Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

haven reaction

119 posts in this topic

We were the better, smarter team today for 60 minutes and then the rot set in with unforced errors. I agree with PV by this period we should have been further ahead on the scoreboard. People posting on here saying we are no better than last season must be watching a diffferent team. We are now attemping to play attacking rugby with structure and set moves, which is hell of a lot better than ploughing up the middle with one man rugby. With several additions to the squad I think we will turn the corner.

Let me get this right your players are too unfit, but last Thursday you had Paul Johnson and a fitness team up too put you threw your paces, outcome you were really fit and well conditioned so that's 1 excuse put too bed, you ridicule us for not hammering you today, so what we got the 3 points and you never, stop worrying about how bad we are and worry about yourselfs we had no dr and a player your club deemed finished you need to wake up Charlo left for a reason and you seen it today you are puppets for Wigan and you can't stand us beating you think you will find we will be in the championship next year and you will back too were you belong 1 good season last year and yer world beaters get a grip

enjoy your win marra but we had a stinker. in all honesty you weren't much better. You were there for the taking really but with persistent errors it was handed on a plate. given the field position and ball you had you did nothing with it really. A decent championship team would have beaten you comfortably today.

We were the better, smarter team today for 60 minutes and then the rot set in with unforced errors. I agree with PV by this period we should have been further ahead on the scoreboard. People posting on here saying we are no better than last season must be watching a diffferent team. We are now attemping to play attacking rugby with structure and set moves, which is hell of a lot better than ploughing up the middle with one man rugby. With several additions to the squad I think we will turn the corner.

im sorry but were nowhere near to being as good as we were last year, results confirm this. Yes we might be trying things out, but we're not pulling them off.

im sorry but were nowhere near to being as good as we were last year, results confirm this. Yes we might be trying things out, but we're not pulling them off.

we have a significantly weaker pack than last year.

exactly, which makes a worse side this year. Anyone saying were a better team than last years is crazy I'm afraid

Let me get this right your players are too unfit, but last Thursday you had Paul Johnson and a fitness team up too put you threw your paces, outcome you were really fit and well conditioned so that's 1 excuse put too bed, you ridicule us for not hammering you today, so what we got the 3 points and you never, stop worrying about how bad we are and worry about yourselfs we had no dr and a player your club deemed finished you need to wake up Charlo left for a reason and you seen it today you are puppets for Wigan and you can't stand us beating you think you will find we will be in the championship next year and you will back too were you belong 1 good season last year and yer world beaters get a grip

Unlike your deluded lot we have never thought we were world beaters, and if you think we belong in the championship then on that performance you will be there with us. the only difference between us today was the unforced errors we made and the hoss of a game your prop had, we had no one to give us the go forward that he did. If we can get a fully fit team on the park I'm very confident of winning the return fixture at DP. .

Let's hope you don't get carried away and spend what you haven't got again, you might be changing your name to haven2015. 

Fair play to Haven they were down to their bones with no DR and they still beat us. They had a prop that put a massive effort in for them, and their PNG guy had a good game.

But I think it shows where we are when we couldn't beat them. In dry conditions our ball retention in that second half was awful. Ok Doran may have helped at least one out but that's no excuse.

Both teams badly lacked any direction on the field, the plus for haven is that they have addressed it and as yet we haven't.

Until McAvoy and Stack came on we weren't really getting our noses through their defence, and we created very little to break their defence. At one point in the first half we had a couple of repeat sets and didn't look like scoring.

The big prop was out on his feet for the last 15 mins and we didn't set any move to target him with quick lads running at him.

I'm not sure what Haven fans think of Doran but IMO he is a horrible @@@@ of a player. He will do anything to try and gain an advantage. Always in the refs ear, always messing about at the PTB doing sly stuff. Then to cap it all when we had a player injured he was shouting at the ref complaining. He has done a good job for them for a few seasons but he doesn't need all the bad sportsman stuff.

To only beat a side that had a 40% completion rate at home by 6 points is a telling statistic

Teams that have a 70% completion should be beaten easily

That shows there was nothing between them really and one team isn't a dvision better than the other

Probably both to go down now

To only beat a side that had a 40% completion rate at home by 6 points is a telling statistic

Teams that have a 70% completion should be beaten easily

That shows there was nothing between them really and one team isn't a dvision better than the other

Probably both to go down now

well said shaun.

I  think we are  as fit as last season.The reason we are running out of steam early is that Thacks and  Acton could make 20-30 mtrs in two drives.We are lucky to make 30mtrs in four drives now. Twice the effort for the same yardage. We don't have any player who can kick us down the field with any purpose. Result- fatigue.

I think we are as fit as last season.The reason we are running out of steam early is that Thacks and Acton could make 20-30 mtrs in two drives.We are lucky to make 30mtrs in four drives now. Twice the effort for the same yardage. We don't have any player who can kick us down the field with any purpose. Result- fatigue.

Acton would have made all the difference yesterday,personally I don't think forber played that bad the problem he had was our forwards weren't making room for him..

Wasn't it nice though that coach woods got into the bank holiday spirit by dressing in a Demmis roussos dress..

I can't understand people saying our kicking game was poor , apart from one Forber chip through it was the best i've seen it in ages and our goal-line defence was much better. Their two props showed us what we're lacking ...some real go-forward. I don't like to give em praise but the big guy put in a massive stint , his hitup count must've been huge!

Too many handling errors cost us resulting in tiredness at the end. For me there were signs of improvement but we lack quality (where was Gelling?) and there's no bad teams in this league which makes wins hard to come by.

The result aside, what a disappointing crowd there was. Glorious spring day, no footie on TV yet less than 1500 at the game. What does that say about the general apathy about the pro game. It would be better if both clubs flooded the local area with free tickets for under 16s, at least it would have put a few more bodies on the terraces.

That was my first visit to the Recreation for about 4 seasons and I had forgotten how bad the ground is. It must be one of the worst grounds in the professional game. I know Towns isn't much better, but it is a huge improvement on whitehavens. How both clubs must be kicking themselves at the loss of the opportunity to have new grounds built. If the much lauded consultation comes back and says super league is the only way forward in west Cumbria, what would you do about the ground as neither is suitable for the needs of speccies in the modern game

The big problem is there's no decent talent to step up from the amateur game and the standard of union is so poor there aren't any players there to step in either.

Both derby games in Championship 1 a few years ago drew over 2k because of the simple fact that both teams were winning most of their games and were competing to be promoted rather than to not be relegated which both probably will anyway.

I also think that town playing in the league below and winning regularly would attract bigger crowds than playing in this league and losing.

There are enough quality players to compete if the 2 sides joined together but unfortunately not enough to stay up as 2 separate teams.

Plenty of talent playing amateur rl, but have you asked yourself why players would rather stay amateur than sign for town or haven? Lack of ambition on the players part or nothing to aim for in the pro game except the occasional winning pay?

Acton would have made all the difference yesterday,personally I don't think forber played that bad the problem he had was our forwards weren't making room for him..

Wasn't it nice though that coach woods got into the bank holiday spirit by dressing in a Demmis roussos dress..

Why the personnel attack on woods you don't see anyone calling Vievers a miserable so and so

Quite right ... It's a kaftan not a dress ...

Plenty of talent playing amateur rl, but have you asked yourself why players would rather stay amateur than sign for town or haven? Lack of ambition on the players part or nothing to aim for in the pro game except the occasional winning pay?

Barring a few at Wath Brow there isn't much.

I can't understand people saying our kicking game was poor , apart from one Forber chip through it was the best i've seen it in ages and our goal-line defence was much better. Their two props showed us what we're lacking ...some real go-forward. I don't like to give em praise but the big guy put in a massive stint , his hitup count must've been huge!

Too many handling errors cost us resulting in tiredness at the end. For me there were signs of improvement but we lack quality (where was Gelling?) and there's no bad teams in this league which makes wins hard to come by.

sorry i would have to disagree our kicking was poor IMO.we were caught twice with the ball on last tackle and once we let them close us down easily and get the charge down, On a dry day with not much wind we didn't try a single attempt at a 40/20 all the game something that would gave earned us the yards that the forwards simply couldn't make. That would have helped with the fatigue. Lupton forber and connor on the pitch and not one 40/20 attempt. Maybe thats them bad choices that keep getting mentioned.

sorry i would have to disagree our kicking was poor IMO.we were caught twice with the ball on last tackle and once we let them close us down easily and get the charge down, On a dry day with not much wind we didn't try a single attempt at a 40/20 all the game something that would gave earned us the yards that the forwards simply couldn't make. That would have helped with the fatigue. Lupton forber and connor on the pitch and not one 40/20 attempt. Maybe thats them bad choices that keep getting mentioned.

i think we only got 1 repeat set off a kick and even our 1st try that was result of a kick only came about because of a clanger from haven. Our kicking was slightly better than normal, but that's not a positive to take as our kicking is generally dreadful.

Most of our kicking is awfull, every  kick we seem to kick it flat where most teams give it has mutch height as possible then most times its a 50/50 ball in fact i think it gives the winger running in a big advantage, these flat kicks are going right down the fullbacks or wingers throat 

At the end of the day its down to opinions, my memories of last season were 3 or 4 drives down the middle (remember posts on here of the backs getting no service & starved of the ball) followed by a hopeful off-load or kick. We are by no means the finished product but I for one can see an improvement in moving the ball. Things will hopefully get better when our key players return to match fitness, Ellliot returns and hopefully we sign at least three players (like Barrow) of our own for the rest of the season as we can't rely on Wigan and DR.

But is there anything in the pipeline ? Are we close to , looking or even able to sign three , or any , players of our own on contract ? A few of us have heard before that it's all down to DR or loan , so let's see ?

At the end of the day its down to opinions, my memories of last season were 3 or 4 drives down the middle (remember posts on here of the backs getting no service & starved of the ball) followed by a hopeful off-load or kick. We are by no means the finished product but I for one can see an improvement in moving the ball. Things will hopefully get better when our key players return to match fitness, Ellliot returns and hopefully we sign at least three players (like Barrow) of our own for the rest of the season as we can't rely on Wigan and DR.

i think it will be too late by the time ell returns. He's a good while off. Last year we weren't great but we won, this year were still poor but are losing. Give me last years performances anytime.