Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hate the rec

Just a very large "Thank You"

108 posts in this topic

Well as I sit on my DFS sofa eating a large bowl of Tripe, I have a very large smile on my face, wonder who said something along them lines not to long ago!!

Haven only beat us last week as we where rubbish, we are both set for the drop and the sooner folk realise that the better!! todays crowd 621 this after beating us and playing great rugby ;)  and signing the great Brett Seymour !!! what does that tell the RFL. Cumbrian sport has never been as good, CUFC about to drop down, Reds down, Barrrrra  Town , and the Shaven at the foot of the table, plenty for our young fans to be proud off!!!!!

Hope you enjoy your day Mrs R.

Nilled at home? Surely this can't be true can it?

We were all bitter last week when we were saying we were two bad teams.

I text a lad who I work with today to ask how the new messiah played and his reply was " he's a good tackler". So not all bad then!

I will be honest and say I expected Haven to win at home. Woods must surely be nearing the exit door as I was told today that they were absolutely shocking and some players didn't try or even bother looking like they were having a go. If you can't motivate your team as a coach then you ain't doing your job. Anyone care to summarise what are they saying on deludedfans.com??

I still think we can turn it around if a couple of players come our way but they have rolled their dice now Seymour is in, and there is an awful lot of pressure on the poor lads shoulders to carry the team through. Especially if Woods isn't doing his job.

The silly old bat! lol. Just goes to show you can always tell an American, but you can't tell em much!

So, Cumbria Super League team......is it on or is everyone just going to sit and watch the area sink further into the pit of it's currently in?

Trouble is a merged west Cumbrian team would have to earn promotion to superleague and at present if you had the choice of both sets of players they would still fall a long way short of that level.

The silly old bat! lol. Just goes to show you can always tell an American, but you can't tell em much!

So, Cumbria Super League team......is it on or is everyone just going to sit and watch the area sink further into the pit of ###### it's currently in?

There's  only one answer to that Monkeydo, and that's merger and sooner the better, both teams are a shower of _hite,

"Super League"  who is going to put up the money ? 600 spectators at Haven 400 at Town you certainly can't run a S/L set up on that support, the RLFC will not throw away good money investing in low supported clubs.

World cup games were only well supported due to majority of people getting free or discounted cheap prices, also Allerdale B.C marketed the games really well, with events and entertainment prior and after the games. 

No , I'm sorry , the WC games were well attended because it was a once in a decade ( at least ) chance to see top quality rugby and top notch NRL talent . It was a WC in our own town on our own pitch . I'd have paid top whack to watch that whole experience , and so would many others . I didn't hear many say they went because it was on the cheap ... Some Haven fans need to get over their bitterness on the subject . The games , the occasions and players on show sold themselves . I must have missed out on all those free tickets about ?

Well I got my 2 tickets for half price so they where on the cheap well mine where anyhow

The use of the term ' only well supported ' due to folk getting handouts and deals was ridiculous . The matches never got a mention . People will watch good quality rugby with good backing and promotion - especially in an area starved of it for far to long . I think there's only one avenue towards getting there nowadays . The clubs are treading water and to much of that leads to sinking

to be fair i couldn,t believe the amount that went to the 2 games i thought 4-5 thousand at the most i remember going to a world cup game i think it was 2000 tonga where playing at DP and the crowd was nowhere near this years figures

"Super League" who is going to put up the money ? 600 spectators at Haven 400 at Town you certainly can't run a S/L set up on that support, the RLFC will not throw away good money investing in low supported clubs.

World cup games were only well supported due to majority of people getting free or discounted cheap prices, also Allerdale B.C marketed the games really well, with events and entertainment prior and after the games.

Granted it was marketed well but the rest is a load of rubbish. There'd be far more than 1,000 IF the team was competitive, there'd be more RFL money, more sponsorship and less cost, and to say the RLFC whoever they are assuming you mean the RFL won't throw money away look to london, wales and France for the answer to that!

Well I got my 2 tickets for half price so they where on the cheap well mine where anyhow

Wasn't it buy one ticket and get the second one at half price? I'm sure that is what is was when I bought mine.

Who in their right mind thinks that a SL team in west Cumbria would only get the crowd that goes to both clubs now? We currently have 2 very poor Championship clubs that people can't see progressing under their own steam to the top of the Championship let alone SL and they have voted with their feet. Both clubs are trying to finish in the top 9 to get around £150k next season instead of £75k in the lower league but a team in SL1 will be looking at about £1.7 million from central funds. Now in anybody's language that's a tidy sum to build a team with!!!

Granted it was marketed well but the rest is a load of rubbish. There'd be far more than 1,000 IF the team was competitive, there'd be more RFL money, more sponsorship and less cost, and to say the RLFC whoever they are assuming you mean the RFL won't throw money away look to london, wales and France for the answer to that!

You don't need to go that far just look who holds the lease to the Rec!!!

If/ when SL Cumbria goes belly up, what will we be left with - amateur rugby and you never know the main teams could be the likes of Wath Brow, Egremont, etc who are well run teams and not a million miles away regarding support. If the merger goes ahead the stadium has to be based in a town and not a white elephant at Lillyhall.

I would think the planning would include a feasibility study into maintaining the clubs as part of the franchise . You need a structure for players and development . A SL team would be an elite . There'd be many players left , and what an incentive having a SL team on your doorstep and being in that system . Adding an elite tier shouldn't automatically mean ripping up everything that exists if the player pool is here But we're way down the line ! It's hard to envisage anything happening anytime soon .

If/ when SL Cumbria goes belly up, what will we be left with - amateur rugby and you never know the main teams could be the likes of Wath Brow, Egremont, etc who are well run teams and not a million miles away regarding support. If the merger goes ahead the stadium has to be based in a town and not a white elephant at Lillyhall.

neither set of fans will support a SL team in the oppisite town and DP and the rec aren't SL standard.to be successful the team needs the support of BOTH towns fan bases.Why do you say a stadium at lillyhall would be a white elephant???

neither set of fans will support a SL team in the oppisite town and DP and the rec aren't SL standard.to be successful the team needs the support of BOTH towns fan bases.Why do you say a stadium at lillyhall would be a white elephant???

Just my opinion, can' t see beyond an out of town concrete monstrosity, which will be under used and go belly up like Darlington AFC's new stadium that also lacked the support base. What will it cost to support a new stadium out of town regarding season tickets, admission on top of forking out for travel, refreshment, etc.

Picture it Friday night just finished work sun splitting trees , off too Cumbria vrs Wigan few pints deffo get 3 to 4 thousand easy

How do you get to DP now town blue? And what do you do for refreshments now?

You might be one of the lucky ones that can just walk to the ground in 5 or 10 minutes but a large majority travel to the ground from further away and whatever refreshments you have now should be easily available in a brand new stadium with the profits staying with the club not an outside body.

Do you know in Brisbane on match days if you have bought your ticket in advance you can just jump on a bus, show your match ticket and get a free ride to the ground or nearby. Surely it is not beyond our abilities to come up with such a scheme from both towns!!!!

Just my opinion, can' t see beyond an out of town concrete monstrosity, which will be under used and go belly up like Darlington AFC's new stadium that also lacked the support base. What will it cost to support a new stadium out of town regarding season tickets, admission on top of forking out for travel, refreshment, etc.

its lillyhall not london. Transport links to both towns by road are easily accessible. Large open spaces for a site plus car parking etc . season tickets and refreshments would probably be the same prices as other SL clubs. Park and rides could be an option from each town if fans want to have a drink.

Stated in my post, jusy my opinion and you never know a deal maybe struck up with the Transport Heritage people to organise cheap transport (lol). All I care about is the here and now and how we will shock Halifax on Sunday. UP THE TOWN.

Seems like one more has jumped ship at haven, it says on their site that Chris Smith has had enough, at this rate they wont have a team left, don't do out daft coach Woods, don't let them beat you, you are doing a great job, keep it up :biggrin: