Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Grinder

Next Subday's CC Game v Leigh

55 posts in this topic

For those who say Leigh have played no-one..well they have now; They were faster more organised and much better in the forwards; Well done Leigh..we need to catch you up now;

For those who say Leigh have played no-one..well they have now; They were faster more organised and much better in the forwards; Well done Leigh..we need to catch you up now;

It was a cracking Cup tie which could've gone either way, thankfully it went ours but next week is another kettle of fish.

taxi for hurst not adding anything to the team have a prop at acting half back i counted 3 times is just not the way to play the game !!! just my point of view by the way

Best team on the day won.

They looked faster, smarter and wanted it more.

Agree Plug about organisation, and I've been shouting for a taxi for Hurst all year. However,I'm giving him credit today he worked very hard for most of the match and I don't blame him for the acting half back I blame others for not being there.

The game was a cracking cup match but they were far more organised. Their kicking game (or our lack of kicking game) was a big difference. We did some pretty daft things at times.

Roll on next week and 3 vital points.

he   was  also   second  man  in  line  a  couple  of  times  i  half  expected   him  and  moore   to  do  a  run  round  move  a  la   derek  fox  and  geoff  grayshon .now  that  would   have   been  worth  seeing.in  the  engine  room  we  have  not  replaced   stuart and  tonker  present  props  are   poor  imitations.also  the  team  are  too  pre occupied  with  setting   up  plays   rather  than  straight .running  backing  up  the   ball   carrier  and  commmiting  the  tacklers   before  releasing  the  ball,rugby  league  is  straightforward   i  think   we  try   to  make  things  harder  than  they   are.bastion needs  to  learn  from  this  defeat  and   maybe  play  a  more  basic  style  of  rugby.p.s  swap   scrum  halves  today  and   we   would  have  been  in  the   next   round.so  far   our  batley   imports  have  not  added  a  great   deal  to  the   side.rant  over   now   where   is  that  bottle  of   bordeaux  i  bought  to   celebtate with.

Not much in it for me - we made as many breaks as they did during the game for me, and aside from our obvious goal misses, they were more composed near the line and didnt cock up their breaks

Thought our hookers were loads better than theirs but thats about it in terms of who was better for us

Think Hirst is getting some unfair criticism - had to do 60+ mins today due to Bossy and Dale getting injured

Expect a different game next week, they wont be able to throw it about like today on our pitch - i expect a similar scoreline though just not sure which way

I expect some Leigh reshuffles, Higson looks like getting a ban and Ridyard went off injured so who knows

Not our day today - id have taken a defeat today for victory next week

Agree with the backing up its poor , the first game at dewsbury we had forwards turning in the tackle ready to offload on a few occasions near the line and no one there , its still poor after costing us that close game .

No I won't bother same old again rubbish

Are you Daryl Powell/Sean Long/ Ryan Sheridan ?

Mr Fickle

Childish

Why do you say that?

Our pitch is a bit narrower than LSV and on the slope I expect their gameplan to change and to see more play down the middle

Our pitch is a bit narrower than LSV and on the slope I expect their gameplan to change and to see more play down the middle

It's a myth that our pitch is narrow, I'm pretty sure it is (or is very close to) the maximum allowable......

Even so - i still expect them to play more down the middle than out wide and change their gameplan

According to JB, Matty Dale is biggest doubt for next week, dependant upon X-ray to his injured hand. Bostock turned his ankle so might be fit, and Steve Crossley's knee injury is not too serious and he might be back. Two back wouldn't be too bad, but we'd be lost without all three. I wonder whether Haggerty & Barlow would have wreaked the havoc they did in the 2nd half if our props could have had shorter spells?  

An enjoyable cup tie, a good atmosphere and lots of intensity, excitement and thrills. The effort, commitment and determination from our players was excellent: Spears, in particular, outstanding. Leigh looked like a well coached side, with a plan at each play-the-ball, generally well executed, with well-timed forward drives to pull our defence out of shape, then slick work out wide when the gaps appeared. It made our defence look nervous. I thought we looked like a poorly coached side, without a definite plan at the play-the-ball; badly timed forward drives, disorganised half-back play and, although we tried to go wide, ineffective back-line movement. We rarely looked like challenging or disturbing their defence. We have two outstanding wingers who look like spending the entire season with barely a worthwhile pass and situation to work with.

Although we'll win the majority of our easier games, I would thing there are more disappointments to come. I don't see how these players can try any harder, and we look like being a long way from having a fully working, effective attacking structure.

why which one are you ?

It's easy really I'm the one who has his name above his avatar.

Can I just thank you Fev fans for two things

1. A great following that contributed massively to a brilliant atmosphere, before during and post game

2. When the penis ends threw the bottles after the first try, almost to a fan you turned on them and showed your disgust - true fans and my complete respect

There will be two battered teams taking the field next week - I cannot predict a winner.

Our attacking plays yesterday were dismal compared to those of Leigh. We can get away with that against inferior opposition but against decent teams we are found badly wanting. We struggled in this respect last season, but having replaced Finn with Moore, it seems to have got worse. We must have missed six opportunities to score yesterday, whereas Leigh converted most of theirs into points. Our forwards may well be the best forwards in the league, but they can't win games by themselves. Without some strategy, flair and pace in attack, we will not compete against Leigh next week.

Our attacking plays yesterday were dismal compared to those of Leigh. We can get away with that against inferior opposition but against decent teams we are found badly wanting. We struggled in this respect last season, but having replaced Finn with Moore, it seems to have got worse. We must have missed six opportunities to score yesterday, whereas Leigh converted most of theirs into points. Our forwards may well be the best forwards in the league, but they can't win games by themselves. Without some strategy, flair and pace in attack, we will not compete against Leigh next week.

sorry,but i have to disagree about our forwards