Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Major new investors

164 posts in this topic

Desperate statement that looks like it was written in a hurry after the match on Sunday and definitely not proof read.

I cannot believe a professional Rugby League club has published such a poorly written press release and embarrassed themselves with a pathetic school playground attack on Leigh Centurions

:lol: :lol: :lol:

heard we are signing Brierley.

Amos?

I would guess The phones have been non stop with agents offering the likes of Brett Seymour and Ryan Mcgoldrick as well as a whole plane load of the next batch of Aussie mercenaries who can't get a gig back home. just like the crew at London who are garbage and not even up to championship standard let alone SL.

Unfortunately I don't see what kind of quality would be available at this stage of the season and where from, apart from these or others coming to the end of the road at their SL clubs.

I would guess The phones have been non stop with agents offering the likes of Brett Seymour and Ryan Mcgoldrick as well as a whole plane load of the next batch of Aussie mercenaries who can't get a gig back home. just like the crew at London who are garbage and not even up to championship standard let alone SL.

Unfortunately I don't see what kind of quality would be available at this stage of the season and where from, apart from these or others coming to the end of the road at their SL clubs.

What I was thinking really. Just a couple of points off second. The priority has to be to get a good coach in place and let them assess the situation. Who knows? This squad may have the potential to challenge - we just haven't seen it yet. Adding one or two useful additions is good but throwing the doors open to any agent/player wanting a cushdy gig is not the ideal way to go.

Hope construction materials is being banded about owned by the QPR family

Two things come to mind. 1. Don't fill the team with has beens. 2 There must still be a TEAM. I watched Salford on the tele the other night. They have recruited heavily BUT they are NOT a team. We must have a team that plays together regularly and understands what is going on with their fellow players. So no quick signings of players that are past it, no rubbish from Aussie land, and not a lot of changes that will upset the coordination of the team's efforts. PLEASE.

If we were going for SL quality players, I'd rather we looked at local lads currently playing in the top flight, those who you know would bust a gut for the Rovers. I know we're not going to get Zac or Tom, but would Richard Whiting as captain be a possibility? Might do a similar job to what Tex did when he came back.

That was a name I was thinking about as a possible but play him where and drop who ? A great lad and a a great utility player who gives 100% every time....I would expect him to finish off his career here but doubt it would happen imminently

Home sweet home

Friday 9th May 2014

23272.jpgStory in brief:

Nahaboo set to hand Paul Coventry & volunteers a cheque to complete new stand works.

Following Monday's announcement of the club's investment, fans will be delighted to learn that a sum of money has been budgeted for works to continue on the new stands. Nahaboo said: "There are now funds for Paul Coventry and our team of volunteers to use and continue the next stage for the stands. What they have done is miraculous and commendable. Our home is our future. The new stands look great and will house a significant following when in Super League. The collection organised by Stuart Jodrill was phenomenal and raised thousands, and it's an honour to come in at this stage and help Paul Coventry and his team continue their works. It is a very proud day for our community. We should celebrate this marvellous club achievement. There are some Super League teams who won't have ownership of facilities that we now have. We are a club that doesn't make false promises on new homes. We are honest to our fans. The way it should be. We love it at Post Office Road, so we will stay here and make it our home for years to come. Everyone who has contributed should be delighted. I wish Paul Coventry and our volunteers the very best. What they have given this club is nothing short of blood, sweat and tears and I hope on hearing this news they feel filled and complete,irrespective of this investment, these men should receive all the accolades. Our next news will be to unveil our Head Coach on Sunday at 9am."

Now he's getting the hang of it, little and often keeps the positivity flowing

He certainly is. Getting fans to pay for the erection of the stand...nice. Now there is a budget (on paper) for the volunteers.

Good to see we are using it for the right things as well Well done

Feisal ‏@fnahaboo75

Very sad, very upset, revolving door again...same issues same people. Time to go. Very hard to leave when in love.

Feisal ‏@fnahaboo75

Very sad, very upset, revolving door again...same issues same people. Time to go. Very hard to leave when in love.

HA!

Yes looks like he's abandoned ship!!

Feisal @fnahaboo75 5h

A lot of free time now to play golf.Will miss the lads.I know they backed what was happening & we would have got into SL.We had just started

Assuming the above is his account this followed 2 hours after the one posted by Kenilworth

Aye... it was all over facebook last night derek. C'est la vie..... onwards

Aye... it was all over facebook last night derek. C'est la vie..... onwards

......and in which direction? I hope Fev don't suffer from this investor experience

If we've got Mark Campbell..we've got FEATHERSTONE ROVERS;