Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ckn

UKIPpery

2,076 posts in this topic

“The Labour Party is only for Labour, the Conservatives are only for rich people but UKIP is for the whole of Britain.”

Again I just don't get it.  UKIP is the party of self interested millionaires, the right of the Tories.  People who wont vote Tory, happily vote UKIP?

UKIP is the party of the likes of Lord Monckton (google him!).

talk about an uncle tom

does this moron not know what he is doing?

To call someone an Uncle Tom is a form of racist abuse.

I think you should reconsider your post.

It's offensive, and I'm sure you didn't think through what you were posting.

To call someone an Uncle Tom is a form of racist abuse.

I think you should reconsider your post.

It's offensive, and I'm sure you didn't think through what you were posting.

it can be, but not necessarily. It's certainly a term of abuse: It's a context thing. But in the interest of keeping the discussion on track I will act accordingly HTH. I look forward to your intervention on these matters in future.

it can be, but not necessarily. It's certainly a term of abuse: It's a context thing. But in the interest of keeping the discussion on track I will act accordingly HTH. I look forward to your intervention on these matters in future.

I agree, in this context it is certainly appropriate and not a racial slur. Looks like Martyn had a mild case of the Godfrey Blooms there.

Edited by Severus

I agree, in this context it is certainly appropriate and not a racial slur. Looks like Martyn had a mild case of the Godfrey Blooms there.

It's actually a racial slur and a dog-whistle to the target of the insult to get back into his allocated place.

I'm surprised you want to stand up for that sort of attitude.

I'm not quite sure what Godfrey Bloom has to do with it.

Well Martyn I look forward to an increased clampdown on racism on this message board.  

FWIW I don't think it's a racial slur at all, more like the cat call of "working class tories".  

It's actually a racial slur and a dog-whistle to the target of the insult to get back into his allocated place.

it isn't that at all.

Martyn I deleted it.

Perhaps I come from a different time. My knowledge of the character Unlce Tom is from the novel, I haven't heard being used as a racial slur.

My Godfrey Bloom reference was to someone who is quick to accuse others of racism when it is unwarranted.

Well Martyn I look forward to an increased clampdown on racism on this message board.  

FWIW I don't think it's a racial slur at all, more like the cat call of "working class tories".  

It's not a racial slur.  It is an insult often used with regards to race but that's fundamentally different.

Have I got this straight?

The right-ons think its okay to make racist remarks so long as the target is voting UKIP?

Nope.  The target of the insult is usually being used as a 'useful idiot' or cover for policies and actions that overall do down people of their kind.

For example, Louis Armstrong once angrily denied that he was an Uncle Tom.  He wasn't referring to anyone having a go at his colour just that his appearances on stage in clubs in which non-performing blacks were banned led to accusations that he was being used (willingly or otherwise) to maintain a system that was unfair against black people.

The right-ons think its okay to make racist remarks so long as the target is voting UKIP?

It's not a racist remark.

And nobody has been right on since The Young Ones.

It's not a racial slur.  It is an insult often used with regards to race but that's fundamentally different.

exactly

oddly Martyn didn't pick up on the context and style of Mike Read's calypso, or UKIP's new friend in the European parliament.

as ever you haven't got it straight. Who are these 'right in's' you refer to anyway?

Nope.  The target of the insult is usually being used as a 'useful idiot' or cover for policies and actions that overall do down people of their kind.

For example, Louis Armstrong once angrily denied that he was an Uncle Tom.  He wasn't referring to anyone having a go at his colour just that his appearances on stage in clubs in which non-performing blacks were banned led to accusations that he was being used (willingly or otherwise) to maintain a system that was unfair against black people.

exactly

It's not a racist remark.

And nobody has been right on since The Young Ones.

If only that was true.

If only that was true.

Only 27 pages but I'm pleased that we're now finding out who the true victims of our society are.

Don't worry, the millionaire, gravy-train riding, city dealing, public-schoolboy will save you.  He likes a pint.

Who are these 'right in's' you refer to anyway?

Search me. If you don't know either, it doesn't surprise me.

Anyway, I'm sure we're all very pleased that Ukip, who are not, repeat not, like other political parties, have done a political stitch up to get their European funding back.  They've recruited a Polish MEP whose views on race are too extreme for the French Front National (and who, by the by, believes the Holocaust didn't happen and refers to blacks as niggers) so they can go back to the required quota for funding.  There are rumours that the Polish MEP's own party (whose other 2 MEPs have, oddly, not joined Ukip's moderate nutter group) have been promised some sweeteners in return.

Incidentally, I hope Martyn is going to write this Polish gentleman a very stern letter about using racist language.  We all know how inappropriate it is.

Search me. If you don't know either, it doesn't surprise me.

search you? Why should I it's you that's putting the label on people. So who are they?