Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

Town vs fev

77 posts in this topic

Why is Connor not taking any kicks?

Murphy just took a drop out and hardly got it to the 40 metre line.

That would be one point back from the ones lost on the ledger ...

Stack scores for Town with 2 and a half mins left, now 26 -20

Fev score in last seconds - 32 -20 fulltime

Final score 32-20, got to be happy with that, if someone had offered us a BP before kick off we'd have taken it. Good effort from the lads, onwards and upwards.

That is definitely a point back from the ones lost . Nothing there last year . Need to win next week now and stop that gap growing from the top 8 . Keep shackled to haven and dewsbury and Cougars , and make it all tight so there's a few clubs sweating .

Excellent bonus point and good to see us scoring tries against a side like fev. Sounds like most tries were scored out wide too, which is novel for us.

Yes, definitely an excellent bonus point and the lads put everything to earn it. Team Manager, Brian Ritson sounded disappointed when he said that this was a game we could have won but there won't be many win at Fev.

Well done town, I honestly didn't think we would get anything today. its a big bonus point away at fev.

Definitely look as though we've turned a corner. And with one of our best players missing. Bring on crusaders

Looks like ball movement and field kicking are gonna be a big thing for PV , and so I'd still think he'd be eyeing up a potent half who can give us that extra edge and smoothness ,and an outside back from Wigan when ever possible . It seems he wants it shifted out more so they're key spots for him to get full value for it . The mark of improvement is looking at games like this and fax and saying - heh , we could have won them with a bit more ! I That's what's encouraging under PV.

Your lads are a credit tothe side and the game. But for Will Sharpe's length of the field dash, I reckon you could have nicked it.  Well played, pity there weren't more of you at P O Road.

He's a SL winger . Couldn't handle him last year . Very little margins in this league this year below Leigh . Much more condensed quality wise . I would say three , perhaps four , players in key areas and we can be looking pretty much everyone in the eye . We see teams up the top end and they're just drilled in the basics , don't offer many gifts and have one or two go - to players . No one as yet is blowing you away . Bit exta potency and smarts in attack , and smoothness in the basics and the returns are there to be taken in this league . We've put consistent performances together lately as well , which we've really struggled with before . Must give confidence , especially when you match up to teams like Fev and Fax . Keep ticking the points over and you keep in the race .

Your lads are a credit tothe side and the game. But for Will Sharpe's length of the field dash, I reckon you could have nicked it. Well played, pity there weren't more of you at P O Road.

i think you have the normanton fans to thank for why there wasn't more town fans there. There a disgrace to rugby league and your area.

Looking at the team sheet , no Red or Olstrum today . Hopefully just a bit of shuffling around . Good experience for the two amateur lads . Could be figuring more in the second half of the term maybe.

i think you have the normanton fans to thank for why there wasn't more town fans there. There a disgrace to rugby league and your area.

There was no trouble.  The few Town fans mixed with the Fev fans and shouted and made a lot of noise.  Town were clapped off at the end by the Fev fans.

Town usually have a reasonable travelling contingent but I think the Normanton game put paid to that.