Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Sheffield predictions

59 posts in this topic

lets just hope we compete for 80 and hold a bit a structure,am sure or senior players will show the way forward and set the platform for a bit a flair and maybe even shock a few of with a win,then i woke up.. :rap:

Right, some deep insights amongst these contributions; DR has been a big let down for us on the whole, especially now. last season when Mullaley and Fairbank were playing regularly you could see that they wanted to be here, hence their responses in front of the fans when we beat both Leigh and Fev in play-offs, they were genuinely excited for us and seemed as though they belonged. This year, we've gone through more Dr's than our own players, for various reasons which are too bizarre to understand. Players who were DR'd to us have been pulled back and sent somewhere else, where's this 'entente cordial' between us and Giants disappeared to, it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread.Surely Giants aren't that badly off for players that they can't offer a couple each week, even getting first team players fit after injury or someone who is having a dip in form. When we lost all those players we all had our opinions about who we would and wouldn't miss and why, and how the new guys would fit in. Now we see that not many of those who left are actually getting picked week in week out by their new clubs, even allowing for injuries, some weren't getting in anyway, so whether it was just money, or they thought they were better than they actually were who knows. Right, to the actual topic in hand - I agree with most that the players don't actually leave the sheds with the attitude of not giving a damn, and knowing the stick they're going to return to. does the thought of that stick affect the way they perform, not trying anything too extraordinary in case of more failure. Well, try it, it can only improve things!! As far as Sheffield are concerned, how the hell do they support such a good side on even less support than us? Who's their money? They fill their team with these South Sea Islanders who are giants of men, how do they attract them, yet we can't? Yes, everybody in the game has given us credit over the past 5 seasons for the way we have battled and punched above our weight and thankfully and rightfully so. But credit don't win games, and despite Hirst turning up, who will add some steel to the defence I can't see it being enough of a fillip. Eagles by 20.

A good thread this, some really good contributions, not sure you should be so hard on the lads.    I could say a few words about our performances this season that would not be too glowing but prefer to give our lads encouragement, new recruits take a bit of time to gel and you can see there is a lot of quality in our ranks.   With regards to DR, you are not the most attractive location for the apprentices, half their game time is an uphill struggle, they are used to a level playing field.   I have not got the figures to hand but would be surprised if you have bigger gates than us but we do have a great chairman who understands accountancy and Mark Aston is a giant in the Rugby League world so attracts trainees.   Hope its a good game today and if you win, it will have been because our lads will be giving their all.

Right, some deep insights amongst these contributions; DR has been a big let down for us on the whole, especially now. last season when Mullaley and Fairbank were playing regularly you could see that they wanted to be here, hence their responses in front of the fans when we beat both Leigh and Fev in play-offs, they were genuinely excited for us and seemed as though they belonged. This year, we've gone through more Dr's than our own players, for various reasons which are too bizarre to understand. Players who were DR'd to us have been pulled back and sent somewhere else, where's this 'entente cordial' between us and Giants disappeared to, it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread.Surely Giants aren't that badly off for players that they can't offer a couple each week, even getting first team players fit after injury or someone who is having a dip in form. When we lost all those players we all had our opinions about who we would and wouldn't miss and why, and how the new guys would fit in. Now we see that not many of those who left are actually getting picked week in week out by their new clubs, even allowing for injuries, some weren't getting in anyway, so whether it was just money, or they thought they were better than they actually were who knows. Right, to the actual topic in hand - I agree with most that the players don't actually leave the sheds with the attitude of not giving a damn, and knowing the stick they're going to return to. does the thought of that stick affect the way they perform, not trying anything too extraordinary in case of more failure. Well, try it, it can only improve things!! As far as Sheffield are concerned, how the hell do they support such a good side on even less support than us? Who's their money? They fill their team with these South Sea Islanders who are giants of men, how do they attract them, yet we can't? Yes, everybody in the game has given us credit over the past 5 seasons for the way we have battled and punched above our weight and thankfully and rightfully so. But credit don't win games, and despite Hirst turning up, who will add some steel to the defence I can't see it being enough of a fillip. Eagles by 20.

As I understand it, the eagles have a "special relationship" with a local college, that allows them to circumnavigate visa restrictions, hence the steady supply of exciting south seas talent - and of course you don't need DR under those circumstances.

But you still have to pay them!

:\

But you still have to pay them!

:\

mmmm| ! So you have. ;)

As I understand it, the eagles have a "special relationship" with a local college, that allows them to circumnavigate visa restrictions, hence the steady supply of exciting south seas talent - and of course you don't need DR under those circumstances.

Some of these degree courses must go on for a while.

There is no special link up with the college, we dont actually pay them that much, we have just been lucky to find a loyal bunch of lads especially given the double your money wages Leigh were offering in the close season. 

We have arguably the best sponsorship and corporate efforts in the league, and our crowds havent stooped below 600 for a league game, winning the Grand Final two years in a row also brings a bit of cash!

There is no special link up with the college, we dont actually pay them that much, we have just been lucky to find a loyal bunch of lads especially given the double your money wages Leigh were offering in the close season. 

We have arguably the best sponsorship and corporate efforts in the league, and our crowds havent stooped below 600 for a league game, winning the Grand Final two years in a row also brings a bit of cash!

Not suggesting any impropriety brummie, but whenever we try to sign on south sea Islanders, there are visa issues - not something the eagles seem to have a problem with. I was led to believe this was because of an arrangement you had with the college in question, who would be able to get them here on student visas. I confess to a degree of jealousy here. ;)