Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

10/04/14 - Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Draw
    • Huddersfield Giants

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 posts in this topic

Just on the Brough/Whiting incident, am I right in thinking that the chain of events was -

Brough kick out a Whiting

Brough walks away

Whiting chases Brough

Brough punches Whiting

Both players binned?

Just on the Brough/Whiting incident, am I right in thinking that the chain of events was -

Brough kick out a Whiting

Brough walks away

Whiting chases Brough

Brough punches Whiting

Both players binned?

That was how it looked on TV.

It does seem particularly harsh then.

One of the reasons I like Ablett at Leeds is his ability to wind an opposition player up to the point of throwing a punch but having the restraint to not retaliate and just take the blows to the head (was it Huddersfield in the cup last year that he did that?). Maybe the running in could have been seen as provocation or something, I can't really say as i've not seen it yet.

It was Wardle who threw the punches at Ablett - got a ban for it if I remember correctly. The only thing Whiting did was chase after Brough so it was harsh being binned. As you say the only thing that could have been for is provocation.

That was how it looked on TV.

In which case it does seem harsh. Should have just been a bin for Brough, but I can understand the decision to do both

In which case it does seem harsh. Should have just been a bin for Brough, but I can understand the decision to do both

Would have been hard for the refs to see with just one look at it due to the amount of players that ran in.

My man of the match was Gareth Ellis. His tackling contribution was immense. I like a good workhorse going about his business sometimes unnoticed.

He's having a very good season. He looks in very good shape this time round. The way he's been breaking the ball carrier in half is like the Ellis of old.