Sign in to follow this  
ckn

UKIPpery

Just now, Oxford said:

My memory of both of those was people voting to give a woman a chance and voting for change because they were fed up with the Tories when it came to Blair.

Was Thatcher an electoral asset in 1979?

May I ask how old you were then?

3 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Was Thatcher an electoral asset in 1979?

May I ask how old you were then?

When Margaret Thatcher deposed Heath, some senior Labour party members celebrated. That's a severe case of getting it wrong. :D 

• Haha 2

I don't remember anyone voting for Thatcher because she was a woman. Gender discrimination wasn't such a significant factor back then. People voted for her because she offered a certainty that had been lacking. She was the "Iron Lady", not for turning. This was a refreshing change after the ditherings of McMillan, Douglas-Home, Wilson (the later years), Callaghan and Heath.

I voted for her in 79 (?). Sorry.

22 hours ago, ckn said:

That bloody vote to leave has derailed his gravy train for life plans, then to make it worse he's been caught fiddling by the ones tht supposedly allow all this fiddling.

9 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Bolton on the way out after his extra marital activities?

(plus her views on the future Princess)

Making way for the return of Farage?  The man is harder to get rid of than herpes. 

Cameron's "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists" summary of UKIP has stood up well to the passage of time hasn't it.

Shame he invested so much in pandering to them.

• Like 4

If you're a bloke in your mid-fifties starting a relationship with a twenty-something "glamour" model after dumping your third wife (a Dane & 2 Russians, oddly enough), I'd imagine "has she previously posted anything dodgy on social media" isn't high on your list of things to check out about her?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonM said:

If you're a bloke in your mid-fifties starting a relationship with a twenty-something "glamour" model after dumping your third wife (a Dane & 2 Russians, oddly enough), I'd imagine "has she previously posted anything dodgy on social media" isn't high on your list of things to check out about her?

Yep.  Although she's not exactly what you'd call Grace Kelly beautiful, she's certainly WAY out of his normal league.  It's more like a pub rugby team getting a first minute try against Wigan.

You have to respect his openness though, most politicians are happy to have the behind-the-scenes fling with women way out of their league while keeping the family stability there.  He jumped straight in with "get thee gone woman" to his wife and in with the young woman.

1 minute ago, ckn said:

Yep.  Although she's not exactly what you'd call Grace Kelly beautiful, she's certainly WAY out of his normal league.  It's more like a pub rugby team getting a first minute try against Wigan.

You have to respect his openness though, most politicians are happy to have the behind-the-scenes fling with women way out of their league while keeping the family stability there.  He jumped straight in with "get thee gone woman" to his wife and in with the young woman.

His wife has just had a child. He's a sh*t in the first degree.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ckn said:

"Back of the Net" as Partridge once said. Although Partridge's wife did leave him for a fitness instructor so I definitely have more sympathy for him.

12 minutes ago, tim2 said:

His wife has just had a child. He's a sh*t in the first degree.

No doubting he is a thwaite of the highest order, he is leader of the Kippers though so it comes with the job and is probably a core part of the job description.

20 minutes ago, tim2 said:

"Back of the Net" as Partridge once said. Although Partridge's wife did leave him for a fitness instructor so I definitely have more sympathy for him.

the narcissistic sports pimp!

On 1/15/2018 at 11:35 AM, JonM said:

Bolton is something of a wanderer.

• Like 2