Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

old big red

the coach

215 posts in this topic

tony rea has left London maybe Rovers Bound?

I have already lost the will to live.Dont let us make a panic decision. Leave it to Gordy Long for the time being.To be honest, I cannot see anyone fighting for the job at the moment.

I have already lost the will to live.Dont let us make a panic decision. Leave it to Gordy Long for the time being.To be honest, I cannot see anyone fighting for the job at the moment.

It's Danny Evans in charge not Gordy Long

Danny has had a fantastic apprenticeship and I am sure more than capable, but i would hate to see him given the same treatment as our last 3 coaches.

In my humble opinion, whoever gets the nod should be a half back or be assisted by a half back, all successful sides ( especially attractive sides) seem somewhere to have a half back either at the helm or thereabouts in the coaching system.

What's Lee Briers doing?

Vive le Fevolution !

I'm afraid it was inevitable for JB,the results were heading south and the abject performance yesterday was well short of

the standard which is expected and deserved,I also think a few players need to be having a long hard look at themselves but they may shake themselves up under a new regime,I also think JB give it his best shot and unfortunately its not worked

out.

As for the new coach,I think Sean Long has too many personal demons at this point in time,I hope it's not a journeyman meal ticket Aussie coming in but it needs to be someone with real experience,looking at previous comments not many seem to

fancy Brian Noble,personally I wouldn't be looking much further than him but I guess all will be revealed tomorrow.

Forza Fev

i doubt that any coach will be named tomorrow. hardly announce Danny Evans in charge if it was only going to be for a day !!

Yeah you're probably right,I just get the feeling somethings being going on behind the scenes and the conversations have

already being had in anticipation of this announcement.

Forza Fev

Vive le Fevolution !

I'm afraid it was inevitable for JB,the results were heading south and the abject performance yesterday was well short of

the standard which is expected and deserved,I also think a few players need to be having a long hard look at themselves but they may shake themselves up under a new regime,I also think JB give it his best shot and unfortunately its not worked

out.

As for the new coach,I think Sean Long has too many personal demons at this point in time,I hope it's not a journeyman meal ticket Aussie coming in but it needs to be someone with real experience,looking at previous comments not many seem to

fancy Brian Noble,personally I wouldn't be looking much further than him but I guess all will be revealed tomorrow.

Forza Fev

Noble would set the club back years. His success at Bradford came on the back of Brian Smith's tenure under which they adapted quicker to the full time nature of SL making them simply bigger and stronger than the rest (their tactics were merely to batter the opposition into the ground, they had no plan B on when it didn't work). Once the other clubs caught up physically Bradford's success ended. He's not had much success since those days....... 

We need an experienced (at this level) coach, but I don't think there's (m)any available. Wonder if Tubbs would like to come back to Fev ;)

i doubt that any coach will be named tomorrow. hardly announce Danny Evans in charge if it was only going to be for a day !!

Exactly, the name of the new coach was never mentioned in the press release for announcement tomorrow, just the " big changes"

Bet the stats man is sleeping with one eye open tonight

What's Ryan Sheridan up to these days. From memory he didn't do too bad when DP upped and left straight away and when we had to wait for JB to finish what he was doing at Warrington before he could get over this side of t'Pennines.

Bet the stats man is sleeping with one eye open tonight

He's already gone

What's Ryan Sheridan up to these days. From memory he didn't do too bad when DP upped and left straight away and when we had to wait for JB to finish what he was doing at Warrington before he could get over this side of t'Pennines.

From Ryan Sheridans brothers tweet on twitter, I can safely say we can discount him

From Ryan Sheridans brothers tweet on twitter, I can safely say we can discount him

That's a shame.

JB has shown more class than anyone in all this

I wouldnt call his 1st words to Tommy Saxton class, he said "sorry your my 4th choice winger". or his suggestion that Matt James should get a job in a sandwich shop to improve his people skills. Class is the 1 thing JB did not have

I wouldnt call his 1st words to Tommy Saxton class, he said "sorry your my 4th choice winger". or his suggestion that Matt James should get a job in a sandwich shop to improve his people skills. Class is the 1 thing JB did not have

that coming from a penny bubbly, a big thick lump with no taste. fev casuals my arris

"The board has been told that it must challenge for top 4 Super League position within the next few years. We would like to thank Mark Campbell for his immense work in building the club to a level which has attracted investors to come in and take the club to the next level. His work ethic and love for the club is exemplary and he will play an important role in the club whilst new investors will come in. The club has been told it must finish in the top 2 this year and compete for the Grand Final at any cost."

So far I think coming 2nd is out, especially if we put up performances like last sunday's game. That is a lot of pressure and what do fev do under pressure....... fold.

4 years of outstanding performance and in one statement the 4 years effort is pushed aside for this year. Terrible. We should automatically be up for Superleague, we have nothing to prove.

"The board has been told that it must challenge for top 4 Super League position within the next few years. We would like to thank Mark Campbell for his immense work in building the club to a level which has attracted investors to come in and take the club to the next level. His work ethic and love for the club is exemplary and he will play an important role in the club whilst new investors will come in. The club has been told it must finish in the top 2 this year and compete for the Grand Final at any cost."

So far I think coming 2nd is out, especially if we put up performances like last sunday's game. That is a lot of pressure and what do fev do under pressure....... fold.

4 years of outstanding performance and in one statement the 4 years effort is pushed aside for this year. Terrible. We should automatically be up for Superleague, we have nothing to prove.

well according to that, we have to prove we don't fold under pressure

What does the GF achieve this season? Position in the league defines how much you get next season, surely that is the priority

Players have been over training, this is why they are under performing because they are shattered. Also, you can expect unrest when the bloody team is changing every week! Stick to a set of players and give them a chance to mold will somebody please do this.

Example, have you seen our under20's side? You need to because they have a 100% team chemistry rating in my opinion. They all work together like they have been in same squad for years. I watch them all the time now because they are superb.

Knocking up wins like 46, 82 and 94 seems like under 20's need more of a challenge.

Better not get used to this 'chemisty' as its seems the 20s coach is on his way too........

Who ever the new coach is he will want all his own staff Has any of the coaching staff been let go since JB left

Who ever the new coach is he will want all his own staff Has any of the coaching staff been let go since JB left

Just the stats man to my knowledge