Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Drifter

London RL Depth

67 posts in this topic

Edited the post with the new information.

Just heard a rumour that Staines Titans have folded, leaving a five team London Prem League.

Just heard a rumour that Staines Titans have folded, leaving a five team London Prem League.

Not folded but withdrawn from Premier I believe. Juniors still in action and I think open age might play Entry League?

I thought something was up when I saw the referee appointments for this weekend.  Wests have taken over this weekend's fixture but I've had no response to my question as to whether they'll take over the fixtures for the rest of the season.

I thought something was up when I saw the referee appointments for this weekend. Wests have taken over this weekend's fixture but I've had no response to my question as to whether they'll take over the fixtures for the rest of the season.

Wests haven't taken over this weeks fixture and won't going forward from what I hear ... Would you?

Bit of a lose lose situation!

It was a suggestion apparently that they may be able to take on the fixtures but they couldnt play every week as the club have other things arranged on several weekends.

All sweetness and light in the expansion areas then

Well, yes and no I suppose, speaking from a St Albans point of view.  On the up side we have enough players to run two senior teams and three junior ones, and every one of the seniors, bar three ex pat northerners, is  a local lad.   On the down side, the difference in playing standards between clubs in the same league is the problem.

The question now is whether Staines' games are expunged or whether they're all set to walkovers.  For fairness purposes, I'd presume expunging the records.

From the looks of it, Esher pulled out of another game in Div 1.

The question now is whether Staines' games are expunged or whether they're all set to walkovers.  For fairness purposes, I'd presume expunging the records.

From the looks of it, Esher pulled out of another game in Div 1

Just had a look on the London RFL site and the Staines games have been removed from the league table.

Aren't they missing a result?  Rhinos/Cents from 31st May?

Even though it's a shame they had to do it I think it's good Staines admitted they'd made a mistake. I've known clubs insist they can stay in the league and endlessly mess everyone around calling off games and show no remorse for it. Be interesting to see how next season goes as on the face of it North Herts Crusaders should be team 6 (on field I'd say St Ives but North Herts have better strength of club) but I also think the overall structure needs looking at to decide if this is the best model.

The question now is whether Staines' games are expunged or whether they're all set to walkovers. For fairness purposes, I'd presume expunging the records.

From the looks of it, Esher pulled out of another game in Div 1.

Esher have pulled out of tomorrow's game by the looks of it

It appears Elmbridge have forfeited their final 2 games which really isn't good news

Not surprised.  They're in a lot of trouble at Open Age level.