Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Whitley

21/4/14 - Wigan Warriors v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm

WIG v BRA   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Bradford Bulls
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

80 posts in this topic

Discuss this game here...

Wigan by 60. Not even joking, our injury list got a lot worse last night, and from what I heard Wigan were great today. I'm not sure if we even have 17 fit players to send...

Am really looking forward to it. Hope Rocky gets a run and that our various injuries today aren't long term. I think the atmosphere will be pretty buoyant. It would be good to see the Bulls fans head over in numbers. There have been some great games at the DW over the years between these 2.

Am really looking forward to it. Hope Rocky gets a run and that our various injuries today aren't long term. I think the atmosphere will be pretty buoyant. It would be good to see the Bulls fans head over in numbers. There have been some great games at the DW over the years between these 2.

Are you taking the pee here,Bradford are struggling to cope with the bottom teams plus as AA says they have more injuries,2 years is along time for Bulls FANS

I cant impersonate Phil Clarke's vernacular , but it looks like Wigan are coming on song a win by at least 50

I'll be travelling with little hope and certainly no expectation on Monday. I'll be happy if we can raise a team and don't have to put in kids who are not physically ready for first team but that is looking unlikely at the moment. Must admit, I smiled at Exiled Wiganer's post - I too remember such games, with much affection, but somehow I can't see Monday's encounter being remembered in the same vein. I'm sure we will win more games this season, maybe even enough enough to stay up, but I can't see this game being one of them.

wigan have struggled against the weaker teams, and have a lot of players out of this game so probably still a win but by about 20.

Wigan will make their result against Hull KR on last year's Easter Monday look like a close game compared to this.

I'll be travelling with little hope and certainly no expectation on Monday. I'll be happy if we can raise a team and don't have to put in kids who are not physically ready for first team but that is looking unlikely at the moment. Must admit, I smiled at Exiled Wiganer's post - I too remember such games, with much affection, but somehow I can't see Monday's encounter being remembered in the same vein. I'm sure we will win more games this season, maybe even enough enough to stay up, but I can't see this game being one of them.

You do have to fear for the Bulls here, but good on you for sticking with them, I also remember when they were a match for anyone, It would be nice to see them up there again , but as you say it won't be in this game.

You have to hope Wigan are not in the same frame of mind as they were for Saints or it could be a complete drubbing.

I thought we lost 2 years ago and only just won last year, but haven't checked. will Bateman get a warm reception or booed and hissed?

I hope no young Bulls players talk to the press pre-game, The Ape will deliberately misinterpret their words and use his fantasised version to bait them pre-game.

I thought we lost 2 years ago and only just won last year, but haven't checked. will Bateman get a warm reception or booed and hissed

Circumstance dictated the win two years ago - potentially our last game ever at the time, the second in a series of about five over the last two years. I can't overstate how decimated the squad is to last years, we barely have any forwards to speak of for one thing. I admire your positivity, but I think it's ill-informed on this occasion (although have you ever thought about going into PR?! Far too forward thinking to be a Rugby League fan!)

Bateman won't get booed (any vitriol people have over his departure is aimed squarely at the shady goings on behind his departure from someone behind the scenes at Bradford), he'll get a warm reception but I doubt a parade will be thrown in his honour either.

I thought we lost 2 years ago and only just won last year, but haven't checked. will Bateman get a warm reception or booed and hissed?

The Bradford crowd generally give a good reception to former players - the very few exceptions being those who people feel disrespected the club, like Badback[ie Paul Newlove, who refused to play for the club, claiming injury] and I dread to think of the reception Matt Orford would get if showed his face this side of the equator, but JB will get a good reception from the fans.

I hope no young Bulls players talk to the press pre-game, The Ape will deliberately misinterpret their words and use his fantasised version to bait them pre-game.

I've missed something here. What's this alluding to?

The Bradford crowd generally give a good reception to former players - the very few exceptions being those who people feel disrespected the club, like Badback[ie Paul Newlove, who refused to play for the club, claiming injury] and I dread to think of the reception Matt Orford would get if showed his face this side of the equator, but JB will get a good reception from the fans.

Despite some of the fallings out that a majority of the 2013 departures had with Cummins - which your fan on the street may not privvy to - then yes I'd agree Bateman will get a welcoming reception from the Bradford fans. Especially as we know to a man he'd improve our side and now we've learned he was sold behind the clubs back as it were... (not a dig at Wigan, they did their business above board of course.)

There is no need for that insult. None at all.

I've missed something here. What's this alluding to?

Despite some of the fallings out that a majority of the 2013 departures had with Cummins - which your fan on the street may not privvy to - then yes I'd agree Bateman will get a welcoming reception from the Bradford fans. Especially as we know to a man he'd improve our side and now we've learned he was sold behind the clubs back as it were... (not a dig at Wigan, they did their business above board of course.)

Have a look at pages 5 and 6 of the Saints Wigan match thread. It was all something of nothing really.

Despite some of the fallings out that a majority of the 2013 departures had with Cummins - which your fan on the street may not privvy to

Forget what Browny said - what is THIS alluding to...?

I saw Francis Cummins in Bradford Library today. He was browsing The Steve McNamara Compendium of Excuses.

There is no need for that insult. None at all.

Envy is such an ugly emotion don't you think?

Envy is such an ugly emotion don't you think?

I agree, though It's not the motivation it's the offensive personal comment. It has no place here.

Wigan will look to coast this game, that will be Wigan's problem. 

I expect a Wigan win, I don't expect a walk over.

By the way if any Bratfut posters on here find me in the Anvil tomorrow I may stand you a pint, as long as you're genuine.

I just hope the Bulls put up a better show than they did against Leeds,Frannies days at the Bulls could be coming to an end otherwise.