Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weloveyouwakefield2

BBC coverage

56 posts in this topic

To be honest, I think the broadcasters in general just dumb down to the lowest common denominator and assume we all have the attention span of a gnat on speed. Remember those pre-match interviews on Sky a few years back, with the camera operator walking around the person being interviewed and giving us close ups of a moustache at a silly angle or up some players nose? It's not what I got HD for, and that is a fact. The latest Beeb idea of having news presenters wandering about in front of a big graphic board is just another branch of the same condition.To quote a friend of mine - "it does my head in"..

I prefer Sky's coverage, far more professional and you can here the crowd a lot more than on the Beeb. I don't like those weird half time interviews they do either, it comes across as amateur not professional sport. The only problem I have is, Sky tend to call the sport 'Super League' rather than rugby league. 

Stevo constantly calls the game, "rugby league football", which is another of my pet hates; plain, "rugby", would suffice in 99% of cases.

mark chapman fine with brian noble but robbie paul walkabout is poor.

eddie talks far too much in commentary drives me nuts. 

Is that his name these days?

If it wasn't for the BBC the only RL on tv would be on subscription channels. The game needs Sky's money but it equally needs the exposure that only the Beeb can give. Yes there are other free-to-air channels but none would get the same viewing figures we get on the Beeb.

If the BBC would pay the same as Sky (I know it's not going to happen) it would be BBC all the way! Exposure will grow the game!

If it wasn't for the BBC the only RL on tv would be on subscription channels. The game needs Sky's money but it equally needs the exposure that only the Beeb can give. Yes there are other free-to-air channels but none would get the same viewing figures we get on the Beeb.

If the BBC would pay the same as Sky (I know it's not going to happen) it would be BBC all the way! Exposure will grow the game!

Yes but RL has had BBC exposure for decades and it now has reduced viewership. Is 6 to 7 games per year with no momentum combined with a lack of ambition and intent behind the productions "exposure"? Perhaps it is but it certainly is not advertisement.