Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weloveyouwakefield2

Ben Jones Bishop

39 posts in this topic

come on denis get him signed

Don't blame him. I think Briscoe should've played back up to BJB.

There should be stiff competition for such a good player.

I think he'll go to the NRL. Someone like Melbourne could do with him as Slater is declining now. 

Don't blame him. I think Briscoe should've played back up to BJB.

Yes, there's no point bashing Bishop. Ben is a stylish player who is good to watch.

The salary cap and Leeds' carefulness with salaries probably mean he can earn quite a bit more elsewhere.

About time Hull spent some cash on some young British players.

Big club waiting for a decent team to help fill their stadium.

Yes, there's no point bashing Bishop. 

Impressive, and only 3 mins before the Broncos quip.

Keep 'em coming.....

"TOTALRL.COM EXCLUSIVE: we've 'heard' that BJB is definitely signed for Wire/Salford/Hull/Hull KR/Wakey. 'Apparently' it's "already a done deal."

Throw Cas in too, we're going to announce 6 players soon, some in, some out some staying. Tipping Hauraki, Clark and another out. Possibly 2 in and Huby staying.

Rumours that Daryl Clark actually wants to stay too now, even though Wire was a supposed done deal.

Big mistake by Leeds here. BJB has been terrific when he has played this year. Poor management by Leeds to marginalise him. Signing Briscoe was unnecessary with Hall, Hardaker, Watkins. What Leeds needed, if anything, was to think about what they'll do when their ageing pack, especially Peacock, Leuluai and Bailey all retire within a couple of years.

Big mistake by Leeds here. BJB has been terrific when he has played this year. Poor management by Leeds to marginalise him. Signing Briscoe was unnecessary with Hall, Hardaker, Watkins. What Leeds needed, if anything, was to think about what they'll do when their ageing pack, especially Peacock, Leuluai and Bailey all retire within a couple of years.

Maybe Leeds signed Briscoe because BJB turned down a new deal.It's a mistake that could come back to haunt them.

For me, Briscoe is a better player than BJB so I don't think there is any mistake that's been made. It would have been great to be able to keep hold of him but he is too good to not be playing regularly so can understand his reasons for leaving.

Does he want to play full back? Never going to happen at Leeds with Hardaker now firmly established there, so if that's the case, and he has often said he prefers FB, then he has no choice but to move on.

Leaving Leeds at the end of the season, where will he end up? Salford?  :bye:

A player who in my opinion is good enough for any squad in super league. I hope my team sign him.

I don't want to be the Cassandra in amongst all this, but five quid says he's off to the dark side.

I reckon that there's an arrangement with the club(s) to keep schtum to prevent any ill will less than halfway through the SL season.

If he was off to the dark side then wouldn't it be for this up coming seasons?

The Union club would maybe pay a small fee for an early release.

I reckon he'll go to Wire. They need quality young players and BJB is quality.

Good piece of business by Salford, that.  If they keep this up then they could have a seriously pacey backline (but obviously they'd have to get rid of Meli first!).