Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

haven reaction

119 posts in this topic

Barring a few at Wath Brow there isn't much.

Sam Forrester

Troy Armstrong

Karl Dixon

Lewis Beckwith

Scott Akehurst

Ross Ainley

Fran King

Danny Morrow

That's a list of players who could do a job for Town without me even switching my brain on

Why the personnel attack on woods you don't see anyone calling Vievers a miserable so and so

Have a look on your own deluded fans forum and you will find you are wrong Boycie. H4E/ BKM among others with his all things Town obsession does call Vievers something along those lines.

Do you seriously think they could step up and play Championship Rugby? Because other than a couple of them the majority of coaches I've spoken to in West Cumbria don't.

But is there anything in the pipeline ? Are we close to , looking or even able to sign three , or any , players of our own on contract ? A few of us have heard before that it's all down to DR or loan , so let's see ?

Did you buy a programme and read the coaches notes at the Sheffield game? If so the answer to that question was in it

If he explained all those points and confusions we've done to death here I wish I had

Most of our kicking is awfull, every kick we seem to kick it flat where most teams give it has mutch height as possible then most times its a 50/50 ball in fact i think it gives the winger running in a big advantage, these flat kicks are going right down the fullbacks or wingers throat

Agree with you Abu, I think it would be worthwhile for the likes of Buffer and Kayle to either spend a bit of time at Wigan going through some kicking training with their lads or invite somebody like Briers or Holty up to do a couple of sessions so they can pick a few tips up.

I wouldn't say that the coach answered all the questions but here's what he said, "Obviously the number of injuries (which tend to occur where fitness isn't up to the required standard) we've had to key players hasn't helped, but defensive errors have cost us in the last few games. That said, we are looking at home and abroad and are in the market for an experienced half back to bring a bit more creativity, but until then it's up to the players we have to prove they're worthy of a place in the side regardless of who arrives in the future. Unfortunately, there aren't a huge number of options at this stage of the season in terms of who's available, but we are trying hard to address the situation"

Of course there are good amateurs around but it just depends if they are ambitious or not. Some are quite content to play in the local leagues and have Saturday nights in the pub with their mates rather than take a chance at semi-professional level. From what is said, others seem to be legends in their own heads and want silly money to sign.

I would say there'll be plenty of the latter from what I've heard but i suppose some prefer to be a big fish in a small pond.

BARLA have obviously arranged more appealing tours also to keep players from the pro game which is the ridiculous situation you get when the game has more than one governing body. I don't know the history of how it started but it's not the case in soccer or rugby union so they don't have that problem.

the lad Cullean think that,s his name, that worked out of haven and is now back at Kells would do a good job for us worth having a look at???

Did I miss something can someone explain why Brett carter was pulled back by the ref when he intercepted and was clean through.

Agree with you Abu, I think it would be worthwhile for the likes of Buffer and Kayle to either spend a bit of time at Wigan going through some kicking training with their lads or invite somebody like Briers or Holty up to do a couple of sessions so they can pick a few tips up.

Havnt said much on the site, but thats a great post. Totally agree, lets use DR both ways, we have lads who have the skills i.e. can put some great kicks in now and again, but maybe some coaching sessions at Wigan would be a great advantage towards a consistantly gd kicking game which gives teams a massive advantage in our league. Its no disrespect to our lads at all but lets use Wigan for our benefit too, it should be a 2 way relationship.

Did I miss something can someone explain why Brett carter was pulled back by the ref when he intercepted and was clean through.

Had already called end of the tackle i think, just a word on the kicking thingy, and it really winds me up this one, is not the kicks in general play, but the kick on the 1st phase of a penalty, we make 10 - 12 yards, its free yards, the bloody ball should go and get us 3 or 4 times more distance than that, in a past life when i had an input in a non pro club i used to open up and there kicker used to come down and kick all day long, goals, for touch, and just chips etc, he was just a teenager at the time, but went on to play pro and become an international so the hard work paid off.

And can someone explain why Brett Philips was pulled back for his defensive interception, when he was clearly hehind the line (I was in full view of his position) prior to their match winning try? Other than someone else being offside I can't understand why the ref made this decision and felt at the time we were cheated out of a potential victory this is not sour grapes - I am totally clear about what happened.

I also think officials have cost us 6 points this season. It's no good them apologising for errors after the game the standard is shocking

And can someone explain why Brett Philips was pulled back for his defensive interception, when he was clearly hehind the line (I was in full view of his position) prior to their match winning try? Other than someone else being offside I can't understand why the ref made this decision and felt at the time we were cheated out of a potential victory this is not sour grapes - I am totally clear about what happened.

I was stood right behind and big Brett was defo not offside,shacks told the ref this in a no uncertain way ha

Do you seriously think they could step up and play Championship Rugby? Because other than a couple of them the majority of coaches I've spoken to in West Cumbria don't.

Callum made the step and a couple of the players I mentioned are as good as him in there own positions. Ryan Fieldhouse, Tommy Goulden, Jono Smith all went from amateur to pro with aplomb. Our long term answer isn't coming from down country so why not give them lads the opportunity??

There's also good squad players like Culneen Danny Barker and Stephen Fox out there and good kids within the Cumbria storm academy set up

He pulled us up for offside and give them a penalty, Brett was certainly not offside the pass was long loopy and drifting forward my old lass would have intercepted that without being offside. It was a game turner, Brett would have gone under the sticks just before halftime for a 10 point lead. Saying that I thought the ref was okay apart from a couple of dodgy decisions, he could have easily binned an haven player for indiscipline early on.

The other game turner was when we had spent 20 minutes with no ball and put in a great defensive stint, we managed to get down the other end and force a drop out only for us to drop it and give them the ball back on the halfway line. :shout: At the end of the day the best team won, I would like to see the possession stats for the game.

Have to agree with Voodoo on Doran.......what a horrible **** never shuts up, niggles, sly digs , and turns his back going into every tackle. We could do with someone getting into the refs ear, every team seems to have one apart from us, just look what Handforth did for Keighley the other week, 10 penalties on the belt after constant haranguing of the schoolboy in charge.

Let's show some faith in Phil and give him our backing, he has had some horrible luck with injuries and I'm sure the Keighley game knocked the stuffing out of everyone at the club. We were all delighted at his appointment, he's a quality coach and I'm confident we will improve under him, if we can keep everyone fit. 

From what I witnessed on Friday there's a fair few on both sides who wouldn't get into the wath brow/Kells teams,never mind the other way around.

Culnean and Fox maybe but I wouldn't pay Barker with washers.

culnean and fox can't sign for a championship club until the end of the season. Conditions of there releases.

Culnean mom for Kells on his return absolute clanger dropped by us wouldn't be suprized if he's already had contact as he did have talks pre season

culnean and fox can't sign for a championship club until the end of the season. Conditions of there releases.

I thought it was that they couldn't leave Haven for another Championship club. Since they have joined amateur clubs there can't be any reason for them not to sign for a Championship club, surely?

I thought it was that they couldn't leave Haven for another Championship club. Since they have joined amateur clubs there can't be any reason for them not to sign for a Championship club, surely?

its the same as when benson left them. They will have had to sign a release clause