Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netherton Ram

Leigh - 11 May. Discussion!

176 posts in this topic

Spent most of the match posing about and trying to wind players up. Failed and then got sin binned at the end. Bit of a idiot and pretty ordinary player. Doubt he will be quite as "tough"against Leeds.

Mind you he had some competition in the stupid stakes. McNally spent most of the game complaining to the referee and throwing the ball away. And don't mention the fat Leigh "trainer" trying to incite trouble at the sending off.

Good performance apart from the sending off. Thought Hyde had a very good game, back at half back, Sherriffe did well in the forwards, good tackling stint.

Didn't think 8-0 was enough with the wind, but one man down it was game over. The Leigh player who flattened Beckett off the ball was very lucky to stay on.

Good performance apart from the sending off. Thought Hyde had a very good game, back at half back, Sherriffe did well in the forwards, good tackling stint.

Didn't think 8-0 was enough with the wind, but one man down it was game over. The Leigh player who flattened Beckett off the ball was very lucky to stay on.

Ref bottled it. The Leigh player who hit Beckett should have been sent off as should Jamie Acton for retaliation from the Haggarty incident. How can one be put on report and another a red card? 

Guys have some dignity in defeat. A better ref and you would have been on the end of a cricket score

I couldn't quite see the Beckett incident. I would like to see it it again. It was near the TJ so not sure why a decision couldn't be made.

Some say a better ref would have seen Beckett flattened off the ball. Both teams coughed up the ball enough to ensure there would be no cricket score regardless of the ref.

Guys have some dignity in defeat. A better ref and you would have been on the end of a cricket score

After seeing a team play with such un-sportsman like conduct maybe it's your players who should play with some dignity instead of trying to cheat your way through a game!

I couldn't quite see the Beckett incident. I would like to see it it again. It was near the TJ so not sure why a decision couldn't be made.

Maybe it was the same TJ who disallowed a clear try for us. Merrick was clueless yet again!

and who are you ???

ah .....i get it....your on here to gloat.....but got no fodder ?

he's a complete and utter MUPPET, can't play rugby to save his life, what a waste of a squad place he is

Like I said in one of my earlier posts. A good game as a contest spoiled by the Pr*t in the middle. 

The lads played well today and I think if haggerty would of not walked we would of won the game.

Shocking performance from the officials. How can they send one of our own off and not send a Leigh player off for the same incident 10 mins before.

18 was a complete utter p***k for Leigh.

The standard of refs is getting worse sums the game up in our country. Million miles behing the Austrilans unfortunately.

GM did not look happy in the bar after game. Apparently he approached ref after game and asked him to explain the abysmal performance.

Haha what the ###### is sweaty Craig on. I really hope leeds smash you .

Acton was a complete and utter ##### and he got everything from ref. can't wait to see him up again Jamie peacock. The ##### will lose his bottle then.

We outplayed you first half and would of won the game if it was not from a abysmal decision from the muppet in the middle.

GM did not look happy in the bar after game. Apparently he approached ref after game and asked him to explain the abysmal performance.

The only point was the sending off of Haggerty and the putting on report of the Leigh player which I thought was a worse offence. Head tackling a player nowhere near the ball. But that's the way it goes.

The sin binning of the other Haggerty was bizarre. It was the clearest ball stripping penalty and the Leigh fans around me couldn't understand why he was arguing.

You relied on slowing the game down and being miles offside, the ref allowed it. When this happens the game deteriorates and niggle sets in - this was your very obvious gameplan that a very poor ref allowed.

Played at pace you would have been coughing blood after 15 mins, it was like watching 3rd team RL at times after a stag do the night before.

I almost crashed on the motorway listening to that 'coach' of yours, especially as I heard our lads going through there post match victory songs in the background

You relied on slowing the game down and being miles offside, the ref allowed it. When this happens the game deteriorates and niggle sets in - this was your very obvious gameplan that a very poor ref allowed.

Played at pace you would have been coughing blood after 15 mins, it was like watching 3rd team RL at times after a stag do the night before.

I almost crashed on the motorway listening to that 'coach' of yours, especially as I heard our lads going through there post match victory songs in the background

I am exasperated by this character's view. What on earth was he watching? Judging by his admitted poor driving skills, he doesn't see very well!

it appears that some of the Leigh fans are taking Halifax's 'faithful' mantle as the championship's most arrogant and moronic followers.the quip about 'Played at pace you would have been coughing blood after 15 mins, it was like watching 3rd team RL at times after a stag do the night before' makes me chuckle.

I'd curtail it until you've played leeds if i were you.

a poor ref that missed all your forward passes. next time you could  get a third coach maybe on the  pitch when we are kicking. 

I couldn't be a Leigh supporter after watching their players' "ungentlemanly conduct". Sweaty whstsit thought we were offside, but it was his team with the offside tactics, especially at scrums (and penalised for it too). They got away with many forward passes and what was that all about with so many trainers/physios on the field when Grayston was teeing up his penalty? They performed so many underhand tactics, especially when they were behind. Not good Mr Rowley, shame on you for coaching your players that way! Their players seemed to try and antagonise the home supporters too after the match and a couple of incidents ensued, I think, because of that.

Now when they played football they were good, but we matched them when we had a full squad out on the field. It's a pity the officials (and Leigh) ruined what could have been a great eighty minutes!

I couldn't be a Leigh supporter after watching their players' "ungentlemanly conduct". Sweaty whstsit thought we were offside, but it was his team with the offside tactics, especially at scrums (and penalised for it too). They got away with many forward passes and what was that all about with so many trainers/physios on the field when Grayston was teeing up his penalty? They performed so many underhand tactics, especially when they were behind. Not good Mr Rowley, shame on you for coaching your players that way! Their players seemed to try and antagonise the home supporters too after the match and a couple of incidents ensued, I think, because of that.

Now when they played football they were good, but we matched them when we had a full squad out on the field. It's a pity the officials (and Leigh) ruined what could have been a great eighty minutes!

I am exasperated by this character's view. What on earth was he watching? Judging by his admitted poor driving skills, he doesn't see very well!

He is well known for trolling on other forums. Don't bite.

Say that again?