Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Whitley

21/4/14 - Hull FC v London Broncos KO 3pm

HFC v LON   5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • London Broncos
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

Discuss this match here...

As much as I hope and Pray that FC are knackered after the Derby shenanigans from Thursday, but I can't see past another Loss for the Londoners. FC have made 33% more yards in their 9 games thus far and I think that like most other SL teams this year, their pack will have too much for us. London need to start as they finished against Catalans and Hull need to start like Catalans finished for this to be a close contest.

Crowd wise, it seems that the FC declaration regarding "no more cheap tickets" will deliver a crowd of about 9k........

The game depends on the enigma that is Hull FC. The big club that does not play like one. London have improved as a side so if Hull ttreat this game as an occasion to give reserve graders a hit out then a "Widnes" performance is possible. If they treat it seriously then a "Huddersfield" outcome is likely.

London have to keep plugging away and remember Hull FC are very good at beating.. Hull FC.

The game depends on the enigma that is Hull FC. The big club that does not play like one. London have improved as a side so if Hull ttreat this game as an occasion to give reserve graders a hit out then a "Widnes" performance is possible. If they treat it seriously then a "Huddersfield" outcome is likely.

London have to keep plugging away and remember Hull FC are very good at beating.. Hull FC.

Sounds about right.

Except there will be few, if any, reserve graders in the home team. It'll just look like there are,

Hull 28 Larndon 20.

Att 9,312.

I think this would be the right time for those players dropped by Radford to prove themselves. If they can't perform against London, those players probably shouldn't be at the club.

I see James Cunningham isn't in the London squad. Presumably that's a condition of the loan agreement.

Looking at the squad Hull have named, you could argue that it's actually stronger than the one that played against our dear friends and neighbours on Thursday.

The Bookies are giving London a 34 point start on the handicap.

Think that`s pretty generous,even allowing for Hull`s very tough encounter thursday evening.

Even taking into account the fact that we are improving and finished on a relative high against Cats

I still think it will be Hull by 18ish. 

The Bookies are giving London a 34 point start on the handicap.

Think that`s pretty generous,even allowing for Hull`s very tough encounter thursday evening.

Even taking into account the fact that we are improving and finished on a relative high against Cats

I still think it will be Hull by 18ish. 

agree...that is a very generous head start and I may well have to slip a tenner out of the wife's purse!

Apparently I'm playing the half time game today. That should be interesting!

Apparently I'm playing the half time game today. That should be interesting!

If you're any good you might find yourself playing the second half game.

Sounds about right.

Except there will be few, if any, reserve graders in the home team. It'll just look like there are,

Hull 28 Larndon 20.

Att 9,312.

Given that Hull have scored 30+ points in five of their six home games, that looks a bit cautious to me.

Given that Hull have scored 30+ points in five of their six home games, that looks a bit cautious to me.

You seem to have forgotten that I'm the doom and gloom merchant.

You seem to have forgotten that I'm the doom and gloom merchant.

I'll have two bags this week.

Surely even I could score against London...

(Let it be known that if Hull lose, it was probably my fault for saying this!)

Cheers Ullman for posting this morning you saved me a score .

I was robbed by the steward! Idiot got in the way!

Cheers Ullman for posting this morning you saved me a score .

Glad to be of service :) 

I was robbed by the steward! Idiot got in the way!

I saw you'd gone close with one but couldn't really tell what had happened.

due to the time difference and me not seeing this post, the wife is down a tenner :jester:

A bad but not unexpected result, translating Tony Rea's "Sniffer speaK" post -match, when the coach insists confidence is not an issue you can bet it now is an issue in the dressing room. The number of heavy beatings inflicted on a young side does not lead so much to mental scarring as mental branding. With St Helens and Huddersfield up next it does not get any easier,

The side desperately needs some injection of playing quality and on-field leadership, a signing or two that might just persuade London's disintegrating fan base to stick with the club for next season wherever that may be. Now this boils down to money and if, as I suspect David Hughes no longer wishes to fund the club then you have to hope, against hope, that someone or some group is being tapped as we speak to come in to run the club in future.

Whether London should be ring-fenced in a Franchise system or be relegated to the lower tier is actually an irrelevant question as regardless of whatever option was pursued, London need root and branch reform both as a club off the field and as a team on it and that means new ownership and new money.. The alternative to which is simply the end of professional rugby league south of Wakefield which will have long term implications for the game.