Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blind side johnny

Dewsbury 48 Swinton 6 - discussion, highlights

206 posts in this topic

RL has had issues but a drop in the ocean compared to cycling. It's an endemic issue any comparison to RL is frankly laughable.

The clubs in a no win situation here.However if they put it to a Friday its the same people that will suffer again.It seems its a group that want to do something else and want the rugby moved to fit in with their plans.How many other events will be played in Yorkshire that weekend are they all been moved.??

The TdF will be massive. My house is literally on the route and the level of interest is beyond anything I have seen. Just about every village is having a festival, ours in fact is having a 3 day event. Don't under-estimate the wider appeal bearing in mind it is free to watch and only a short drive on the Sunday to see the event pass by.

The clubs in a no win situation here.However if they put it to a Friday its the same people that will suffer again.It seems its a group that want to do something else and want the rugby moved to fit in with their plans.How many other events will be played in Yorkshire that weekend are they all been moved.??

Disingenuous in the extreme Equalizer! If you had read my posts you would know that my concerns lie with the impact upon the club itself due to the potential for a low attendance, and not with my personal circumstances. To state that this is simply due to selfishness as you imply is completely unacceptable.

To answer you other question, only one other RL match is being played in West Yorkshire on that date this being Bulls vs Catalans.

Some use that is. I will be camping out at that time of night in readiness for the TdF!

any special promotions for the game?? i cant make friday now,on holiday so i hope the club are going to try sort some of promotion out to boost the crowd!?? 

You can't please everyone.

My preference is for RL and I'd go as far as saying this will always win over other sports, no matter how big the event is.

At least the club have made the announcement 4 weeks before, enough time for those that don't have pre booked arrangements to get to the revised kick off.

THE GAME NOW CLASHES WITH AN ENGLAND WORLD CUP QUARTER FINAL!!!! THINK WEL BE LOOKING AT A LOT WORSE CROWD FOR THE FRIDAY THAN A SUNDAY NOW IF ENGLAND MAKE THE QUARTERS...... WEL LOSE MORE WATCHING ENGLAND IN FOOTBALLTHAN A STUPID BIKE RACE!!!!! ENGLAND MAKE THE QUARTERS IM AFRAID ITS 200 CROWD,IF THAT!! WHERE AS A SUNDAY WOULD BE ALOT LOT MORE!!! POOR CHOICE BY THE CLUB IF ENGLAND GET TO QUARTERS..... DID WE ACTUALLY CONSIDER THIS BEFORE THE STUPID BIKE RACE???? THANKS TO THE WINGE BRIGADE, YOUVE ALL PROBS LOST CLUB AFEW HUNDRED ON GATE NOW IF ENGLAND MAKE QUARTERS...... WELDONE

...and so it begins...

IM NOT BLAMING THE CLUB THOUGH... WHY DO YOU THINK THEY IS NO SUPERLEAGUE GAMES ON THAT NIGHT? BECAUSE IT CLASHES WITH A ENGLAND WORLDCUP QUARTER. I just think people on here a part of the reason wev changed the date. If england make the quarters i can assure you wel get far less on the friday than on a sunday, when tour de ###### france is on. Either way the club cant win, but i do believe wev made the wrong call

England should make quarters too if we get out of our tough group. the last 16 game would be against a lesser natiion before the big guns in the quarters.

i know you're not blaming the club.

there was grumbling when the game was on sunday at 3.00pm and there's grumbling now it's on friday at 8.00pm. just as i predicted!!

to be fair, it will be pretty manic along the TDF route on saturday and sunday, and that's not including the closures that there'll be. if i was a swinton fan i'd not bother travelling across on a saturday or sunday for that exact reason.

friday is far from ideal but what are the other options? this game has to be played and apart from the challenge cup final we have no blank weekends.

i know you're not blaming the club.

there was grumbling when the game was on sunday at 3.00pm and there's grumbling now it's on friday at 8.00pm. just as i predicted!!

to be fair, it will be pretty manic along the TDF route on saturday and sunday, and that's not including the closures that there'll be. if i was a swinton fan i'd not bother travelling across on a saturday or sunday for that exact reason.

friday is far from ideal but what are the other options? this game has to be played and apart from the challenge cup final we have no blank weekends.

I just dont think wev looked at the bigger picture here. Firstly swinton never bring more than 50 fans, so whatever date we choose we dont  lose out away fan wise.. However, If we play on sunday wel lose 1-200 tops with tour de france, we could of got that back by bringing the bring a mate for a fiver voucher bck for just the swinton game. Wel get a crowd of below 100 on a friday night if england make the quarter finals, which they should, should we qualify from our group. I think the lads wouldrather play infront of 600 than less than 100! All depends on what england do in the group but i dont think wev looked at the bigger picture here at all.... BSJ and the TDF followers, you cant tell me wel lose more for the sunday match with TDF than a friday kickoff clashing with an ENGLAND WCQF... The countries a huge football nation... more into football than bikes...?? Yes i know we all want whats best but i believe wev made a BIG MISTAKE HERE

I just dont think wev looked at the bigger picture here. Firstly swinton never bring more than 50 fans, so whatever date we choose we dont  lose out away fan wise.. However, If we play on sunday wel lose 1-200 tops with tour de france, we could of got that back by bringing the bring a mate for a fiver voucher bck for just the swinton game. Wel get a crowd of below 100 on a friday night if england make the quarter finals, which they should, should we qualify from our group. I think the lads wouldrather play infront of 600 than less than 100! All depends on what england do in the group but i dont think wev looked at the bigger picture here at all.... BSJ and the TDF followers, you cant tell me wel lose more for the sunday match with TDF than a friday kickoff clashing with an ENGLAND WCQF... The countries a huge football nation... more into football than bikes...?? Yes i know we all want whats best but i believe wev made a BIG MISTAKE HERE

NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE LOVE THE RAMS , AN ENGLAND WCQF CLASH WITH A RAMS MATCH OR ANYOTHER TEAMS MATCH  WOULD BE A DISASTROUS CROWD FOR US AND THE LATTER. ALOT WORSE THAN TDF...

Couildnt run a booze up in a brothel serve em right if only the teams turn up.Trouble is weve too many indians..The top man should have looked at it and made the decision.Cant believe weve swoped a bike race for firstly rugby and secondly England( fingers crossed)Its the same every time a few spoil it for the rest.Theres no reason why we couldnt kick off at a later time on Sunday.If the paymasters would have asked for an 1800 ko we would have beeen jumping through hoops. UNLESS THE QUARTER FINAL KICKS OFF AFTER THE GAME FINISHES AND WE CAN GET IT ON IN THE BAR.IN THAT CASE FAIR PLAY.

HERES THE PROBLEM...............If we finish 1st place in the group and win the last 16 match,our quarter would be saturday night at 21.00 kickoff. BUT!!! if we finish in 2nd place in our group and win our last 16 game( more than likely,  wel meet either greece, ivory coast, colombia or japan in the last 16, so winnable)), wel play friday night against most probs germany holland spain or portugal at 21.00, CLASING WITH RAMS V SWINTON AT 20.00... UNLESS THE CLUB MOVE THE KICKOFF TO 19.00, RATHER THAN 20.00... SHOULD THE QUARTER FINAL CLASH WITH OUR GAME.. 

england have not made the QFs yet (although i hope they do).

if there is a clash then i'm sure the club will arrange something allowing fans to watch the england game post or pre-match.

THE GAME NOW CLASHES WITH AN ENGLAND WORLD CUP QUARTER FINAL!!!! THINK WEL BE LOOKING AT A LOT WORSE CROWD FOR THE FRIDAY THAN A SUNDAY NOW IF ENGLAND MAKE THE QUARTERS...... WEL LOSE MORE WATCHING ENGLAND IN FOOTBALLTHAN A STUPID BIKE RACE!!!!! ENGLAND MAKE THE QUARTERS IM AFRAID ITS 200 CROWD,IF THAT!! WHERE AS A SUNDAY WOULD BE ALOT LOT MORE!!! POOR CHOICE BY THE CLUB IF ENGLAND GET TO QUARTERS..... DID WE ACTUALLY CONSIDER THIS BEFORE THE STUPID BIKE RACE???? THANKS TO THE WINGE BRIGADE, YOUVE ALL PROBS LOST CLUB AFEW HUNDRED ON GATE NOW IF ENGLAND MAKE QUARTERS...... WELDONE

Oh de ar! There's no pleasing some people is there. Forget the football Chris, what comes first, watching Dewsbury play Rugby League, the Greatest Game, or that round ball nonsense, which when you've seen one, you've seen all the third rate acting there is? They have even given it a girly name, the 'Beautiful Game'.

I find it comical

If the club were minesweepers

We'd be blown up at every step

Foresight beggars belief 99% of the time

I don't care if it's Friday or Sunday

if I'm available I'll go

If I'm not I won't go

Maybe a few more folk will remember when it comes to stumping up the commitment of a season ticket next season

My decision already been made.

England football. Now that is BORING!

Maybe heckler.... but the crowd will be alot worse on a friday clashing with England making a WCQF appearance, than playing sunday and clashing with TDF... I miss fridays match due to my holiday( holiday planned around fixtures so i didnt miss a home match), but that i can live  with, i just think weve made the terrible choice, if england make the QF on the friday..... WEL GET BELOW 200 IF THAT, IF WE CLASH WITH ENGAND... Whoevers made the fixture change clearly doesnt have a clue and asnt considerd the WC

Maybe heckler.... but the crowd will be alot worse on a friday clashing with England making a WCQF appearance, than playing sunday and clashing with TDF... I miss fridays match due to my holiday( holiday planned around fixtures so i didnt miss a home match), but that i can live  with, i just think weve made the terrible choice, if england make the QF on the friday..... WEL GET BELOW 200 IF THAT, IF WE CLASH WITH ENGAND... 

It was less than 100 on your previous post CTR; keep going.

;)

It was less than 100 on your previous post CTR; keep going.

;)

i dont mind missing the match BSJ, just think if we clash with an ENG WCQF the crowd will be an embarrasment