Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

04/05/14 - Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

49 posts in this topic

Discuss all this weekend's games here:

Sunday 4th May

Kingstone Press Championship

Batley Bulldogs v Whitehaven KO 2pm  
North Wales Crusaders v Sheffield Eagles KO 2.30pm  
Doncaster v Barrow Raiders KO 3pm  
Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 3pm
Keighley Cougars v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm
Rochdale Hornets v Swinton Lions KO 3pm
Workington Town v Halifax KO 3pm

As a Town fan all I have to say about this weekends game against Halifax is oh no, oh no oh no oh no.

Keighley need to win this one badly to keep out of the bottom five. Dewsbury are a form team though so it will not be easy.

Massive games for Fev both this week and next. Make or break.

It's going to be interesting to see if the Crusaders can repeat last week's performance on Sunday - if they do there might be a suprise on the cards!

I'll be at the top of the table clash, but the greater Manchester derby could be a belter. Two sides I thought were certain to come bottom of the pile preseason, but instead are both putting up huge fights to avoid relegation. A couple of 6 pointers this week.

We haven't played Swinton since their promotion season. A must win for us, and the same for the Lions.

Hopefully we will continue our good form from Good Friday.Wayne English who is better than ever plays his 100th game for Hornets, after 10 years at Swinton.

Should be a cracker,Paul Crook v Ian Watson, bring it on!!!

Fev v Leigh will be a humdinger in front of a big gate, Fev will start favourites but it's anyone's game

We haven't played Swinton since their promotion season. A must win for us, and the same for the Lions.

Hopefully we will continue our good form from Good Friday.Wayne English who is better than ever plays his 100th game for Hornets, after 10 years at Swinton.

Wayne English is a fantastic player

A true enyertainer and a fabulous servant at Swinton and now Rochdale. Im sure the Lions fans will give him a warm reception.

We haven't played Swinton since their promotion season. A must win for us, and the same for the Lions.

Fanblog Match Preview>> here http://theseladscanrunfor80mins.blogspot.co.uk/

Fev v Leigh will be a humdinger in front of a big gate, Fev will start favourites but it's anyone's game

I think it will be settled by goal kicks, trouble is Fev seem to score 80% of their tries in the corners.

Four a piece here at the Big Fellas. Two great teams, two great sets of the supporters and one hell of a game to entertain them.

good to see Haven win after last week's apparent shambles.

Back from a depressing afternoon at the Racecourse watching the Crusaders get hammered by Sheffield, who are good but not that good. A truly abysmal performance by the home side and the club now need to take a long hard look at what they need to do. The gates are now slipping (only 785 today) and with two 'on the road' games coming up in June while the pitch is completely renovated (part paid for by the RFL, apparently!) a drastic turnaround is needed to keep a lot of them. I know that this statement will amount to heresy in some quarters, but I'd start by dispensing with the services of Clive Griffiths and John Fieldhouse and put (say) Stuart Reardon in tempory charge of the team while something permanent is sorted out.

Good win for Rochdale Hornets today to cap Wayne English's 100th game for the club. All Hornets in the first half for a 22-0 lead. Swinton finally got into gear in the 2nd and brought it back to within six before a late try and a drop goal sealed it for Rochdale. 800+ crowd and a pretty good atmosphere throughout.

Sheffield were faster and much, much stronger. I think something is not right at Crusaders as well, but they are my team and I will stick with them. Are you a Crusaders fan Chronicler of Chiswick and what point are you trying to make in pointing out that the pitch upgrade will be , apparently, part funded by the RFL?

Leigh battered Fev today, and I didn't expect that. The next few weeks Leigh play Dewsbury and Sheffield away, Fax and Donny at home - the CC QF is a distraction we dont need with the importance of top 2. After those 4 games we could be back in the pack or romping away with it. 

Big noisy support for Leigh as well today, that snowball is well and truly rolling

Surprised by fax, pretty average with very little creativity. Towns much smaller pack contained them very well and our back line created quite a few chances. Faxs kicking game was also very poor, didn't really make use of the wind in the 2nd half at all. Town were much better a round after 2 weeks training with vievers, much quicker line speed and more use of the back line.

Cracking local derby at Spotland yesterday as Hornets hoisted themselves to 9th in the Championship.

Fanblog match report here http://theseladscanrunfor80mins.blogspot.co.uk/

Thought Rochdale were doomed after the first few games but they are really growing now. Would be awesome for them to make next year's Championship.