Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Confirmation on New Featherstone Coach

30 posts in this topic

Confirms what has been said for a while. Thanks for the message. Good to hear from you again.

There will be a lot of unhappy fans with this official appointment although we knew last week so some may of got used to the idea but it is the clubs fault as we were getting an experienced coaching team

Does anyone know if he has brought anyone with him

No matter now we all have to back the appointment and support the players starting Sunday and lets get back to playing some good rugby

Hay Hay,my my

Featherstone Rovers can never die

There's more to the picture

Than meets the eye

Hay Hay,my my

very underwhelmed with this appointment, now was the time to make a statement of intent, if Fev had appointed Justin Morgan or Keiron Purtill (assistant at Hudds) or even Tony Rea,  as a Leigh fan i would have been worried with the squad you have.

He must have something, he's never been out of the SL scene both as player and coach. Highly rated by someone by the looks of his employment record

He was interacting well with everyone this evening from what I saw

• Qu

He was interacting well with everyone this evening from what I saw

not bothered if he's interacting Mo, is he intercoaching ;)

ote

He must have something, he's never been out of the SL scene both as player and coach. Highly rated by someone by the looks of his employment record

JB's employment record was pretty impressive,,,,,,,

Hay Hay,my my

Featherstone Rovers can never die

There's more to the picture

Than meets the eye

Hay Hay,my my

now just given it a nufge, I think a full blasting of the original will be in order on the way to work this morning.

I hear the mighty Featherstone will be floated on the stock exchange next week

With their announcement of investment,experienced New coach and teaming up with a top super league side

Shares can be bought by searching

LAUGHING STOCK!!!!!!

If carling did comedy ;) LOL

Oh dear neil...... is that ya best???

I expected much better! :lol: :lol:

now just given it a nufge, I think a full blasting of the original will be in order on the way to work this morning.

Oddly enough it had the same affect on me. Nothing beats a bit of Live Rust to wake you up!

Oh hurricane blaring out full tilt. ... proper mood lifter on the way to work

Hiya robin lol

There can't be one Featherstone fan still filled with the excitement of a couple of week back with the big announcements

And it's all got downhill ever since.

Even the most one eyes rose tinted lopsided fev fan must be appalled.

Leigh's title then mate ;)

Oh big time. They are a good side tho I hear dews made a fight of it onvsunday :lol:

The PR side of things have been "interesting" haven't they. :lol:

JB's employment record was pretty impressive,,,,,,,

Indeed it was LTS but only as a head of youth. He had never coached SL players whereas Andy Hay has been an international player at that level and coached consistently for several years also. He must have been well thought of by someone.

I see plenty of derogatory comments about AH but are they based on first hand experience of his coaching? Other than maybe Nobby, which ready made established SL coach was available and willing to come to Fev?

I don't know whether he's any good or not but we were only ever going to get a SL assistant at best I'd say

Salford went for a SL assistant too, only time will tell here

You have a very good squad that isn't far off so he has the tools and if he can get a 10% improvement you will come top two comfortably

Rugby press was right then.

Decision made - now need to get behind the coach and team. The proof in the pudding...............

Rugby press was right then.

Decision made - now need to get behind the coach and team. The proof in the pudding...............

Pudding

Very apt

;)

Congratulations Andy on your appointment to arguably the best championship side in the last four years; Theres only one side above us in the league this time out; Quite an impressive record for a tiny pit village that by the way attracts the most fans in this league; Most other championship chairmen love it when their home fixture with Rovers is due cos of the money factor with our wonderful away support; The hard work starts now and I for one am looking forward to the new era; There are some great sides in the championship and theres still plenty of excitement to unfold;

Oh big time. They are a good side tho I hear dews made a fight of it onvsunday :lol:

The PR side of things have been "interesting" haven't they. :lol:

PR... Very interesting

Didn't realise Moe,curly & Larry

had set up business ;)

And there was me thinking you'd Nick Morrison off us... I'm heartbroken

The Morrison circus would fit in well

at Featherstone... As it said in the press release theirs no ego's at Featherstone

So there would have been room for theirs to grow further lol ;)

TBH robin thought your lot were a bit more savvy and not as naive

Well you learn somert everyday ;)

Oddly enough it had the same affect on me. Nothing beats a bit of Live Rust to wake you up!

and coming home...... shelter me from the powder and the finger.