Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stevereed100

Neil Hudgell fined £1000 by RFL for improper conduct!

63 posts in this topic

Following his well supported comment that the Disciplinary Committee were not fit for purpose the RFL have now petulantly kangarooed Neil Hudgell.

He has tweeted this decision and stated that he is looking forward to his chance to present his case on appeal. This suggests he was not given a chance to raise his issues when the penalty was imposed.

Neil raised the issue of persons on the Committee having vested intetests etc.....this should be a great opportunity to really get to the bottom of this closing of ranks between the Committee, the Refs and the RFL.

Whilst he may have a point the RFL don't want the Chairmen airing these things in public. fine will be increased if he appeals.

Is it any coincidence that this story breaks on a Thursday?

(Hull FC are at home tonight, btw.)

Good. There are other and better ways to change things,

fine will be increased if he appeals.

Open and shut then, Catch 22 don't appeal and the RFL are "right"

appeal and the fine is increased......what happened to a fair process?

What did he expect ?

A fair hearing perhaps?

I like the use of the word "petulantly", by the way.

I thought kangarooed was a lot better

Like the ipetition doing the rounds, started b4 NH and Adam Pearson spoke up.

There seems to be a lot of people who lack confidence in the powers that be.....Seems to have even united both sides of the Hull divide.

If you are a Leeds fan perhaps you are happy with Red Hall?

Seems to have even united both sides of the Hull divide.

Steady on mate.

Lets see how the RFL deal with Grix. Justin Poore is looking for consistency......

If you are a Leeds fan perhaps you are happy with Red Hall?

Of course they're happy, everyone knows Hetherington is the Jim Henson of Red Hall, he pulls the strings of Wood, Rimmer & the disciplinary panel ;)

Of course they're happy, everyone knows Hetherington is the Jim Henson of Red Hall, he pulls the strings of Wood, Rimmer & the disciplinary panel ;)

The thought of Nigel Wood having strings attached and somebody actually being able to move him is absurd.

fine will be increased if he appeals.

A fair hearing perhaps?

I thought kangarooed was a lot better

He's had a fair hearing.  He's "petulantly" whinged about a decision going against him.  He knew the rules and no doubt he's not surprised by the outcome.

He doesn't get a bigger fine for appealing, He has to pay the costs and may get a revised fine, which could be higher or lower, if he loses the appeal.  Which he will.  Because he's bang to rights.

Move on, Neil.

"fine will be increased if he appeals."

That was meant to read "fine will be increased if he loses his appeal".

Which is standard practice, otherwise everyone would appeal regardless of whether they had a chance of winning and just waste everyone's time and money

That was meant to read "fine will be increased if he loses his appeal".

Which is standard practice, otherwise everyone would appeal regardless of whether they had a chance of winning and just waste everyone's time and money

That's not true, brooza.  It could, in theory, go down or stay the same.  It depends on the appellant's case.

In Hudgell's case, he has no case, obviously.

That's not true, brooza.  It could, in theory, go down or stay the same.  It depends on the appellant's case.

In Hudgell's case, he has no case, obviously.

Sorry, the crux of my point thou was that the fine doesn't just get increased because of the appeal, which is the way the OP seems to have taken earlier post

I'm glad some of the Clubs Chairman are starting to speak up and raise issue with the "powers that be".

I'm sure most club owners are happy to pay few quid to have a rant and the "behind closed doors" happenings should be made more public.

It would seem they're all at it in Hull, as Adam Pearson has now also been fined (for what was probably the best line of the season):

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-FC-owner-Adam-Pearson-handed-RFL-fine/story-20948763-detail/story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This is just getting utterly ridiculous. 

I expect Nathan Brown to be fined soon as he said something unflattering about the timing of the Challenge Cup rounds in relation to Easter.

Thats 2 of our 14 chairmen "guilty" of improper conduct.

Are these men fit to invest £ millions of their own money in our game?

Pearson called the head of the Disciplinary Ctee batty.....disgraceful.

This lack of confidence in the RFL is very worrying, where the hell does it come from?

This lack of confidence in the RFL is very worrying, where the hell does it come from?

Chairmen of struggling teams that have had players banned?

EDIT: The above should have read "underperforming" rather than "struggling".

It would seem they're all at it in Hull, as Adam Pearson has now also been fined (for what was probably the best line of the season):

Again - what does he expect ?

He insults the people making the decisions then whines when he's called up before them himself.

Why not save time and just send in a cheque ?

These people are too used to getting their own way.

Again - what does he expect ?

He insults the people making the decisions then whines when he's called up before them himself.

To be fair, I'm not sure Pearson has complained about the fine. He's not appealing it anyway

Sorry, the crux of my point thou was that the fine doesn't just get increased because of the appeal, which is the way the OP seems to have taken earlier post

Yeah, I think we're both on the same side here.  My point, though, was that the fine and suspension (if there is one) are genuinely reviewed.  You do have to put up a deposit to appeal - which may or may not be returned to you.

To be fair, I'm not sure Pearson has complained about the fine. He's not appealing it anyway

Well, that's good news.

Chairmen of struggling teams that have had players banned?

For " the moderator of the international board" that seems to sum up the level of your intellectual contribution.

God help the Chairmen of the 8 clubs struggling below Hull, they don't matter in your eyes.

From a supposed jovial remark the truth spouts out. Leave it to Leeds Wigan etc to run the game shall we.

Always beware somebody trying to impress with their "job status".