Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Whitley

17/04/14 - Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC KO 8pm

Hull derby   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

93 posts in this topic

Any info on the attendance?

10.2k ish I think.

We weren't the better side, but God knows where the ref got that Whiting touched the ball. Clear to all.

Dodgy calls all night. Although to be fair, I couldn't see half the game from the Amsterdam Stand anyway. No lights. No speakers. Might as well not have been there.

We weren't the better side, but God knows where the ref got that Whiting touched the ball. Clear to all.

Dodgy calls all night. Although to be fair, I couldn't see half the game from the Amsterdam Stand anyway. No lights. No speakers. Might as well not have been there.

the calls weren't dodgy, they were difficult, they tended, in my opinion,  to be right where it was a try decider. Some others didn't get sent upstairs and where run of the mill every day fifty fifty ref did his best on these calls.

FC were out-enthused from my point of view.

the calls weren't dodgy, they were difficult, they tended, in my opinion, to be right where it was a try decider. Some others didn't get sent upstairs and where run of the mill every day fifty fifty ref did his best on these calls.

FC were out-enthused from my point of view.

Think dropping Heremaia was a mistake from Radford. He brings us a different style when we need it, and we did need it. Radford has brought more effort out of the side, it's pretty clear. But he needs to sort out his selection policy.

KR played a scooting style all game, and it worked. Hull's defence behind the ruck was shocking at times. Overall, they were the better team.

On Monday, I'd like to see Crooks back in the side and Yeaman dropped as well.

Rubbish

There was only one dodgy VR decision and that went in KR's favour.

Just watched the game back and the only one I could see they got wrong was the alleged touch by Whiting on the drop goal attempt. I thought the side view showed pretty clearly that there was no contact. Still, some go for you some go against you.

Rovers wanted it more than Hull, that was fairly obvious from the start.

Heremiah should have been in the squad, that was surely obvious to any Hull fan.

Put these two conclusions together and what do you get?

Oh, and how on Earth the decision was made that Whiting was any where near touching the ball on that drop goal attempt amazes me.

Hull FC were at least 2 yards offside anyways so justice was done.

Hull FC were at least 2 yards offside anyways so justice was done.

Absolutely not the case.

Rovers wanted it more than Hull, that was fairly obvious from the start.

Heremiah should have been in the squad, that was surely obvious to any Hull fan.

Put these two conclusions together and what do you get?

Oh, and how on Earth the decision was made that Whiting was any where near touching the ball on that drop goal attempt amazes me.

I don't know about Heremaia, mate. He's looked uncharacteristically flat in the last couple of games. I wouldn't be surprised if he's carrying an injury.

Kevin Larroyer was fantastic for Rovers.

Heremaia is a very average overseas player, i don't know why people are talking him up all of a sudden.

Heremaia is a very average overseas player

Maybe Hull FC make him look good with their average side.

He makes things happen when coming off the bench. Maybe Ullman is right, perhaps he is carrying an injury, but the word last night was that he was dropped.

On the train to perpignan after a bad nights sleep.Up at 4.30.

Haven't read previous posts yet but thoughtRoversdefence brilliant.

To beat James Childs...howbad was he? and the video ref was some achievement.

Disappointing turn out by Hull fans...on a lower base we take 6000 to the KC but lookedatbest 1000 hull support.

Still great weekend in prospect.

Disappointing turn out by Hull fans...on a lower base we take 6000 to the KC but lookedatbest 1000 hull support.

eyepatch-AustinPowers8.jpg

My word Steve, thank the Lord your lot won.  :blink:

maybe they are saving their money for Wembley!

maybe they are saving their money for Wembley!

Nah, we got knocked out first round.

Talk about turning an uncomfortable truth on its head. There were more Hull fans at the game than there have been for a long time at the KC Pipedream. It was the home section of the new stand that was only half full. The section allocated to Hull sold out long before the game. 

Maybe Hull FC make him look good with their average side.

He makes things happen when coming off the bench. Maybe Ullman is right, perhaps he is carrying an injury, but the word last night was that he was dropped.

Only speculation on my part as I'm sure you appreciate. I just think his performances have dipped a bit from the very high standard we've come to expect.

And if he's average, I'll have a team full. Oh wait...

I blame Childs and the video ref, and the RFL.....

Channel Tunnel train delay and cancellation 'chaos'       http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27074444

Sold out our section of the North Stand. Having bought tickets in the South Stand, anyone can see why people would rather watch on TV. It honestly feels like you're not at the game. I keep saying I'll never go in it again, wait a few years, then go back (it's like I forget how bad it is).

Huge space in the North Stand in the Rovers section. Perhaps there just aren't that many Rovers fans?

I think we all should stop picking on Steve for a bit.

He's probably somewhere under the English Channel so won't be able to defend himself at the moment.

Besides, it's not as though he posts anything anybody else could get worked up about is it?

Nice one OF. At St Pancras.

Rovers don't practice segregation, certainly not with our family and friends from the Darkside. As a Hull fan I would have bought a ticket in the West Stand or Family section of the North Stand or the Well.....give the East Stand a miss phps.

Hull only took an allocation of the blocks painted R and O, V was mixed colours and ERS was available.

Wellsy as my brother in arms thank you for coming...I would also stand on the Anlaby Road flyover if it was the only way to see Rovers at the KC.

I stopped being provocative months ago now I just rise to the few who seem to delight in being silly in debate....oh and the 2 or 3 who have never seen a ref have a bad game. Can anyone explain why jonathan sharp...has he ever refereed...Cummings and Ganson are all needed in ref mgmt....and what exactly do they do to add to the game.

Looking forward to Gansons return from penitence.