Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldrover

club statement

49 posts in this topic

Well done Fev, but personally I would name and shame these idiots. I feel all clubs do not do enough to get tough on the one or two morons that bring shame on us, our clubs and game.

Get it into perspective theyv been banned for 3 years for gods sake, do you want them nailing to a cross, do you want them sacking from there jobs as well, as may happen if named. good god man there are players out there that have stuck glasses in peoples faces and been to jail, there are x players that are convicted rapists not getting as hard a time as these 3. Theyv done wrong been banned for 3 years that is enough. Iv even read people saying life bans im glad im not suffering at 46 for something stupid i may have done at 17. Clubs fans seem to have no problem signing players that have done much worse and been convicted not only are they not banned in some cases there welcome with open arms. UNBELIEVABLE

Good job hanging is no longer available suggy .

There are all sorts of legal issues with naming publicly so why give some no win no fee parasite the opportunity

It's done now, nobody got hurt and it's time to move on and look forward to Sunday

The 6 coaches are virtually filled and at least 3 mini buses from pubs in Leigh will be on their way for a good Craic with all our friends at Fev - so lets not let the pratts spoil it for the vast majority of folk who love what RL is all about

Good job hanging is no longer available suggy .

It is mate, amazes me. Leon Pryce smashed a glass into a mans face causing 48 stitches, he was also in court for threatening behaviour with his mate Stuart reardon, Chev Walker and Ryan Bailey I believe were both jailed for city centre brawls as well

Have a look at this one as well http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1357440/Rugby-league-player-Greg-Johnson-arrested-glassing-bride-be.html disgust me this, I do believe he his back playing and they never received any bans from there clubs and in Pryce and Baileys case go onto play for England. The 3 have done wrong and got banned for 3 years that is punishment enough for me

Thats disgusting mate , theres a lot more as well in the game , yeh the 3 young lads have been stupid an the club have dealt with it quickly and punished fairly and accordingley in my opinion , only know one of the lads and know 3 year with no fev games will kill him the silly lad , hel get plenty of grief off his dad as well mate .

If we don't know who there are how is the ban going to policed, even more so at away games.

If we don't know who there are how is the ban going to policed, even more so at away games.

Also the stewerds will have to know also so they can keep an eye out for the perpetrators at home games

Been told tonight at the fans forum that the RFL were informed by Fev of everything and they are very happy how the club have handled the whole situation and the outcome.

The stewards will be issued with photos of the perpetrators

Been told tonight at the fans forum that the RFL were informed by Fev of everything and they are very happy how the club have handled the whole situation and the outcome.

The stewards will be issued with photos of the perpetrators

Will they also have a photo of Ryan Brierley?  ;)

Will they also have a photo of Ryan Brierley? ;)

Haha they've got an oil painting of him :-)

Glad to see the club have dealt with the daft cowards but don 't get this rule not to name them . We had an incident last season where banning orders were given and they were named shamed and pictures handed to the media same thing happens at the football it's a good deterrent.

Glad to see the club have dealt with the daft cowards but don 't get this rule not to name them . We had an incident last season where banning orders were given and they were named shamed and pictures handed to the media same thing happens at the football it's a good deterrent.

Yes I remember reading that, think it was the same person who had a go with my Sister in the Conny club, and also hit someone who was in their too and hospitalised them

As a Leigh fan I was totally appalled by the throwing of the bottles. What I would say now all the fuss has died down is that we all at sometime have done something stupid after a drink. Because no one was injured I would like Fev to take into consideration the culprits previous behaviour. If it has been consistently out of order then ban them forever. If it is a one off then ban them for the rest of the season. Don't Sin Die them yet. Everyone deserves a second chance.

I noticed Brierley kept himself  well away from the action today until Leigh got on top. I also noticed that when he eventually scored, he didn't throw the ball into the crowd as he says on Twitter is his habit.

May be Learnt his lesson but still an excellent player who I would love in a blue and white shirt

I noticed Brierley kept himself  well away from the action today until Leigh got on top. I also noticed that when he eventually scored, he didn't throw the ball into the crowd as he says on Twitter is his habit.

Fev's game plan involved getting in his face, which created space around him, a case in point was the ball to Haggerty which led to the McNally try which imo won the game. Great head to pop over the DG and mean the bonus point was dead too. Then you have his instinct and pace for his try.

You targeted him in defence and he stood up brilliantly, a quiet word in his hear about his responsibilities probably stopped him throwing the ball as he normally does - he will carry on when its to the Leigh fans though.

You put a lot of pressure on your players with the alleged £750 win bonus yesterday, was that a reaction to someone on here saying there was a poor bonus on offer for the CC game?

sweaty.... Brierley is great at backing up and being on someones shoulder....he is not creative in any way, his passing is poor,(probably because he rarely passes the ball) his defence is also poor and that is why he is not playing SL.....If you lost ridyard & Beswick for any period of time you would rudderless and be in real trouble if you were relying on brierley.

I think Brierley would have more of a chance of playing in SL as a full back but not HB.

I remember all the hype about another skinny little runt of a 'half back' playing for whitehaven a few years ago, who scored a hat trick on debut on sky and all of a sudden every SL club wanted to sign him.....huddersfield won the race and signed him.

They soon realised that he was nowhere near a SL quality half back and he played for their academy for 3 seasons.....he then moved to Leigh - as a full back.

..........................and Featherstone have Gareth Moore.

Brierley is a good player, full stop

I have to respectfully disagree there. His 40-20 came at a crucial stage in the game and his defence (an issue in the past) was outstanding. I'm confused by all the negativity towards him as I can honestly say he is one of the nicest lads you will ever meet.

I have to respectfully disagree there. His 40-20 came at a crucial stage in the game and his defence (an issue in the past) was outstanding. I'm confused by all the negativity towards him as I can honestly say he is one of the nicest lads you will ever meet.

I agree with you G.O. Ryan is a very nice, level-headed, humble guy. Like all youngsters, he will make mistakes, but he will also learn from them. By his own admission, he has a lot to learn about the sport, but he's also got many outstanding attributes. I wonder if there's a club in the Championship who wouldn't like to have him? ;)

Besides his try, drop goal, and 40-20, Brierley also created the space for Pitman to score, and wasn't he the one who darted into the line on his own 20 to release Haggerty on his 40m run to put McNally in? He was much more than a finisher on Sunday. 

Besides his try, drop goal, and 40-20, Brierley also created the space for Pitman to score, and wasn't he the one who darted into the line on his own 20 to release Haggerty on his 40m run to put McNally in? He was much more than a finisher on Sunday.

Spot on Steve, you guys have a great squad and after your efforts in recent years deserve to be in the two, it's all to play for still but I still can't get my head around losing Powell last year