Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Liam Mcavoy

27 posts in this topic

Liam has made the team of the week!

Well done Liam, I'm surprised that one or two others aren't joining you as well.

Well done Liam, well deserved. Karl Harrison said it was because of the Wigan lads that we drew with them, seems this proves otherwise.....

Well done . The way our 17 is set up he's a central part of our pack . Plays way above his size and has no fear . Leading by example

Well done Liam, well deserved. Karl Harrison said it was because of the Wigan lads that we drew with them, seems this proves otherwise.....

Karl Harrison wants to have a look at his non existent half backs before he's bothering about the town team.

Karl Harrison wants to have a look at his non existent half backs before he's bothering about the town team.

He set his excuse up before the game and used it. Surely all coaches aren't as bothered about the opposition and concentrate how they play.

It was the ' impressive Paul Mennell ' in the RLE . One of us is watching a different game . We slate our blokes for that dinner - suit stuff , and we aren't eyeing up trophies . Can't blame the pack they're playing off . I hope we get Powell for a good spell to bed in to the halves . As we seen , he is an individual threat - yes it didn't always come off , but he's trying and thinking - but he sparks those around and outside as well . Perfect scenario would be him linking up with Manfredi and Gelling outside , and playing off two big Wigan props inside .

One of you're better ones , Boycey . I'll give that sunshine .

Mcavoy has been outstanding this year reminds me of billy McInty well done thoroughly deserved

I don't see that one !

nah me neither, for one Liam can run.

These lads look good doing a job in an all star or top team ... But take them out of it and expect them to be the main man in a lesser team and they're exposed . I'm sure you lads can think of other examples of those we've had in the last 20 years ..,

Rubbish!  Manfredi scored a good try and that was it and  Farrell and Murphy didn't stand out . Was Powell better than Callum or Carl?

Rubbish! Manfredi scored a good try and that was it and Farrell and Murphy didn't stand out . Was Powell better than Callum or Carl?

yeah he was mate. His kicking game was the big difference in the game. Maybe not as good at running at players like Callum but he certainly improved our team. Plus that was forbers best game in ages, and that was really down to Sam controlling the game and taking pressure off him.

yeah he was mate. His kicking game was the big difference in the game. Maybe not as good at running at players like Callum but he certainly improved our team. Plus that was forbers best game in ages, and that was really down to Sam controlling the game and taking pressure off him.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him to play again, I thought he fitted in well but no way were the Wigan players our best.  Booting it dead was a good tactic even though it's the worst rule in RL but it doesn't take any skill.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him to play again, I thought he fitted in well but no way were the Wigan players our best. Booting it dead was a good tactic even though it's the worst rule in RL but it doesn't take any skill.

i don't think forber could kick it dead from his own half. Personally thought Brett Phillips and shacks were the best 2 players on the pitch, but Powell was up there.

We want top blokes from Wigan ... Manfredi and Powell are top blokes from Wigan . Then we pick them apart when they get here . There's the Farrells and Levers , and then there's the Powells and Manfredis who we'd die for - and got .You can't win then. Manfredi just scored a try ( that no one else on our side would have ) and Powell isn't better than Forber . Please give me these blokes and three like them every week to gladly criticise . When Powell is leading Wigan to super league titles we'll see how good he is .

We want top blokes from Wigan ... Manfredi and Powell are top blokes from Wigan . Then we pick them apart when they get here . There's the Farrells and Levers , and then there's the Powells and Manfredis who we'd die for - and got .You can't win then. Manfredi just scored a try ( that no one else on our side would have ) and Powell isn't better than Forber . Please give me these blokes and three like them every week to gladly criticise . When Powell is leading Wigan to super league titles we'll see how good he is .

Hang on...I'm not "pulling them apart". Harrison said the Wigan players were our best on the day , IMO Manfredi as I said scored a great try but to say he was one of our best players doesn't give credit to the other guys who did much more. Like with Powell I'd have him back cos that ability to finish a move is what we've lacked.

So Farrell and Murphy were better than McAvoy, Phillips and Forber? If you like .

No , but you can only compare position for position. It's the Manfredis and Powells and Gellings and James that we need in our predicament , where we are weakest .Players who will stand above what we have .That's the level we want , when we get it then it's all good , what they're capable of giving you far outweighs any downside and what our own can do - ie Powell and Forber . Trouble is getting them . I think Murphy is getting much better and did stand out .Couple of ricks but good on Sunday .Got MOM in the paper. I've made me views known on Farrell . If you're taking someone who isn't better in a set position than what you have then you're just doing it for the sake of doing it . I don't disagree with your main point. Our guys were good . But they're all our guys out there trying to win a game for us .

Am I watching a different player? Murphy is improving all the time is catch and return is very good - even when he's facing his own line. Also coming into his own when joining the attack -the angled line he ran from Forbers reverse pass was class. I would like him in a Town shirt for the rest of the season.

Exactly . Just shows what happens when you get a chance to bed in over time . It's tough being plonked in a new team but quality comes through as you become comfortable and more confident . Of the ' second tier ' Wigan guys he's been the success . The top guys we want should be ok to come in and deliver .

I think you guys are all arguing about different things here. The point that started this was the Fax coach saying that the best players on the field on Sunday were the Wigan DR players. Now whilst it is a matter of individual opinion as to whether he is right or not I would wager that if you took a vote from all the Town fans they would put Brett Phillips, Liam McAvoy, Marc Shackley and possibly Carl Forber's contribution ON SUNDAY, as better than the Wigan lads. Of course we would expect over a season or over a period of matches for the Wigan lads to be better but we are talking here solely about Sunday's performance.

It's a bit rich with coaches of clubs having a go at us in cumbria having DR and them players being the best performers in our team when they are based in hot beds of RL talent.

If we had a squad as big as his he wouldn't know which players were playing anyway so I don't know what he's whittering on about