Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIGGY

Jordan Burke / Ian Mort

27 posts in this topic

Notice that both of them don't seem to be getting games at the moment.  Would love them both back in a Swinton shirt

Think it needs to be seriously looked at to see if its viable for them to come back especially given our current predicament.

Not disagreeing but where would they be accommodated?

Are you suggesting that they would not get in the team ?

Wayne

Not sure ,Burke as far as I'm aware plays full back/Stand off .Would he get in ahead of Ritchie at FB and as Wire seem to have hit some form. I'd assume that GOB will be with us for the foreseeable future.Id suspect Mort would be accommodated in one of the back positions but not full back.Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

No disrespect but they would improve our current squad. IMO

It's all pretty immaterial in any case as I don't think we could get either of them. What we DO need is a fit Kev Penny and the motivation and enthusiasm that he brings with him. We need to see the team moral we saw at the beginning of the season, the lads whooping and clapping each other when we force a knock on, when we got into them quickly and forced an error, when we knocked them on their a###s!

The players need a lift from the crowd too. We need to roar like Lions and make the noise of a thousand. We need to lift them up to the heights we want them to be. Then they will unite as a team and start to win again.

Let's start Sunday!

It's all pretty immaterial in any case as I don't think we could get either of them. What we DO need is a fit Kev Penny and the motivation and enthusiasm that he brings with him. We need to see the team moral we saw at the beginning of the season, the lads whooping and clapping each other when we force a knock on, when we got into them quickly and forced an error, when we knocked them on their a###s!

The players need a lift from the crowd too. We need to roar like Lions and make the noise of a thousand. We need to lift them up to the heights we want them to be. Then they will unite as a team and start to win again.

Let's start Sunday!

I think the fans need a lift of the players

The last few games have been so difficult to watch mainly due to there predictable nature

So come on lads let's start Sunday, give us the liftwwe need and we will cheer to the last second.

Come on lions, it either starts Sunday or it probably finishes Sunday

Wayne

Jordans played stand off, fullback centre and wing mainly at Sheffield,whilst on loan

What is he doing at the moment Phil ?

Riggy

loyalion and Lancaster lions are right. lets get vocally fully behind the lions on sunday and they will be inspired to play without fear and hopefully play their game as we know they can, get the victory and carry this momentum going forward and play with confidence! we need each other to be successful so lets be positive in our attitude and support! be there in your numbers, be there in full voice and with positivity, be there early and encourage through the warm up and roar them back out onto the park at ko and if we all give of our best in terms of support and play then we will succeed!!! long live the lions. we shall not be moved. we will never die. massively positive support only on  sunday please!!!!!!!!!!!!! we can and indeed will stay up. believe!!! come on we aint far off the pace and leigh apart weve been in every game! we are staying up - I said we are staying up!!!

Back training Riggy with wolves /Swinton Hopefully playing weekend

Then good news and a quality addition.

Thanks Phil (and I'm not Riggy btw)!

Doncaster play a simple game all around Paul Cooke,forwards good yards 5th and last cook to kick, close him down as he's very slow ,they kick and run early so big pitch would suit them, work hard in defence and close Cooke down, we need to be expansive and kick early no penalties, wants they get on a roll they play the ball very fast so need to be switched on and sharp, and our markers need to be sharp and no penalties as they get alot from markers not being square, just my observations, but are beatable

Paul Cooke is certainly central to doncaster. A big game all the same as we need to pick the lads up and start picking up those wins.

Keeping the penalties and mistakes down seems to have proved difficult in recent weeks. I am sure they know that but seem to struggling to do anything about it on the pitch.