Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ckn

UKIPpery

2,032 posts in this topic

I find it slightly amusing that the party most against any move away for the FPTP voting system now might get stung by it. They probably wouldn't be as worried if we had AV. Or even better STV

UKIP hinting at more defections , I'm sure they will be unveiled to cause the most issues for DC . Even a chance of a Labour MP moving over now that would be a surprise. Not sure why a by election has been called. My understanding its down to the Tories if and when they call it , they could just leave it empty till the GE. That would strangle some of the oxygen UKIP defectors enjoy.

They've been hinting at it for weeks, and have had two.  Two tory nut jobs.

They've also been hinting at labour defections to them, I'd be amazed if they get any.

They've been hinting at it for weeks, and have had two.  Two tory nut jobs.

They've also been hinting at labour defections to them, I'd be amazed if they get any.

Two ex-tories but still  nut jobs

It's always nice to receive a missive from the board's expert on absolute nonsense.

true

keep sending them

“I’ve voted Labour all my life and never, ever again,” said one angry woman. “We have been utterly deserted up here. Our properties are worthless, our jobs have been taken by foreigners and they are only interested in what happens down in London.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/02/odd-shorten-ukip-victory-labour-heywood-and-middleton

“I’ve voted Labour all my life and never, ever again,” said one angry woman. “We have been utterly deserted up here. Our properties are worthless, our jobs have been taken by foreigners and they are only interested in what happens down in London.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/02/odd-shorten-ukip-victory-labour-heywood-and-middleton

Middleton is very close to Blackley.

They've been hinting at it for weeks, and have had two. Two tory nut jobs.

If there were more I doubt they would announce them together anyway. This was done because of the Tory conference. And it worked , people are talking about UKIP and its not EU related. One of them may well hold on to his seat.

Links that contain photos of Farage doing an orgasm face should be marked NSFW.

UKIP voter ringing up a radio phone in can't name one of UKIP's policies.

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/ukip-voter-rings-radio-phonein-about-ukip-policies-cant-name-one--gkGeRNjyLg

Whilst I don't have any empirical evidence to back it up, I suspect that a sizeable proportion of UKIP voters are just like this fella.

James O’Brien makes a very good point in asking what UKIP are FOR rather than against. It's all too easy to be anti this and anti that but being positive and saying what you are for takes a little more thought and a lot more doing.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

More hypocrisy from Farrage: UKIP leader Nigel Farage admits mistake after setting up offshore fund to avoid tax

So this is the guy who boasts that he's somehow different and more honest that the the other political elite? Right. :dry:

Story was from June 2013... How has it hit his 'one of the boys' non elitist image?  Zero.

(Again it adds to my 'I don't get it' on how people think he is not part of the Westminster elite.)

And a short read from Hugo Rifkind: Spectator

"But look to the stockbrokers, the hedge-funders, the insurance brokers and the too-Tory-for-the-Tories Tories at the top. Really look at them. Look at them properly. And ask yourself: if this really was all about giving a new voice to the voiceless and finally putting ordinary people in charge… well. Don’t you think they’d run a bloody mile?"

Story was from June 2013... How has it hit his 'one of the boys' non elitist image?  Zero.

(Again it adds to my 'I don't get it' on how people think he is not part of the Westminster elite.)

Most surprising to me is that he's cited as being only 49 at the time that was written.  I'd have thought that he was nearer 60 than 50!

It's quite comical to see the British establishment bending over backwards to try to find ways to discredit UKIP.

Those who have power certainly don't like to let go of it.

It's quite comical to see the British establishment bending over backwards to try to find ways to discredit UKIP.

Really, I think it is heartening. It shows that these ideas and opinions aren't welcome in 21st Century Britain. 

Those who have power certainly don't like to let go of it.

Exactly.

Hence, Ukip.