Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

old big red

the coach

215 posts in this topic

Regardless of who we got rid of (and that arguments been done to death) or what statements have been put out, it doesn't change the 'here and now'.

I keep reading suggestions of what the club "should have done" but no-one offers any solution.

Experienced world class coaches that want to coach fev simply aren't queuing up to talk to campbell. Andy hay is a good coach.

How many games can he lose before he is no longer regarded as such?

The reasons given for sacking JB mean that the pressures upon AH to succeed immediately must be enormous.

Indeed. But it became abundantly clear after only a few weeks that jb was the wrong choice. He jyst wasn't up to ut.

Andy hay is a different proposition. Unfortunately for himhhe's raking on most of bastion's squad... hence shipping players out and entering a dr deal.

How many games can he lose before he is no longer regarded as such?

The reasons given for sacking JB mean that the pressures upon AH to succeed immediately must be enormous.

The same aspplies to IESTYN HARRIS or probably more so.

How are the pressures on isteyn comparable to those of andy hay?????

Robin I don't think that JB wasn't up to the job,I think the methods and structures were a step up, more akin to S/L and where he struggled was using that in a semi-pro environment and making allowances accordingly.From what has been said on here and other fora his man management wasn't what it might have been.I think coming from S/L backgroung albeit in academy set-up was unfortunately JB's downfall.

How are the pressures on isteyn comparable to those of andy hay?????

Sorry Robin. I was relating my comments to an earlier post. That related to the Salford set up. The getting rid of the coaching staff there. I was meaning that IH might meet the same fate if he wasn't instantly successful. The relation to AH was that he has to have a chance with us and that the Salford situation wasn't due to his poor performance.

Before we all start destroying our new coach, i think we need to actually see what happens. I doubt one game will tell us so we must hold out to see any improvement in the team.

Saying that, all we need really was the coach. We all know what we can play like and when we don't play, you can be damn sure there is a good reason. You cannot say any of our players are bad, they are all exceptional and if they weren't we'd get rid or they wouldn't be here in the first place. We have all seen heavenly performances from every single player on the pitch and notice as soon as we let the best coach we've had in years go, we struggle.

Some poor decisions have been made up to now from those up high, in my opinion DP should never of left but that doesn't matter, for now we have a brand new coach and he looks extremely enthusiastic about his position at Fev.

Come on Andy, behind you all the way. No pressure ;)

Regardless of who we got rid of (and that arguments been done to death) or what statements have been put out, it doesn't change the 'here and now'.

I keep reading suggestions of what the club "should have done" but no-one offers any solution.

Experienced world class coaches that want to coach fev simply aren't queuing up to talk to campbell. Andy hay is a good coach.

Agree, Robin. The class coaches are all presently employed by the top four or five clubs with no signs of leaving. I am afraid that it doesnt leave much to consider. Where are our past, formidable players who could be putting something back into the game?.. 

Peter Sly nocturnal animal, any truth?

yes, we've signed peter badger

This is another question I asked at tonight's forum and was told "no".

And Nobby may be at game on Sunday, just as a mate of Andy's ..........just saying

Came across well let's hope everyone gets behind him and he sorts things out

yes, we've signed peter badger

His uncle Len was a great full back for the blades old en.

ooh, i remember him.

Just been listening to rovers radio and Andy Hay sounds as if he's got the right stuff to get us back on track

And after Sunday's game you could see a difference in the players keep up the good work Andy and the staff

Come on you fev rovers and what a great volunteers team fev got