Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LordCharles

Salford sign 4 more!

92 posts in this topic

He did say at the start of the year that this season was a year too early. It'll be interesting to see who these 4 are. Depth is a major problem for them at the moment but it will be good to see them do a "Warrington" and enter the picture over the coming seasons. The more good teams the better. We have 5 real contenders (6 if you count Cas) so if we can make it so the whole 8 are near each others standard it can only bode well for British RL.

if at first you don't succeed throw more money down the drain 

He did say at the start of the year that this season was a year too early. It'll be interesting to see who these 4 are. Depth is a major problem for them at the moment but it will be good to see them do a "Warrington" and enter the picture over the coming seasons. The more good teams the better. We have 5 real contenders (6 if you count Cas) so if we can make it so the whole 8 are near each others standard it can only bode well for British RL.

Do a Warrington??

Would you like to explain what you mean??

Be yet another head coach there next season, it takes time, someone needs to tell him.

Viking Warrior how is he throwing money down the drain. Watch Salfords crowds and league position rise above Widnes' next year.

mate by keep throwing money at a team and keep sacking coaches is a recipe for disaster............as a barrow fan you should know that from dessies time in charge 

Do a Warrington??

A reasonable chunk of investment, and plenty of hard work, put Wire at the top table. I assume he means Salford can do the same.

Do a Warrington??

Do a Warrington??

Think he means wire were nowhere to be seen earlier in SL then new stadium/owner and they arrived,won a few CC

Suprisingly though having had the best squad on paper at least for the last couple of years the big prize the GF has alluded them,and know having lost a couple of leaders(not world class Dave T)are going to struggle to make the top 4

if at first you don't succeed throw more money down the drain

Your fixation is becoming a little pathetic.

Do a Warrington??

Yeah, pretty much what the two posters above said. It wasn't a slur on Warrington. It just has the potential to be a similar situation. New owner, new stadium, money invested, better players signed, no hopers (as you were in the 90s/early2000's) to title contenders. The more the merrier. I have no problem with it. The stronger the comp is the better IMO.

I'm looking forward to hearing if any of that Four are NRL players. 

i'd hazard a guess at Hauraki, Blake Green, Logan Tomkins.. and i  guess if rumour is to be believed possibly Joel Tomkins.

Do a Warrington??

Over the next 2-3 years buy a completely new team in the hope of winning a trophy.

The vast majority of the Warrington team of the last few years were bought and not developed by the club and this tactic managed to get them a few CC wins and a few grand final appearances. I guess Salford will be aiming to emulate this.

i'd hazard a guess at Hauraki, Blake Green, Logan Tomkins.. and i  guess if rumour is to be believed possibly Joel Tomkins.

Blake Green is in contract talks with Wigan over a new deal.

Over the next 2-3 years buy a completely new team in the hope of winning a trophy.

The vast majority of the Warrington team of the last few years were bought and not developed by the club and this tactic managed to get them a few CC wins and a few grand final appearances. I guess Salford will be aiming to emulate this.

I guess you are right, but Warringtons gentle slide down the league has seen big names leave, and some locally developed players come in which is good stuff. The question I have is why is Mr. Moran no longer seemingly pursuing the "buy buy buy" policy?

I guess you are right, but Warringtons gentle slide down the league has seen big names leave, and some locally developed players come in which is good stuff. The question I have is why is Mr. Moran no longer seemingly pursuing the "buy buy buy" policy?

I'd suggest that the big signings have stopped because the quality of player available to buy isn't much better than what is already at the club. 

Yeah, pretty much what the two posters above said. It wasn't a slur on Warrington. It just has the potential to be a similar situation. New owner, new stadium, money invested, better players signed, no hopers (as you were in the 90s/early2000's) to title contenders. The more the merrier. I have no problem with it. The stronger the comp is the better IMO.

Going a bit OT here, but it's a bit of an exaggeration to call the Warrington sides of the 90s and early 2000s as 'no hopers'. Admittedly they had 2 bad years (98 and 02) finishing third from bottom, but the other years were spent largely mid table. Even under Van de Velde there were a couple of CC Semi Finals. The biggest problem was the complete lack of consistency. Poorly run - at times, flirting with relegation - once, but not no hopers. The other thing with Warrington is that the changes happened over a long period of time, many years in fact. Salford, or their owner at least, appear to be looking for rapid change. 

Blake Green is in contract talks with Wigan over a new deal.

To try and stop him from signing for Salford.

Think he means wire were nowhere to be seen earlier in SL then new stadium/owner and they arrived,won a few CC

Suprisingly though having had the best squad on paper at least for the last couple of years the big prize the GF has alluded them,and know having lost a couple of leaders(not world class Dave T)are going to struggle to make the top 4

Oy, I'm not gonna rise to that!  :tongue:

To try and stop him from signing for Salford.

Apparently the talks have been going on for some time with Wigan.

Your fixation is becoming a little pathetic.

what fixation, i have no "fixation" what so ever with the goings on at barton, just find it frustrating that marwan will resort to the football strategy of hiring and firing coaches, from what i have seen already this season salford have signed too many over the hill players on big contracts when the young lads that were coming through have been discarded