Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Whitley

17/04/14 - Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC KO 8pm

Hull derby   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

93 posts in this topic

Nice one OF. At St Pancras.

Rovers don't practice segregation, certainly not with our family and friends from the Darkside. As a Hull fan I would have bought a ticket in the West Stand or Family section of the North Stand or the Well.....give the East Stand a miss phps.

Maybe fans don't feel safe mixing with Rovers supporters in mixed part of the ground? Or feel their entertainment would be hampered by sitting there? Hardly accommodating.

Hull only took an allocation of the blocks painted R and O, V was mixed colours and ERS was available.

V was full. ERS was for Rovers supporters. It said so on the website.

Maybe had they been more accommodating of the away support, they'd have filled that stand.

Wellsy as my brother in arms thank you for coming...I would also stand on the Anlaby Road flyover if it was the only way to see Rovers at the KC.

You'd have a better view if the game as well.

Would you pay £18 to watch the game from there with no lights, speakers and limited view of the screen? For someone complaining about boycotting Thursday night games, I doubt it.

I stopped being provocative months ago now I just rise to the few who seem to delight in being silly in debate....oh and the 2 or 3 who have never seen a ref have a bad game. Can anyone explain why jonathan sharp...has he ever refereed...Cummings and Ganson are all needed in ref mgmt....and what exactly do they do to add to the game.

Looking forward to Gansons return from penitence.

Cummings isn't involved anymore, is he?

Unless you can suggest a better solution, I'd stop whinging about it. Your team got a huge call at the most important part of the game, yet you still complain?

Nice one OF. At St Pancras.

Rovers don't practice segregation, certainly not with our family and friends from the Darkside. As a Hull fan I would have bought a ticket in the West Stand or Family section of the North Stand or the Well.....give the East Stand a miss phps.

Hull only took an allocation of the blocks painted R and O, V was mixed colours and ERS was available.

Wellsy as my brother in arms thank you for coming...I would also stand on the Anlaby Road flyover if it was the only way to see Rovers at the KC.

I stopped being provocative months ago now I just rise to the few who seem to delight in being silly in debate....oh and the 2 or 3 who have never seen a ref have a bad game. Can anyone explain why jonathan sharp...has he ever refereed...Cummings and Ganson are all needed in ref mgmt....and what exactly do they do to add to the game.

Looking forward to Gansons return from penitence.

Hull sold out the two blocks they were allocated well before the game. It proved Hull fans will come if you provide the facilities. There were only enough Rovers fans in the stand to fill one of the blocks yet they were spread out over three of them. If you want to maximise revenue it would have made more sense to give Hull four of the sections. We would have filled your stand for you. Something you clearly don't have enough fans to do.

Like Wellsy I was on the southern terrace but most Hull fans aren't as daft as me. They won't pay eighteen quid for an experience that is a step down from watching Dockers at Tower Grange.

Hull sold out the two blocks they were allocated well before the game. It proved Hull fans will come if you provide the facilities. There were only enough Rovers fans in the stand to fill one of the blocks yet they were spread out over three of them. If you want to maximise revenue it would have made more sense to give Hull four of the sections. We would have filled your stand for you. Something you clearly don't have enough fans to do.

Like Wellsy I was on the southern terrace but most Hull fans aren't as daft as me. They won't pay eighteen quid for an experience that is a step down from watching Dockers at Tower Grange.

It honest feels like they'd rather have less Hull fans there so they can claim some kind of superiority than actually be accommodating and make more money.

"I'd watch from the flyover..." Yeah, good one Steve.

That occupied a dull moment.

sallyka.jpg

Hull should win this what with the RFL allowing them to play on their chosen night.

And I had no idea the FA cup final was an 8pm kick off on a Thursday.

What's that all about then?

Rervers 16 Hull 24.

(up his own posteria dimwit thinking he has something to say)

Great contribution.

The brackets are about as necessary as their content.

How ironic that you should call me a dimwit.

ha ha ha - ell Dimmest you've posted 89 times v OF 11,665 

I'd say OF has a lot more to say!

Looks like somebody got out of the wrong side of the bed!  :sarcastic:

You know those things that seem big and clever when you've had a drink?

They never are.

14muzyv.png

Carvell should get a ban for this. Never a clearer intent to stamp on a fellow professional.

Carvell should get a ban for this. Never a clearer intent to stamp on a fellow professional.

Watch the video. Carvell doesn't stamp on Jordan Cox's arm. He treads on it when he's trying to get back to marker. That sort of thing happens in the ruck all the time. There's no reaction from Cox which suggests he thought there was nothing in it. Although I suppose he might have thought it wasn't worth complaining given the extent of the conspiracy against Hull KR by the RFL and its match officials.

From an neutral view on Steve Reeds posts he seems to talk about Hull FC more than Hull KR.

I've read 8 points he's made in his posts, 7 about Hull FC, the refs and fan support, maybe he should put more focus on the Hull KR team instead of other subjects.

I've watched it several times and think it is as clear as day. 

I'm not interested in all this 'RFL are against Hull KR' nonsense but on this occasion I feel Carvell has stamped on the arm. 

Carvell must avoid the ruck to re-join the defensive line. This means he needs to move sideways. He doesn't do this; he moves forward and plants his foot where Cox's arm is. 

This indicates to me that it is a deliberate stamp.

Carvell is more than capable of side-stepping the ruck, especially as the tackle is complete.

. Never a clearer intent to stamp on a fellow professional.

You're probably too young mate but If that was intentional, Carvell has a lot to learn from Andy Gregory.

He was playing for GB v Oz a fair few years since. An Oz player was on the floor receiving treatment. Greg had to run past him to retrieve a loose ball off the floor. On his way back he simply stamped on the prone players' leg as he went past him. The Oz player almost jumped off the floor in pain.

No penalty or after match inquiry if memory serves.

From an neutral view on Steve Reeds posts he seems to talk about Hull FC more than Hull KR.

I've read 8 points he's made in his posts, 7 about Hull FC, the refs and fan support, maybe he should put more focus on the Hull KR team instead of other subjects.

You need to read a few more of my posts!

Still thanks for your concern, nice to know you are following me.

Anyway Hull are far more interesting, Rovers are just upstarts there to make up the numbers. Or so it seems.

I've watched it several times and think it is as clear as day. 

I'm not interested in all this 'RFL are against Hull KR' nonsense but on this occasion I feel Carvell has stamped on the arm. 

Carvell must avoid the ruck to re-join the defensive line. This means he needs to move sideways. He doesn't do this; he moves forward and plants his foot where Cox's arm is. 

This indicates to me that it is a deliberate stamp.

Carvell is more than capable of side-stepping the ruck, especially as the tackle is complete.

Two things strike me. Firstly it's not a 'stamp' by any stretch of the definition and secondly you'd have to be a mind reader to know if he's done it deliberately.