Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

10/04/14 - Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Draw
    • Huddersfield Giants

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 posts in this topic

Bloody hell, now Hudds have really got something to worry about. Well done Hull. Still, these Thursday games do nobody any favours.

Very enjoyable game that for me. Nice to see a dominant Hull pack and some very good support play at times.  Very difficult for Huddersfield due to the short turnaround. Brough was at his petulant worst - once again you don't need to be an expert lip reader to work out his feelings for the referee. And how on earth does Richard Whiting get binned for being kicked and punched?

well played Hull, totally bossed it......it's not Hull's fault that Hudds had a short turn around, there was an opportunity there and they took it - fair play to them

Very enjoyable game that for me. Nice to see a dominant Hull pack and some very good support play at times.  Very difficult for Huddersfield due to the short turnaround. Brough was at his petulant worst - once again you don't need to be an expert lip reader to work out his feelings for the referee. And how on earth does Richard Whiting get binned for being kicked and punched?

Poor call that one, he did nothing wrong.

Brough came up with a couple of inspired plays but as you say his frustration got the better of him again. If I was Big Paul then I'd stand him down next week, a short break might give him a chance to recompose himself and get his act together. 

Edit: Given the busy Easter period that might prove difficult, but I'm sure Anderson will sort things out in a far more efficient way than I'd be able to manage.

well played Hull, totally bossed it......it's not Hull's fault that Hudds had a short turn around, there was an opportunity there and they took it - fair play to them

Exactly. I think that most of the focus should be on the good job that Hull did today, lest they'll be denied the respect that they deserve after putting in such a performance.

Hull played very well, they took every opportunity offered to them. Some times teams have opportunities offered and fail to take advantage, previous Hull sides being experts. They seem to have developed a little bit of a killer instinct, something they have lacked for years.

The short turnaround was always my main concern. Having said that we looked knackered in the first 20 and looked better for the rest of the game. Credit to Hull - they came out of the blocks better than us and made us play catch up. 30-6 a fair reflection I thought and I actually enjoyed the game, some good tries from Hull. Nice to talk about the players and not the ref. Silverwood best ref by a distance for me.

Wasn't happy with the Grix incident at the start. Thought he should have been sent to cool down for 10 at least.

Saying that, it fired the lads up and he went missing for the entire game (wouldn't even run it in most if the time, choosing to pass it on) so it's as if he wasn't there anyway!

Great performance from the boys. Made my day.

Who gave them that opportunity.....not Salford, they objected.

Not Hull City. Sunday was available.

The RL who stated Cup games were to be played on the weekend, specifically Fri Sat and Sunday.

Nobody can blame Hull its those fools at the RFL.

Spoilt what could have been a good game tonight.

The RL who stated Cup games were to be played on the weekend, specifically Fri Sat and Sunday.

Didn't spoil it for me

Grix throw several punches and stays on.

Whiting takes several punches and is sent to the sin bin.

Perhaps the RFL did have some sympathy with Huddersfield for their short turnaround.

By the way, Huddersfield only had 4 days rest, that was a short turnaround wasn't it?

Surprised nobody's mentioned it.

Grix throw several punches and stays on.

Don't think that did Huddersfield any favours to be honest!

My man of the match was Gareth Ellis. His tackling contribution was immense. I like a good workhorse going about his business sometimes unnoticed.

I thought it was a very professional performance from Hull and a very unprofessional performance from Huddersfield. Huddersfield came across as a very dirty side and a few players appeared to want to square up every 2 minutes. I think we will see more teams winding Danny Brough up as clearly he cannot keep his head and completely loses the plot ruining any structure Huddersfield have.

Who gave them that opportunity.....not Salford, they objected.

Not Hull City. Sunday was available.

soapbox.gif the-exterior.jpg

Did he punch back?

Huddersfield are very much like Cas were with Rangi Chase (just more structured) - everything is planned around him and when Brough doesn't play well (or loses the plot) the whole team doesn't function properly.

They're lucky that they do at least have a few other players who can come up with some individual pieces of brilliance which will win them a few close games, but overall its the Brough show, and they need a plan B when he's not performing.

Brough has always had an attitude problem, but last year he looked to have improved that side of his game. However this year he's back to how he was and the team is suffering.

The opposition will be relentless now in trying to wind Brough up in every game and it may come to a point where Anderson has to drop him for a few games for the betterment of the whole team.

Huddersfield are very much like Cas were with Rangi Chase (just more structured) - everything is planned around him and when Brough doesn't play well (or loses the plot) the whole team doesn't function properly.

They're lucky that they do at least have a few other players who can come up with some individual pieces of brilliance which will win them a few close games, but overall its the Brough show, and they need a plan B when he's not performing.

Brough has always had an attitude problem, but last year he looked to have improved that side of his game. However this year he's back to how he was and the team is suffering.

The opposition will be relentless now in trying to wind Brough up in every game and it may come to a point where Anderson has to drop him for a few games for the betterment of the whole team.

I'd still play him but give the captaincy to one of the other senior players for a few games. It would have been Faiumu of Ferres but both are unavailable for a few weeks. Maybe Luke Robinson should take the mantle for a few games.

Grix should have walked for that tackle on Whiting. It was a disgrace.

Did he punch back?

Don't think so. He certainly ran after Brough, but who wouldn't after being kicked in the face? Pretty sure that when he was carded, Whiting said to Silverwood "so your giving me yellow for NOT throwing a punch". I'd have had Brough in the bin before that for his outburst having had the ball stripped in the first half which led to Miller's try. I'm no lipreading expert, but it looked very like he told Silverwood to "put a fork in a basket" or something like that......

Don't think so. He certainly ran after Brough, but who wouldn't after being kicked in the face? Pretty sure that when he was carded, Whiting said to Silverwood "so your giving me yellow for NOT throwing a punch". I'd have had Brough in the bin before that for his outburst having had the ball stripped in the first half which led to Miller's try. I'm no lipreading expert, but it looked very like he told Silverwood to "put a fork in a basket" or something like that......

It does seem particularly harsh then.

One of the reasons I like Ablett at Leeds is his ability to wind an opposition player up to the point of throwing a punch but having the restraint to not retaliate and just take the blows to the head (was it Huddersfield in the cup last year that he did that?). Maybe the running in could have been seen as provocation or something, I can't really say as i've not seen it yet.