Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Major new investors

164 posts in this topic

bit   of   a   coincidence  so   soon   after  last  weeks   posting   by   members  on   being   carefull   about  sale   of   land.either   keeping   it  or   using   any   funds   from   sale   to   benefit  the   club.the   fact   that  A  shaeholders   would   have   more  say   in   the   use   of  land   than feisal  may   have   had   something   to   do   with   him  abandoning  ship .never   mind   rovers   will   sail   on   reguardless.

It's not just money we need the crowds to keep coming and if we want to push next year we need to be finishing at the top The BOD want the team to be the best as do the rest of us and if we are there is only one place to finish

Call me a pessimist jt, but do you honestly believe that we can sustain the crowds required, if and when we achieve SL?. With three SL clubs within an eight mile radius and even allowing for visiting fans, I think that we would be struggling to attract 6/7000 speccies a figure which does not sustain a first class SL team.

If we were going for SL quality players, I'd rather we looked at local lads currently playing in the top flight, those who you know would bust a gut for the Rovers. I know we're not going to get Zac or Tom, but would Richard Whiting as captain be a possibility? Might do a similar job to what Tex did when he came back.

Cant beat local talent Steve.Even if not as highly skilled, playing for the shirt is 95% of success.

Call me a pessimist jt, but do you honestly believe that we can sustain the crowds required, if and when we achieve SL?. With three SL clubs within an eight mile radius and even allowing for visiting fans, I think that we would be struggling to attract 6/7000 speccies a figure which does not sustain a first class SL team.

Not a issue now for S/L but there is one thing if we continue on today's crowds we will not have a top quality squad for the championship

Not a issue now for S/L but there is one thing if we continue on today's crowds we will not have a top quality squad for the championship

As has been said we will find out Wed. With the allotments  being develped I would offer our land on a leasehold basis to the builders. This would bring in additional income whilst the land is still ours. The additional income, in time, would give us a basis for covering all overhead when taken together with our usual income. So SL not out of the question.

what the hell is going on?

He got found out and has done a runner

HA HA HA AND LONDON BRONCOS CAN?

Tried taking our land, we all knew it, basically typical greedy business man. Just so glad Mark is back at the helm. Hope he's at the fans forum!

Tried taking our land, we all knew it, basically typical greedy business man.

Im glad he's not there, but that's not what happened.

Then by all means, do tell.

Mate, we don't know.

We dont know if Feisal is still the major shareholder and if he is, how that will work.

We don't know what his motives were in the first place. I still think it was about bigging up his own business.

We don't know the financial commitments we've made in terms of player contracts.

We don't know how MC will regain control of the board.

All this land stuff is more speculation, and we've had lots of that.

The waiting game is awful. So, what happens now then?

Firstly we have to wait for the joint statement from Mark C and feisal which is due tomorrow.

Then there's the fans forum on Wednesday.

Im sure these two events will clarify a lot.

Mark has been chairman for many years, and is well-known and well-trusted. If things are in his hands, I'd be happy.

Well, lots of bad things have happened over the years, but the club has always carried on.

And so we shall again.

Well, lots of bad things have happened over the years, but the club has always carried on.

And so we shall again.

Yes we shall, as long as i still breathe I'll be down to watch the lads.

Yes we shall, as long as i still breathe I'll be down to watch the lads.

Can you convince the 600 that didn't bother today

I don't think this is over yet by a long way and I can't see FN walking away either. i don't think the land has anything to do with any of this and Mark is nearer the truth. FN want fame and loves courting the media but cant seem to get it right like Dr K at Salford does.

Another intresting week on planet Fev

I think it was the land. What else is it going to be for? They were both in on same terms him and poskitt. Remember cas....

We will see on Wednesday.

The big problem is if commitments have been made eg for contracts etc on the basis that money was on its way but now isn't

If FN hasn't paid then how did ge become the major shareholder ?

The big problem is if commitments have been made eg for contracts etc on the basis that money was on its way but now isn't

Yes, that would be the major concern.

If FN hasn't paid then how did ge become the major shareholder ?

It's only speculation that the money never came in, until we hear otherwise we have to assume he did invest 300K. If that's not the case, his shareholding would be null and void, so problem solved (perhaps).