Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jannerboyuk

Amnrl finally dead?

39 posts in this topic

maybe not right away but it should be a requirement for a club to make happen, say with in 3 years. and what the RIR and the clubs up north are doing with starting a youth league is a great plan. teach kids at a young age abour rugby league. so that after college or earlier they already know about the sport and could still pick it up. vs starting from scratch. 

I actually think the problem is the teams are actually too far apart.  For instance, wouldn't the New York metro area be better served with a smaller amateur league?  There are several leagues just for other "niche" sports like cricket and soccer and yet there's not even one for RL.  Just doesn't make sense to me.

I think the trouble with comparing RL to cricket and soccer is that for those games you can pretty much just show up and play. With regards to RL, the collisions are so intense that you'd be crazy to just show up and play. So you are either asking for a greater time commitment from people to get to practices (Not easy in today's world) or asking them to risk getting hurt by just showing up and not really knowing what they are doing. 

Is there a chance in the future that the season will be longer? It seems too short for me, I'd like to see a 5 month season if possible. 

I think its goanna happen. maybe extended by a few more weeks I could see regular season going to 12 weeks or so. even if usarl gets teams from Midwest/ west coast itll be smart to split the league and just have teams play 2-4 cross over games and champion from west and east play for final. vs everyone plays everyone.

Hi sjrugby ,

Recently we d a Rugby League World Cup. The USA team  that played was largely made up of players from Australia to make it more competitive . Is this a way forward to promote the game in the USA?

its good attempt. but no it is not. how can you promote a unknown game to Americans when in reality you aren't using any americans to represent there own country let alone even live in the same states , neighbor hoods and blocks as me and you. now if they where to use Australian Americans who have lived her and played in the AMNRL & USARL then sure i could see it help pick up steam. this past WC is prime example. sure it got some blurb here and there but no one really cared because once people noticed it wasnt really americans but some silly rule because they where ether born or there great grandma was from usa they can represent usa no one cared.

any news form any amrnl team?

Most of their Facebook pages have not been updated this year.  If any have been, then I have not seen them.  Indeed, Curtis Cunz does not mention being President of the AmNRL on his linkedin page:

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=6707942&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=oYkO&locale=en_US&srchid=126782881404367036459&srchindex=1&srchtotal=1&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A126782881404367036459%2CVSRPtargetId%3A6707942%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

I guess we will see, what ever clubs are hasn't folded, join at end of usarl season or during the off season leading up to 2015

I guess we will see, what ever clubs are hasn't folded, join at end of usarl season or during the off season leading up to 2015

Chicago notified me via twitter that they are in contact with usarl to join next season and iowa already said they plan to join also

this is dumb, okay i can understand maybe the players part but 1) the ensuring that a player is kept the captian should be tossed out, that choice should be left up to the Head coach 2) the coaching staff was part of the old regime not the new GB. if the usarl wants someone from AMERICA or any of the clubs here in the states they should be able to versus being handicapped by a staff that they didnt want.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/parramatta-eels-star-joseph-paulos-role-as-us-tomahawks-captain-under-threat-as-amnrl-bows-out-20140814-103zlz.html#ixzz3APaDdESS