Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netherton Ram

Leigh - 11 May. Discussion!

176 posts in this topic

Dewsbury 22 Leigh 36

First try: Thackeray

Att: 1234

FWIW I believe one team will get a bonus point

You're right craig - I think the dogs will get one against Barrow. ;)

It depends which Dewsbury side turn up, the very good one or the very bad one, the very good Dewsbury side could give Leigh a very good game whereas the very bad Dewsbury side could see a long afternoon.

It depends which Dewsbury side turn up, the very good one or the very bad one, the very good Dewsbury side could give Leigh a very good game whereas the very bad Dewsbury side could see a long afternoon.

And whether the very good Leigh side or the even better one turn up. I think all we can expect from the lads is that they give their all and do themselves and the fans proud. Miracles do happen, but they tend to be few and far between in this neck of the woods. A BP would be a mighty impressive result.

Totally agree with GOR,we'll have to be at the very top of our game & Leigh off theirs & you never know!!! GM says there's going to be changes no choice after last week's symbolic performance,can't see Pryce playing(shame) I'd bring Beckett into centre for him,drop Hemingway & put Hyde back in halfs to give us a bit more go forward in middle,don't know who'll play FB my choice would be Morton!! If Aizue's fit get him back in side more power that's what we've been short of. Anyway I'll go rams 20 leythers 16,1st try Thackeray att 1,501

Totally agree with GOR,we'll have to be at the very top of our game & Leigh off theirs & you never know!!! GM says there's going to be changes no choice after last week's symbolic performance,can't see Pryce playing(shame) I'd bring Beckett into centre for him,drop Hemingway & put Hyde back in halfs to give us a bit more go forward in middle,don't know who'll play FB my choice would be Morton!! If Aizue's fit get him back in side more power that's what we've been short of. Anyway I'll go rams 20 leythers 16,1st try Thackeray att 1,501

Morton at fullback means no good winger, and who replaces him at winger? Hyde at 6 means no goal kicker which if we score a try (which after last week that is an if) we could drop a lot of points, 2 points do mean a lot as it has proved in the past. Aizue would be the warhorse forward that we needed at Keighley. I'd put Hyde on the bench personally, he does provide cover in many places.

And whether the very good Leigh side or the even better one turn up. I think all we can expect from the lads is that they give their all and do themselves and the fans proud. Miracles do happen, but they tend to be few and far between in this neck of the woods. A BP would be a mighty impressive result.

Leigh are proving the team to beat, I think I know what Leigh side are turning up

Anyway here would be my squad for Leigh, I realise this May not be to everyone's liking and it's a change to other lines ups I have posted in the past.

1. Sheriff

2. Morton

3. Spicer

4. Beckett

5. Scott

6. Hemingway

7. Thackeray

8. Aizue

9. Godwin

10. Haggerty

11. Hepworth

12. Pryce

13. Gallagher

14. Farrell

15. Dowes

16. Hyde

17. Wright

I repeat, it may not be to everyone's liking, not everyone may agree with what team I have put forward (so and so is useless, so and so isn't very good there, all that stuff) but I'd give it a try, it might turn out better than expected.

Anyway here would be my squad for Leigh, I realise this May not be to everyone's liking and it's a change to other lines ups I have posted in the past.

1. Sheriff

2. Morton

3. Spicer

4. Beckett

5. Scott

6. Hemingway

7. Thackeray

8. Aizue

9. Godwin

10. Haggerty

11. Hepworth

12. Pryce

13. Gallagher

14. Farrell

15. Dowes

16. Hyde

17. Wright

I repeat, it may not be to everyone's liking, not everyone may agree with what team I have put forward (so and so is useless, so and so isn't very good there, all that stuff) but I'd give it a try, it might turn out better than expected.

Afraid you won't get your wish with Pryce at 12 Kelsey - GM has publicly stated that he doesn't have the engine for the back row.

He did GOR, that was my question he answered I think, although I would like to see it.

Morton at fullback means no good winger, and who replaces him at winger? Hyde at 6 means no goal kicker which if we score a try (which after last week that is an if) we could drop a lot of points, 2 points do mean a lot as it has proved in the past. Aizue would be the warhorse forward that we needed at Keighley. I'd put Hyde on the bench personally, he does provide cover in many places.

If Graham's choice were to come to fruition, then Hyde would be the goal kicker with Morton as second choice; both are accomplished (!) goal kickers. 

Aizue is great going forward but not the greatest on defence, lack of mobility being a bit of a liability. Added to this that he is only good for about 25mins in total means that the pressure on the rest of the pack increases.

As for Pryce 40/20 refer to him as "reliably enigmatic" which I thought was wonderful - he does need a rest however and this is the best game to do it.

As GOR has commented previously the lack of opportunity for the lesser lights means that we don't know what to expect so shouldn't judge them too harshly if they do get the chance.

I shall be following progress from Asia Minor with great interest.

Can't see us getting a point , Leigh are on fire at the minute.

Rams 16 -Leigh 34. First try scorer Grady.

looking forward to coming over and enjoying the clubs hospitality, Go the Centurions, see you all at 3!

Dewsbury 16 Leigh 34

First try: Grady

Att 1400

Winning 8-0 at ht. Haggerty send off at the hooter.

Ref should had put it on report like he did with the Leigh lad, going to be hard with 12 men, keep it up lads!!!

Average Rugby League Player. Professional C##k

Lucky not to leave the field earlier than he did. Clearly loves playing the idiot tries to wind players and fans alike. That sort of act is better placed in a circus or pantomime.

Aizue is great going forward but not the greatest on defence, lack of mobility being a bit of a liability. Added to this that he is only good for about 25mins in total means that the pressure on the rest of the pack increases.

As for Pryce 40/20 refer to him as "reliably enigmatic" which I thought was wonderful - he does need a rest however and this is the best game to do it.

As GOR has commented previously the lack of opportunity for the lesser lights means that we don't know what to expect so shouldn't judge them too harshly if they do get the chance.

I shall be following progress from Asia Minor with great interest.

Blind side johnny, on 05 May 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:snapback.png

But going forward he's very deceptive - he's much slower than you think!

Here's an interesting question: how many squad changes do you expect for the Leigh game?

And I bet he would still comfortably outpace our current wingers over fifty yards

I rest my case - 75 yarder wasn't it ? ;)  Enjoy your holiday BSJ.

12-28 . Extra man counted in the end , with 13 I think we would have had a BP. Not sure why Haggerty flattened RB . I'm disappointed he didn't keep his cool TBH. That said I can't remember a team have so many penalties against them for head high tackles. When we were 13v13 and 12v12 we looked good enough .Every team bar us and Sheffield picked up points. We must win at Barrow it's very congested from us down to the bottom.