Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tuutaisrambo

Nahaboo speaks as club prepares to unveil new Super League signings

109 posts in this topic

I applaud the moves being made by your club this season and in recent seasons past. However, why do they have to keep referencing Leigh in the announcements? It gives the impression that they are catching up, rather than leading the way!

well done Mr Nahaboo. he's not prepared to let things go quiet. we have just got over the business with the coach, and he gives us this to ponder and debate, and when this goes quiet we will get the main announcement. he's keeping fev in the news. the man knows what he's doing, more power to his elbow. viva la fevolution.

I applaud the moves being made by your club this season and in recent seasons past. However, why do they have to keep referencing Leigh in the announcements? It gives the impression that they are catching up, rather than leading the way!

I think it's an acknowledgement that Leigh have leap-frogged us, at least for the moment. I see Leigh fans gleefully commenting on our references to them all over the social media, but what are Fev supposed to do, bury their head in the sand and pretend we are still top of the table?

Personally I think Leigh have potentially done us (and other Championship clubs with aspirations) a massive favour with their improvement this year, though obviously they have done themselves an even bigger one, and good luck to them, they have recruited extremely well. Had they remained where they are or gone backwards this year, Fev would probably be top of the league and pottering along under Bastian as if all were well, whereas in reality we have come up short of expectations this season. Leigh have probably been helped by the fact that several of the supposed main contenders have either made no progress this year or gone backwards (us, Sheffield, Fax and Batley) but they have clearly improved massively and it's up to others to respond to that. I have no problem with our board acknowledging that. After all, other clubs have put a target on our backs in previous seasons and Leigh are in pole position now.

any ideas? UP THE ROVERS!

Going on Holiday this weekend, on the eve of arguably the most important week in the clubs recent history...and no phone signal to boot! argghhhh!

Personally I find the statement a bit cringeworthy. Grandiose comments that fuel our opposition and are a source of amusement to some fans of other clubs.

The commitment the club is proposing is one I hope we have funds to cover, otherwise we are vulnerable.... big time.

Why do I feel cautious and extremely apprehensive about all these press releases???

Personally I find the statement a bit cringeworthy. Grandiose comments that fuel our opposition and are a source of amusement to some fans of other clubs.

The commitment the club is proposing is one I hope we have funds to cover, otherwise we are vulnerable.... big time.

Why do I feel cautious and extremely apprehensive about all these press releases???1

Why do I feel cautious and extremely apprehensive about all these press releases???

I don't think it is cringeworthy, and I admire what your club is doing, I just don't understand the need to continue to reference Leigh. What they have done recently does not remotely compare to what your club have achieved and I see no reason for it.

Statements about statements? I much prefer statements to be announced when they happen and then we don't end up with egg on our faces; Then on the other hand Fax are bemoaning that they never hear anything from their board..so which one do we prefer?; UP THE ROVERS;

I just don't understand the need to continue to reference Leigh. What they have done recently does not remotely compare to what your club have achieved and I see no reason for it.

this is true but what happens over the next 18 months will have a much more significant long-term impact than finishing top of the league 4 years in a row did. The stakes have been changed dramatically.

I don't believe anything on that statement. Last year, a statement was given out that we would have some full time players for this year. Believe it when I see it.

As for the Superleague players, they won't be highly noticeable players. Unders 20's from Superleague teams more like.

what about players like ellis and worthington etc. that are going out into the schools and local community, aren't they full time

Serious question - if 6 more come in next week, how many players have you got on the books now?

And we'll easily beat you Sweaty with all them on the field at Leigh lol;

Chisholm gone

Sunley gone

Roche gone

Smeaton out injured

Nicholson out for season

Heard Fox gone

2 of squad gone to Aus

So if 6 come in the squad is no bigger than the start of the season

Chisholm gone

Sunley gone

Roche gone

Smeaton out injured

Nicholson out for season

Heard Fox gone

2 of squad gone to Aus

Hirst out on loan

Tommy coming back

Im a bit with Robin on this one. We (Leigh) had a press conference last night to confirm 2 more FT players in the 1st team and one in the reserves. Paul Rowley just confirmed as coach for 3 years too.

Leigh and Rovers are leading the way, but press conferences are supposed to be 'live' and proactive rather than speculative.

I am sure it will happen though, but it will be interesting to see the calibre of the names SL players once announced.

And we'll easily beat you Sweaty with all them on the field at Leigh lol;

It will be a low scoring affair against our 68

An announcement about an announcement to be made in private. Yes, very news worthy, why not just wait till next week's news conference?

As with Koucash it's all getting a bit like the boy who cried wolf.......

An announcement about an announcement to be made in private. Yes, very news worthy, why not just wait till next week's news conference?

As with Koucash it's all getting a bit like the boy who cried wolf.......

I'm assuming these press releases are intended to raise profile and increase positivity.

They are having the opposite effect on me at the mo.

I can't help shaking my head at some of the content.

You no what they say no news is good news but a little go's a long way

Chisholm gone

Sunley gone

Roche gone

Smeaton out injured

Nicholson out for season

Heard Fox gone

2 of squad gone to Aus

Hirst out on loan

Tommy coming back

Also add Liam Walmsley to the list I noticed he played for the under 20's last week at Keighley.

I'm assuming these press releases are intended to raise profile and increase positivity.

They are having the opposite effect on me at the mo.

I can't help shaking my head at some of the content.

I'm sure they are Robin, but as with the boy and the wolf, keep making them without actually saying anything, no one's going to be interested when you actually announce something of substance.