Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweaty craiq

Fev DR with Wakefield

235 posts in this topic

Can't really win on this subject can we? When we made our stance against it last year we were called hypocrites because we'd already taken loan players from Wakefield and now we're hypocrites because we're doing DR. Can't fathom that one.

The big fear from Rovers and others was that the championship would become a reserve league to SL and one or two clubs, worryingly for the rest, went in that direction. Thankfully the majority used the system sensibly while two of those that didn't suffered spectacularly by being relegated and all the time young players were drifting out of the game into oblivion and would have done so at an even faster rate had all clubs followed the policy of the few.

Can't really win on this subject can we? When we made our stance against it last year we were called hypocrites because we'd already taken loan players from Wakefield and now we're hypocrites because we're doing DR. Can't fathom that one.

The big fear from Rovers and others was that the championship would become a reserve league to SL and one or two clubs, worryingly for the rest, went in that direction. Thankfully the majority used the system sensibly while two of those that didn't suffered spectacularly by being relegated and all the time young players were drifting out of the game into oblivion and would have done so at an even faster rate had all clubs followed the policy of the few.

But there's no problem with DR players from Wakefield denying Bennion his chance in the first team?

But there's no problem with DR players from Wakefield denying Bennion his chance in the first team?

The same Gavin Bennion that's on loan from Warrington? Whilst i disagree with Dr, I'm not sure that's the best example of it blocking our youth development. ;)

Let's be fair on this Les, Ive already said I don't like DR in any way, shape or form. I'm not defending the fact that we've done it, I've only ever said I can understand why they've changed their minds.

So what you are saying is we dont agree with DR but we will use it if it helps. If you lot would have been around in the 40s it would have gone something like this. We dont like hitler but it looks like he is winning we better change sides

Forget about him lads, hes a troll from the Hunslet board called Sgt Pepper under yet another name teenoso and looks like hes been banned again now along with upandatem whose really Macca6 another troll who was banned.The fact that he mentions Hitler on a rugby forum shows his mentality...

Forget about him lads, hes a troll from the Hunslet board called Sgt Pepper under yet another name teenoso and looks like hes been banned again now along with upandatem whose really Macca6 another troll who was banned.The fact that he mentions Hitler on a rugby forum shows his mentality...

But thats what Godwins law is, every thread on the internet that goes on for a fair amount of time, some one will mention Hitler, my father reckons Margreat Thatcher is just as bad as Hitler but thats another story

The same Gavin Bennion that's on loan from Warrington? Whilst i disagree with Dr, I'm not sure that's the best example of it blocking our youth development. ;)

Ok, a fair cop and not the best example, but the principle's the same. After his effort against Leigh surely he deserved a chance before bringing in DRs?

After his effort against Leigh surely he deserved a chance before bringing in DRs?

Agreed!

The problem is that if Fev want top 2 and challenge next season with the bottom 4 youth will not get us there. Although there should be a pathway for the youth it should start at the S/L club and be mirrored by the championship but we all know what they think about it I don't know what the club spend on the youth but how profitable has it been in the last 5 year to the club and who have we got that is a regular First team player that has come through

Ok, a fair cop and not the best example, but the principle's the same. After his effort against Leigh surely he deserved a chance before bringing in DRs?

Again, it depends on how you value his worth. In my opinion, Annakin offers much more than what Gav does at the moments and so is much more likely to contribute to us guaranteeing second place.

I wouldn't want to increase the risk of us not finishing second at the mo. Way way too much at stake this season.

I hate DR and still abhor the regime. We've already lost two games with players using the system against us.

Come June, come an old favourite, how long it will last I don't know. Facebook i've sh@t it, If you want info the forum is where it's at.

Again, it depends on how you value his worth. In my opinion, Annakin offers much more than what Gav does at the moments and so is much more likely to contribute to us guaranteeing second place.

I wouldn't want to increase the risk of us not finishing second at the mo. Way way too much at stake this season.

I hate DR and still abhor the regime. We've already lost two games with players using the system against us.

Why is finishing second so important, given the scale of investment announced by the club recently?

is £200,000 more not an important enough reason regardless of what investment is spoken about?

is £200,000 more not an important enough reason regardless of what investment is spoken about?

I cannot understand people when they say why is second so important The money is massive to a championship club regardless of who is investing in it It will also make a difference to the clubs future in 2015

I cannot understand people when they say why is second so important The money is massive to a championship club regardless of who is investing in it It will also make a difference to the clubs future in 2015

But in the light of the forthcoming multi-millions it is relative peanuts for a big club like yours.

200k is never peanuts in rugby bsj.... regardless of the bankroll

It's also £200k less for one of our rivals

But in the light of the forthcoming multi-millions it is relative peanuts for a big club like yours.

this is a poor attempt for a man of your calibre BSJ

this is a poor attempt for a man of your calibre BSJ

I'm just waiting for the four weeks to expire.

There's not enough hubris on these boards for my liking.

It's not just £200K, it's a £400K reversal of pay-out between the 2nd & 3rd clubs, ie it also deprives one of our main rivals of an extra £200K, which could make a major difference to a club like Fax or Sheffield next year.

When Halifax won the 2010 GF they got £100K, which eased their financial worries,and we got £25K. Had the drop goal gone the other way Fax would have had £75K less in 2011 and we would have had £75K more. They knocked us out of the NRC in the semi of 2011, but without that £75K maybe things would have been different?

It's not just £200K, it's a £400K reversal of pay-out between the 2nd & 3rd clubs, ie it also deprives one of our main rivals of an extra £200K, which could make a major difference to a club like Fax or Sheffield next year.

When Halifax won the 2010 GF they got £100K, which eased their financial worries,and we got £25K. Had the drop goal gone the other way Fax would have had £75K less in 2011 and we would have had £75K more. They knocked us out of the NRC in the semi of 2011, but without that £75K maybe things would have been different?

Fair points.

not peanuts BSJ , it will cover money spent getting rid of bastian

i noticed Annakin is in the wakey squad tomorrow, welcome to the world of DR lads...

He was in last weeks Wakey squad, so whats your point

My point being youve been bigging him up for the last 2 games and now it looks like hes playing for wakey tomorrow.