Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ernieone

Ref Sunday

42 posts in this topic

Batley Bulldogs v Featherstone Rovers

The LoveRugbyLeague.Com Stadium

Ref: J Cobb Touch J: J Ashton Touch J: M Griffiths Reserve: R Dolan M Com: D Asquith

New one one me

Thank God you've got j.Cobb we've had 3 times this season,we had him against Halifax on Sunday he's shocking!!!!

Hope he doesnt get the cobb on.

ill get my coat!

He only looks 12 we had him at Sheffield; (Fev)

saw him last season at the all golds and he wasn't that good , lots of messing about at the play the ball and let them get away with it

He's the worse we've had all season & that includes Thomason,Stokes & Turley so for m e that says it all!!!

He's the worse we've had all season & that includes Thomason,Stokes & Turley so for m e that says it all!!!

Worse than Stokes. I can't imagine what you'd have to do to be worse than Stokes. 

You won't be bored, that's for sure.

:rtfm:

He can't be any worse than the others can he?

Oh he is. The best part about him is his warm up routine. Watch it and you will see what I mean.

he makes rocking Ronnie laughton look good.....unfortunately this guy is absolutely atrocious bring back Ronnie !!

Haha young un. Can't beat merricks pre match warm up banter with the opposition fans haha what a total #####.

Ronnie laughtan no please I was chucked out of ground for calling him a pig he reported me haha.

Oh for goodness sake. Been watching Batley since 1948 and the refs have either been good (Batley win) or ###### (Batley lose). Nothing changes except the players and their performances.We have had plenty of class players and many of them have been talented enough to override poor refereeing performances. Talent comes and goes. In 60 years I have seen players who could have held their own in todays super league and others who just gave their all for the BRLFC cause.Lets not continue the 'ref was rubbish' please. Many where not up to what we thought they should be but were still a credit to their trade.

Oh for goodness sake. Been watching Batley since 1948 and the refs have either been good (Batley win) or ###### (Batley lose). Nothing changes except the players and their performances.We have had plenty of class players and many of them have been talented enough to override poor refereeing performances. Talent comes and goes. In 60 years I have seen players who could have held their own in todays super league and others who just gave their all for the BRLFC cause.Lets not continue the 'ref was rubbish' please. Many where not up to what we thought they should be but were still a credit to their trade.

Sense of humour bypass.

on the flip side thou, after all the lads do all week at work,and then all the hours on the training grounds and fitness rooms is it really so much to ask nowadays to have officials who can let the game flow but also keep things in check,far too many simple mistakes not only spoil games but can now cost another club points along with a big chunk a £££ at end a season, i know its up to the players to just get on with it but should they expect better from these officials.

Thought on balance that the game was allowed to flow by a good performance from the match officials.

Must put this for the last 2 home games had poor ref decsions cost us games. Sheffield scored whats was the winning score on the seventh tackle. Today there players arm was clearly down with contact the ref a.llowed play to continue which they scored from. Before someone say should have tackled before scoring thats not the point. 2 decsions have cost us 3 more points. Yet it seems we lose games by inempt refs who are not ready for this level is beyond me we are in the middle of relagation dogfight with refs that are ma.king calls that could end up getting us relegated.

Must put this for the last 2 home games had poor ref decsions cost us games. Sheffield scored whats was the winning score on the seventh tackle. Today there players arm was clearly down with contact the ref a.llowed play to continue which they scored from. Before someone say should have tackled before scoring thats not the point. 2 decsions have cost us 3 more points. Yet it seems we lose games by inempt refs who are not ready for this level is beyond me we are in the middle of relagation dogfight with refs that are ma.king calls that could end up getting us relegated.

I agree the referee made an error with the try you are referring to in todays game but it did not cost Batley the game. The first 15 minutes cost Batley the game when all Batley did was give away silly penalties, made errors with the ball in hand and missed tackles which gave Featherstone a 10-0 lead. 

After that Batley gave Featherstone a good game which included winning the second half playing up the slope and picking up a bonus point which is a good result.