Sign in to follow this  
ckn

UKIPpery

Thank God the other political parties are honest enough that they don't use actors in their campaigns.

Breath of fresh air, this Ukip lot ...

It is legal to discriminate against companies, including one-man-band personal service companies that most actors use to save money. The BNP could ask for a white, non-disabled man with provable genetic histories and it'd be legal as long as they did it the right way.

The EU directive that prompted Discrimination in Employment legislation specifically exempted actors. So ironically UKIP and other assorted fascists can legally use a white, middle class, male actor with impunity. They really should follow the plot as well as pick up the expenses.

Breath of fresh air, this Ukip lot ...

I didn't say that they were. They certainly aren't my cup of tea, but I don't get the focus on UKIP here, all political parties including the Liberals use actors in their political posters and party political broadcasts. They are all guilty of fabrication. I would like to see a requirement for political ads to contain either people who really are who they are presented as or a "this ad uses actors" warning.

Farage may learn eventually that a closed mouth gathers no feet. :P

Strangely, Farage is really doing nothing wrong with his allowances simply because they're called allowances rather than expenses.  An expense requires an action, be it attendance or purchase or staff payment, an allowance doesn't.  He could claim all allowances allowed while sitting at home completely ignoring his MEP responsibilities and still be complying with all legal rules around those allowances.  Where his problem is though is that he attends about half the EU Parliament sessions that some of the other UKIP MEPs do and just over half that of the UK MEP average, it makes it a bit of a press easy win to show "on this day, you took EU allowances but didn't attend".

The bit that made me chuckle was Farage essentially saying that he'd been saying for years about EU MEP system being open for abuse so why should he be singled out for abusing it? :D  Numpty.

The EU directive that prompted Discrimination in Employment legislation specifically exempted actors. So ironically UKIP and other assorted fascists can legally use a white, middle class, male actor with impunity. They really should follow the plot as well as pick up the expenses.

Don't imagine that the BBC does not use this clause as often as it can. I'm sure it's something to do with "positive role models for the young". But of course it's not fascism when it's in favour of black people.

Don't imagine that the BBC does not use this clause as often as it can. I'm sure it's something to do with "positive role models for the young". But of course it's not fascism when it's in favour of black people.

And yet black people are still underrepresented in the popular media.

But not Children's BBC where they are hugely over-represented.

I hadn't noticed an overrepresentation, but the presence of a multiplicity of cultures on CBBC and CBeebies is great for my multicultural children. Hooray for the BBC! (to paraphrase the Daily Mail)

Also, isn't children's TV the bottom rung of the TV performance ladder? How overrepresented are black people in the upper echelons of the TV hierarchy?

I hadn't noticed an overrepresentation, but the presence of a multiplicity of cultures on CBBC and CBeebies is great for my multicultural children. Hooray for the BBC! (to paraphrase the Daily Mail)

Also, isn't children's TV the bottom rung of the TV performance ladder? How overrepresented are black people in the upper echelons of the TV hierarchy?

So it's okay to favour black people just as long as your kids are happy?

Good to know.

Let's just forget about the "fascists favouring white people", shall we? Your commitment to non-racism seems very selective.

Edited by Northern Sol

Haven't you got young kids? You shouldn't be so flippant about the risk of them becoming black.

Must remember to dismiss black under-representation with such a clever phrase. No need for any black actors in adult TV 'cos you can't catch being white.

Must remember to dismiss black under-representation with such a clever phrase. No need for any black actors in adult TV 'cos you can't catch being white.

Do you actually believe the stuff you post on here or is it an act?

So it's okay to favour black people just as long as your kids are happy?

Good to know.

Let's just forget about the "fascists favouring white people", shall we? Your commitment to non-racism seems very selective.

Not just my kids who thrive and love living in a multicultural Britain. And you certainly don't have to be black to benefit from multiculturalism - for example, have you noticed the sort of music all the kids are listening to these days? Lol!

If you really do believe the stuff you write on here, it's becoming increasingly obvious where you are coming from!

And yet black people are still underrepresented in the popular media.

I don't have an issue with having black people represented in the popular media (whatever that is) and actually feel uncomfortable saying this but black people are actually in the minority so they obviously do have a smaller representation. There are very few working class in positions of influence too. ...it will take years for things to change. Sticking a number of black people in various positions simply to have token representation is not the way to go.

Do you actually believe the stuff you post on here or is it an act?

You actually did trivialise anti-white discrimination, just one post ago, I hardly made it up.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Not just my kids who thrive and love living in a multicultural Britain. And you certainly don't have to be black to benefit from multiculturalism - for example, have you noticed the sort of music all the kids are listening to these days? Lol!

If you really do believe the stuff you write on here, it's becoming increasingly obvious where you are coming from!

Oh yeah, the not-so subtle "you are a racist" line despite it being me arguing that race should not be a factor in getting a job.

As for kids listening to black music, it's been that way since the 60s arguably before that if you include the jazz age, I don't recall hearing about "positive discrimination" back then.

Haven't you got young kids? You shouldn't be so flippant about the risk of them becoming black.

This is the current CBeebies presenting team:

presenters_slide_main_01.jpg

I hadn't noticed an overrepresentation,

It's because it doesn't exist.  I can't think of a CBeebies programme led by a black character and I think the only black presenter is Sid and he's not on the main rotation now.  David of Carrie & David's Pop Shop is black.  One of the annoying programmes - something smile? - had an Indian-y female presenter.

Clearly my viewing is wrong though because apparently the ethnics are massively over-represented here.

Oh yeah, the not-so subtle "you are a racist" line despite it being me arguing that race should not be a factor in getting a job.

As for kids listening to black music, it's been that way since the 60s arguably before that if you include the jazz age, I don't recall hearing about "positive discrimination" back then.

Yeah it makes me laugh people trying to make out that black music is suddenly having an influence on wider music. Because soul Motown reggae, ska etc are so new.

But what passes for popular music these days is largely influenced by black US rap/hip hop - and it's mostly garbage in my view, whereas the older stuff is brilliant.

This is the current CBeebies presenting team:

presenters_slide_main_01.jpg

I hope this is an accurate representation if the UK population, 3 young and attractive women to tow men,

And the percentage is falling.

Yes. Can't see us having a PM that wasn't privately educated for some time.

It's because it doesn't exist.  I can't think of a CBeebies programme led by a black character and I think the only black presenter is Sid and he's not on the main rotation now.  David of Carrie & David's Pop Shop is black.  One of the annoying programmes - something smile? - had an Indian-y female presenter.

Clearly my viewing is wrong though because apparently the ethnics are massively over-represented here.

You aren't trying hard enough. The Story Tellers programme has had six different presenters. Every one was black.