Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIGGY

Swinton Away 25/5/14

61 posts in this topic

Would maybe dispute your reference to "very well paid" in relation to Batley players, Terminator.

In the heady days pre-forums fans voiced their opinions of players literally, and often very loudly, and they still do. If you pay your money then you are entitled to voice your opinion of an individual's performance; plaudits and brickbats should be expected with equal fortitude.

am sure coach's dont pat every player on the back if they have played bad,theres plenty of players over the years took the flack and turned their game around for the good. best way to answer the batley  fans who have simply had an opinion  is to pick  up a win or two out these next few games. :bb:

???weres humptie dumpties barmy army gone too. :hunter:

Would maybe dispute your reference to "very well paid" in relation to Batley players, Terminator.

Maybe not compared to other clubs Fred, but on a pro rata basis they are still 'very well paid'.

massive game this one,i hope we manage to nick it as we have some big games coming up and a win might just set us up with some confidence, another loss and i reckon were dont for with a bottom 4 spot,we hav fev twice yet,fax,sheff,barra.keighley and rochdale all to come for us,a bonus point would do for me at the moment,.tell you what too how much have we missed jc and the yards that lad made this season. :ph34r:

COME ON THE DOGGIES. prove me wrong boys,>>>>> 22-8 to the lions,

stick to writing daft predctions

I think a few of you may have mis understood my comment. I am not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't put, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was just stating that if players read this forum and see what some people write it isn't hardy going to help our cause at this moment in time.

Anyways.. Back to winning ways today, confidence has been growing over the last few weeks. Long may that continue. Up the dogs!

Guess what! I'm going for a big win for the Dogs

Lions 10 - Dogs 28

Well done PM!  Your persistence paid off.  Numbers slightly off but margin almost spot on.

My god did we need that.

Its about time the top middle and bottom broke away.

Now which camp do we belong in

stick to writing daft predctions

:shout:  yep, about time too, just hope we can go on a winning spree now for a few weeks. :bb:

unless theres a few more players NOT due again... :pickeat: :pickeat:

I think a few of you may have mis understood my comment. I am not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't put, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was just stating that if players read this forum and see what some people write it isn't hardy going to help our cause at this moment in time.

Anyways.. Back to winning ways today, confidence has been growing over the last few weeks. Long may that continue. Up the dogs!

must have worked anyway ;)  Great HW double.

Much needed win today.

Much needed confidence booster ahead of a tough game next week at home to Featherstone and their cast of thousands.

Well done boys, one swallow doesnt make a summer, but we can be happy for another week at least.

We should 'bag' the players more often!

We only win when we bag them!

Better again today, the improvements continue, but thought that Swinton weren't up to much. Good to deny a bonus point too and put some space between the teams. Miles was flawless today and Leatherbarrow grew in confidence, despite his wayward pass and their try interception. It gives us a bit of hope for next week, though I can't see another tight game we have enjoyed for the last few years with Fev.

Windogs  I disagree with your statement "I was just stating that if players read this forum and see what some people write it isn't hardy going to help our cause at this moment in time".  The majority of players know how well or badly they are playing without needing to read a forum. 

In regards to todays game.The effort of the players against Swinton was excellent. There was more quality from the halfbacks and the team in general compared to the Sheffield game .Black is getting fitter every game whilst Leatherbarrow had his best game of the season. All 17 players put in a good shift today. 

I agree that the team is starting to play with more confidence and there appears to be a good attitude from the players. Lets hope it continues with the Featherstone game. Up the dogs!

Leatherbarrow was MOM for me. Had a great game. Him and Nicholson are both playing better with Black on the field. I hope Applegarth isn't out for too long.

League Express also gave MOM to Leatherbarrow.

Maybe there is a player in there after all.

I thought vinny's leap and catch of the high ball summed up the change in the team for me. A bit of concentration and the lions wouldn't have even scored.

Thought Jay Leary went well yesterday, looks a lot better at loose, and reminds me a bit like Tim spears. Goes about his business quietly but never misses a tackle and takes his share of carries!

Nico, Black and Leatherbarrow seem to be gaining an understanding of each other, just need to use Griffin a bit more cleverly now instead of him only touching the ball in our half!!

Plaudits to the team yesterday and well deserved Leatherbarrow finally showed us

why we signed him,but he now has to do it on a regular basis all teams fire when

their half backs dictate.

Thought the ref was very good too

He was very good, indicating a shoulder charge on O'Brien yet not issuing a red card or at the very least a sin bin for the lateness of the challenge.

He was very good, indicating a shoulder charge on O'Brien yet not issuing a red card or at the very least a sin bin for the lateness of the challenge.

I think everyone believes that a shoulder charge is a straight red after the rule that you can't do it was brought in. I don't believe this is the case? Every incident is different.

Shoulder charge is a penalty just like a head-high tackle. If it is deemed or suspected as being dangerous play then it can either go on report or be a red depending upon the referees view and opinion. It can't be a sin bin.