Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIGGY

Swinton Away 25/5/14

61 posts in this topic

He was very good, indicating a shoulder charge on O'Brien yet not issuing a red card or at the very least a sin bin for the lateness of the challenge.

I think he got it right. If I remember correctly Swindon scored from the resulting set?

Really enjoyed the effort from the team on Sunday and to pick up a priceless 3 pts. Thaught that was Leatherbarrows best game in a Batley shirt prepared to try off the cuff things and being a lot more creative.That was the player i expected to see when he signed for us . Finnigan another player who has struggled this season played well , also Improvements from several other players in the team . Its just the start and we have a long way to go but lets hope we have turned the corner. Well done to the team. Not many from Batley at the game at Leigh lets also hope that they were saving to come on  Sunday A daunting game against a improving Fev. but who knows ? cant see us winning but the same effort and commitment we saw on Sunday could make for a really interesting clash fingers crossed . Again well played Batley.

The point I was making was that the ref was far from very good.

Why? The Batley player commited a foul and was penalised? The right decision in his and my opinion. Surely you don't think the Batley player should have been sent off for it?

Really enjoyed the effort from the team on Sunday and to pick up a priceless 3 pts. Thaught that was Leatherbarrows best game in a Batley shirt prepared to try off the cuff things and being a lot more creative.That was the player i expected to see when he signed for us . 

I think everyone hoped this was the sort of performance we would see from him. However it is not always easy to come to a new club, with the majority of the other players also new and trying to fit in, and also have no settled half back partner. So now we have had a reasonably settled team for a couple of matches, together with Blacky playing alongside him and obviously taking some of the pressure off him, let's hope he can grow in confidence and start to influence matches.

Why? The Batley player commited a foul and was penalised? The right decision in his and my opinion. Surely you don't think the Batley player should have been sent off for it?

So you didn't consider the challenge late? and worthy of at least a sin bin, especially when we lost Peet towards the end of the game for dissent.

So you didn't consider the challenge late? and worthy of at least a sin bin, especially when we lost Peet towards the end of the game for dissent.

Why would it matter if the challenge was late?  A shoulder-charge is, in the same way as a high tackle, illegal, and therefore worthy of a penalty, whether late or otherwise.  The referee, if he deems there to be malicious intent should award a red card to the offender.  He signified the type of offence, but chose not to give a red card, presumably having considered there to be no such intent.  I don't get your last phrase.  Is there a rule that if you have a player named Peet, and he gets sent off for dissent, then all the other rules should be changed as a result?

It depends what he said to the ref too

there is no sin binning for the shoulder charge.......its a penalty.....on report or redcard....the ref thought it only worthy of a penalty.....and you scored from that set.....

This debate is going nowhere. Probably best that we just let it Peet-er out.

The point I was making was that the ref was far from very good.

You Marsh's are all the same always questioning the ref lol