Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

old big red

the coach

215 posts in this topic

By all accounts the deed has been done - Justin Morgan with Longy and Dickens as one of the many assistants please

If you mean Sean Long, well then I think Sean doesn't need that kind of pressure at the moment. Hope I'm wrong because he has a marvellous Rugby brain, however you may have meant Gordy, in which case I'm then talking irrelevant b0lox fir a change.

Justin Morgan would be ideal; He would bring the players back together; Would be far more respected by the fans in a typical Powell style; Yes and keep Gordy Long and Danny Evans;

no to noble , Justin Morgan bring him on, hes the type we need to motivate the players, we can grab second spot also win the play offs 

I've no idea what coach we need but one thing is clear it's not Bastian he is killing this club sorry to say

Wish little rob burrows would come as player/coach

We definitely need a change. I think thatJustin Morgan would be a good shout but I think the main thing is that we start putting something in place ASAP.

IMO there are not enough good coaches to go around. We come across the same old names

IMO there are not enough good coaches to choose from. Just because a first team is doing well, we automatically assume that staff at the lower end of the club ladder will slot into a coaches job. Not so

That is why we have so many ex-coaches appearing as "pundits" for Sky. I can honestly state that I cannot think of anyone, at this moment in time who would have my vote as a replacement.

I think the Jimmy Lowes suggestion bears a little more examination.  He is a 100% man, he was the heart and soul of the great early noughties Bulls side.

whilst I am as frustrated as everyone else about the situation and the constant chopping and changing, being still third and having only played 9 games, I think he has to be given more time because I still feel that we will be there or there abouts at the business end.

After the sheffield game we have what you would say should be a number of 'easier' games, whilst Leigh have some tougher games. I think over the next month or so things might be a bit different. Leigh have some tough games coming up against Doncaster, dewsbury, sheffield and workington (3 of them being away) and then Have Leeds in the Cup followed by a midweek game against a fresh halifax side......

Bob a quick midweek trip away to manly ,in there an we might catch em ha ha

Whilst agreeing with most people's idea to remove Bastian, can anyone explain to me how so many players are not performing, we don't look to have any idea in attack other than the round the back move and we cannot seem to breach the defensive line in the forwards to give the half backs a chance to play on the front foot.

Maybe the coach as he has obviously lost the dressing room, but there are some players who need to step up too! 

If there picking and choosing who they play for and not the shirt , they should go too .

I don't believe that the two defeats by Leigh warrant such criticism of Bastion. Leigh are nothing special, and without the loss of two props last week we would probably have beaten them, despite our lack of idea in attack. This week we were never in with a chance with the team that we fielded.

Bastion is, without a doubt, doing the best job he can. Unfortunately the Board has to accept responsibility yet again, on this occasion for appointing a coach untried and untested at this level and who will not have experienced the level of pressure that will surely be upon him at Featherstone.

There is still time to recover from this if the Board help Bastion to deal with the pressure, and help him win the respect of his players, otherwise they will have to replace him with a suitably experienced coach in whom they will have confidence and who they will be prepared to allow to do his job without interference.

I don't believe that the two defeats by Leigh warrant such criticism of Bastion. Leigh are nothing special, and without the loss of two props last week we would probably have beaten them, despite our lack of idea in attack. This week we were never in with a chance with the team that we fielded.

Bastion is, without a doubt, doing the best job he can. Unfortunately the Board has to accept responsibility yet again, on this occasion for appointing a coach untried and untested at this level and who will not have experienced the level of pressure that will surely be upon him at Featherstone.

There is still time to recover from this if the Board help Bastion to deal with the pressure, and help him win the respect of his players, otherwise they will have to replace him with a suitably experienced coach in whom they will have confidence and who they will be prepared to allow to do his job without interference.

personally taking away the emotion of losing against Leigh the last two games I think it is a ridiculous knee jerk reaction from Campbell or whoever and we are now in the hands of who's left and with all due respect they dont have the CV's either....

tony rea has left London maybe Rovers Bound?

official on the club site now.........absolutely ridiculous really

Players have been over training, this is why they are under performing because they are shattered. Also, you can expect unrest when the bloody team is changing every week! Stick to a set of players and give them a chance to mold will somebody please do this.

Example, have you seen our under20's side? You need to because they have a 100% team chemistry rating in my opinion. They all work together like they have been in same squad for years. I watch them all the time now because they are superb.

Knocking up wins like 46, 82 and 94 seems like under 20's need more of a challenge.

I've just heard Michelle McManus signing.

Just corrected your spelling mistake

If there picking and choosing who they play for and not the shirt , they should go too .

I agree mate, some of those players arnt blameless in all this

JB has shown more class than anyone in all this