Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forwardpass

Siddal v west hull

53 posts in this topic

Can't wait to show this siddal side a proper hit! Me running off kermos left shoulder is unstoppable, break any defence!

Anyone in the local area wanting a good afternoons entertainment on Saturday could do worse than watching Siddal v West Hull ko 2.30pm at reactive park,top 2 in the league,long time rivals,plus on the top field Siddal Acadamy v York Acorn ko 2.00 pm.....

Wests will be missing one of the stalwart supporters the one and only Jimmy Lloyd he has flown the coup and gone on holiday clubhouse should be quite full then sidsmudge with four teams plus spectators see you all tomorrow

The Sbomb wasnt lying!!! They cudnt handle him. Or kermo's 60 yarder.

Wud it have been if siddal had won today?

Siddal 10-West hull 26......great game played in the right spirit  for 79 minutes before a massive crowd,..farcial start with wests forgetting there kit  ,having to lend an old white siddal kit for 1sthalf....wests dominated 1st half going into the sheds 24-0  up,faultless performance ,well drilled  in which wests played the perfect game, Siddal rallied last 10 mins to make the score semi respectful....last min all kicked off twice with Siddal having 2 sent off n wests 1 which put a dampner on the game , but  all in all a top game and Siddal will welcome the west hull lads in the league in September............bet u had a great journey home rammo .....bastards ..ha ha ha ...winners r grinners ..

Yes, this was brought in to replace, one of the best cup comps in ametuer sport, waste of time and money, especially the latter, you may know or not teams are on the brink, of financial ruin, reason, society change, compounded by the disasterus move to summer.

A national cup does need reviving, ten years ago there was 2 factions mainly in the world of RL, the RFL and Barla, now there seems to be several entities all with delusions of grandeur

for my mind i believe west hull are currently the top team in the amateur game in the UK but maybe Sharlston would argue otherwise, for me the national cup had a element of prestige that the NCL cup doesn't, and that's no disrespect to teams playing in the cup, partly because some teams want to enter, some don't, and some do until they see the cup draw! maybe when the NCL Prem is dropped to 12 teams then they can look at making room for clubs to enter a truly national cup but no doubt power struggles and ego's may stop that happening

I would not of give them a kit!!!!!!!!!! Could not get down to the game today due to work. Did sean play?

That was mentioned a few time in clubhouse after game that siddal should not have lent them a kit,made them play in skins...but what would that prove ?

That was mentioned a few time in clubhouse after game that siddal should not have lent them a kit,made them play in skins...but what would that prove ?

I'd like to mention something i heard in the club house after the game. One of the siddal players who will remain un named at this time said to me that he was instructed by the siddal coach to cause a mass brawl by trying to "fill" kerman in.

that is disgusting at any level/age and has no place in rugby league. And wants reporting!! What coach does that??

sad mick don't talk out of your a###...79 mins with no foul play,unfortunate it happened in last minute....2 great teams !!!

yeah ok then, must have been hearing things then, my mistake.

Got to agree with what you have written sidsmudge great entertaining match up to the last minute before the fights started and if what SM has added it's the fault of your coach and seeing Kermo wasn't filled in 3lads were sent off for nothing bit silly really, hope he is happy about that he really has got to stop his sulking and the trip back to Hull was non stop laughter

I know Gareth Greenwood wasn't happy when Kirman kicked the ball into his face!That seemed to kick off the brawling!That happened with about 5 minutes to go? I thought Kirmans kicking game was outstanding especially his 40/20 efforts which lifted West Hull and drove them forward.Best game i have seen this season.

Turns out siddal can't play rugby or fight... I was by far the hardest kid on the field and should have never got a red card!!!

There is still a chance of the sides meeting 3 times more this season.A win for Siddal in the last 2 and the others will be forgotten

Can't see siddal beating west hull this year not smart enough.

Time will tell kerman,

west hull are in a fortunate at the moment were they can pay players and have recruited a lot of east hulls top players, they seem to have a big squad and a lot of talent, however no one wins trophies in July, I'm sure them and siddal will be right up there come the end of the season,

Let's put things in perspective, yes west hull are the best side at this stage of the season. If they pay players, and the rest don't, then they should. Be. Last year they won a devalued competition, not only by the farcical extra time, fiasco, but by the fact, they allegedly pay, for what it's worth I have never heard anyone from west hull, argue this not been the case. So ametuer teams it's up to you to prove that you can win without cheating.and win the grand final, then you will be true champions.