Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Whitley

21/4/14 - Wigan Warriors v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm

WIG v BRA   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Bradford Bulls
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

80 posts in this topic

If you think Bradford will win against Catalan then get some money on. You'll get some seriously good odds.

Actually, for some reason I still had the last tie in my head; Oldham?

Yeah, I take your point.

I wouldn't have minded getting Bradford at Lawkholme, it could have been interesting to say the least.

Actually, for some reason I still had the last tie in my head; Oldham?

Yeah, I take your point.

I wouldn't have minded getting Bradford at Lawkholme, it could have been interesting to say the least.

It wouldn't. It would have been a comprehensive Bulls win.

It wouldn't. It would have been a comprehensive Bulls win.

I think you're about right if we'd played them in our first round - not so sure if we'd been playing them at this coming weekend! Confidence is totally shot. Luckily for us we'll never know. But I'm sure Keighley fans will be looking forward to the glory of beating the worst Bradford side in living memory next year - plenty of others seemingly are!

I was really hoping for the bulls in the cup this year. I can only fantisize of what could of been. Oh well, see you next year

EW's grammar detector just exploded.

Wigan will make their result against Hull KR on last year's Easter Monday look like a close game compared to this.

Near enough.

Forget what Browny said - what is THIS alluding to...?

My source from the past few years is the grandfather of a former Bradford player, who attends his grandson's matches now instead of Bradford, he would be very insightful about who was or wasn't onside with Cummins, and pretty much the majority have moved on. Of course things like that probably happen at every club at things can change over time. But it was interesting to hear.

I expect Wigan to win, but not by a walkover. This season we have a habit of just doing enough, grinding the opposition down and easing away in the last 20. Aside from Friday, we have also been starting very slow.

Ha. Don't you look foolish now?

Thought they'd break a record when I saw it at 78-0 with nearly 20 minutes to go. Must have eased off.

Had they not conceded that late try, it'd have broken it. In fact there's been a few games in SL that have been one score out.

Thought they'd break a record when I saw it at 78-0 with nearly 20 minutes to go. Must have eased off.

Had they not conceded that late try, it'd have broken it. In fact there's been a few games in SL that have been one score out.

Err, I think you find we earned that try.

How disrespectful.

:onthequiet:

Ha. Don't you look foolish now?

Happy to be proved wrong from a Wigan perspective. Disappointed as an RL fan to see Bradford hitting the lows.

If Wigan had scored this amount against London Broncos, almost everyone would have been saying how they don't deserve to be in Superleague.  Yet I see none of those comments at all about Bradford (and London didn't concede anywhere near so many against Wigan either).  Strange, tha'

If Wigan had scored this amount against London Broncos, almost everyone would have been saying how they don't deserve to be in Superleague.  Yet I see none of those comments at all about Bradford (and London didn't concede anywhere near so many against Wigan either).  Strange, tha'

Bradford don't deserve to be in SL. Job done.

Poor from a moderator

Moderators are allowed to express opinions.

If Wigan had scored this amount against London Broncos, almost everyone would have been saying how they don't deserve to be in Superleague. Yet I see none of those comments at all about Bradford (and London didn't concede anywhere near so many against Wigan either). Strange, tha'

It doesn't need saying anymore, the SL rounds will sort out who is deserving and who is not. A good chance both wont be up to scratch.

On paper the Bradford team is much better than the London one, however their confidence is shot to pieces. It was the same with Wigan when we were losing 70-0 and 75-0 in consecutive weeks, it can just spiral out of control. Hopefully both teams will see better times by the end of the year and if not, then in years to come. Wigan are a good example of how things can turn around, although I accept that circumstances are much more difficult and challenging for both Bradford and London off the pitch.

No one mentioned that Rovers didn't deserve a SL place when they got beaten by the same score at home last year either...

No one mentioned that Rovers didn't deserve a SL place when they got beaten by the same score at home last year either...

The thing is with Bradford (and London) that their problems go far deeper than just a one-off thrashing.

London will finish bottom that's a fairly safe bet but on present form it's hard to argue that Bradford won't be second bottom.

Hull KR finished 8th. How much would you bet that either Bradford or London will finish 8th?

We are in a state, but player shortage and the quick turnround presumably affected the Bulls performance (I didn't go so can't comment on it).

I remember Wigan sticking seventy on us in a semi-final at Bolton. We weren't a desperately bad team then and we aren't now. We are just not performing.

Yep, people have short memories when it doesn't suit the point they want to make. Good to see how Hull KR have steadied the ship and come around since then.

Also they put 62 points against Widnes as well the week or so before.

Credit to the Bradford fans who did come, they stayed until the very end. I don't think I have seen a team that poor for a while though. Every time Wigan had the ball they looked like scoring.

Yep, people have short memories when it doesn't suit the point they want to make. Good to see how Hull KR have steadied the ship and come around since then.

Also they put 62 points against Widnes as well the week or so before.

Like I said, I don't think anyone would have made a comment based on one game. Bradford have huge off-field problems that KR simply don't have.

It's sad to see how a former giant has fallen on such hard time but right now Bradford don't seem to have the funds to run a competitive SL side.

I don't wish relegation on either them or Broncos but 14 teams are going to become 12 and it's hard to look past Broncos and Bradford as the teams most likely to go down.