 points. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rare draw though.

Draws aren't rare for us - we've already had two so it's a nailed on draw.

They were certainly good on Sunday and probably deserved to progress. I reckon they'll pick up the pace soon too.

It'll be interesting to see if fatigue plays much of a role in the outcome. Sunday's game could take some getting over, both physically and mentally.

This is my main concern. 4 day turnaround - I hope they use the 'disappointment' of Sunday in a positive way and it sees them through the whole 80. The last 20 will be tough.

Consistency and closing out a game are our problem too so it should be interesting.

Yes, they pointed that out on Super League Backchat.

Anything could happen.

It is likely to be a tough one for Hudds with the short gap since the St Helens game and the absence of Cudjoe, Faiumu and Ferres. The Giants need to be able to play the percentages a bit better than they have so far this season and control the game when they get ahead.

COYG.

Hull with a 7 day turnaround compared to the giants 4 day. Huge advantage to them they're going to win easily.

What the hell is up with Huddersfield?

Great try by Houghton!

Nice pass out wide from Brough there. It was going to take something good to unlock this excellent Hull defence. They've been a joy to watch so far.

What the hell is up with Huddersfield? Great try by Houghton!

They played saints four days ago?? One team has 7 days rest and the other 4 days, make Thursday night rugby ridiculous at times...

The shorter gap between games was always going to be a big challenge to overcome for Hudds, but for me Hull were just really good in the opening 20 minutes. Houghton's try was a beauty; support play at its best.

Grix throwing punches at Ellis, picked the wrong bloke to pick on there.

Hull winning this and it's no surprise.

RL is such a physically demanding sport one team having nearly double the turnaround time is going to make the game so one sided.

If the challenge cup fixtures were reversed the scoreline would be the opposite. 30 - 6 to Hull.

On another note Richard Whiting is by far the most versatile player in SL history. No one touches him.

Brough spits his dummy out. Kicks out at Whiting before handbags are traded. Both sinbinned but only Brough should of been.

Jamie Shaul is absolutely quality on another note.

Carvery probably MOM he seemed very up for it. Put himself about a lot.