Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOYALION

Hallelujah!

37 posts in this topic

Tony Smith has finally seen sense and named Kev Penny in Warrington's squad on Easter monday.

Personally I hope you have a stinker Kev but good luck to you lad!

Hope it goes well though I suspect this is all part of the Easter games that the super league bosses play. Sure Kevin will grasp the chance though. Thrilling to watch.

And if Warrington want to send over any other players in need of improvement then I am sure we will try..

Richly deserved,without doubt the best winger I've seen in a Swinton shirt.

Agree (in recent times) with that, but obviously being of a certain age, my candidate has to be John Stopford of course.

Yes its a big call that Duffymoon

I think hes up there for me with Derek Bate vying for top spot. Another man with effortless pace who should have played at the very top more often .

Not just Penny's blistering speed it's his work ethic as well and the way he can leap akin to a salmon for the kick to the corner ia another weapon to compliment his pace.

...blistering speed... 

Throughout history all the best wingers use far more than sheer speed to achieve their aims

Not just Penny's blistering speed it's his work ethic as well and the way he can leap akin to a salmon for the kick to the corner ia another weapon to compliment his pace.

Probably due to him being a basketball player before trying his hand atrugby!

Yes Derek Bate was one of my favourite wingers along with Scott Ranson - in fact I remember not long after Derek Bate signed for Swinton from Leigh Miners - I was playing for Salford University Old Boys against Leigh Miners 2nd Team in the then NW Counties Div3 - managed to dislocate my shoulder and Derek was watching the first team match and actually drove me to the hospital - so we were chatting about him playing for Swinton took my mind off my shoulder........:)

I also remember Tony Pratt - not the most gracious of players but when ran with the ball he was devastating...............all good memories............

Talking of wingers. None of us ever saw him play, but he won 5 cups in one season and is Swinton's greatest try scorer ever under RL rules, Our first ever Great Britain cap & tourist , Frank Evans. 197 tries for Swinton. RIP..

He'll be the fall guy for todays hammering I have no doubt

I don't understand why he polarises opinion so much.

I suspect many Wire fans are not convinced how much he's progressed in his time with us. worth remembering he's been at Wakefield and Widnes since his initial spell at Wire and Didnt set the world on fire at those clubs.

Kevs a great player without doubt but it's very rare for a superleague club to resign a former player they released hope he gets chances to prove himself

We'll have him any day of the week

We need Jordan back Phil . have a word !!!

I decided to watch the super league show last night - only to see how Penny did - from the limited set of highlights - e.g. just the tries, Penny did not put a foot wrong all but two of Castleford's tries were scored down the opposite wing and the one scored on Penny's side, Castleford had a two man overlap...............

We need Jordan back Phil . have a word !!!

Has he finished at Sheffield then? Yes Phil get in his ear!

I decided to watch the super league show last night - only to see how Penny did - from the limited set of highlights - e.g. just the tries, Penny did not put a foot wrong all but two of Castleford's tries were scored down the opposite wing and the one scored on Penny's side, Castleford had a two man overlap...............

So he's gonna drop Monaghan then?

I hope not Id like to see Kev with us permanent albeit would be to his detriment .

I hope not Id like to see Kev with us permanent albeit would be to his detriment .

That would depend on the Lions future. IF Dr Koucash has designs on taking over and building a ground wouldn't he want the best team possible for Swinton. If he splashed a little cash on players the first name on my list would be Kev and would he be better off as the first name on our team sheet every week or hoping for a call up at Wire? If we could get to the same standard as say Leigh or Fev then why not?

We should be hearing more over the next week shouldnt we?