Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scubby

Bradford's appeal - What will happen?

Bradford's Appeal   33 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result of Bradford's appeal against points deduction?

• No change (stay at 6pt deduction)
    • Get 2 points back (4pt deduction)
    • Get 4 points back (2pt deduction)
    • Get all 6 points back

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

112 posts in this topic

No slanging matches please. Just an opinion on whether Bradford will be given a lifeline with some points returned on appeal? I think they may get a couple of points back - leaving them on 4pts going into the last dozen games. Just my view. I have no axe to grind or preference either way.

I hope they get none back, if only to give London at least a vague chance of no finishing bottom...

Maybe another 10 points deducted should do it. And some from Wakefield for good measure! :laugh:

I'd be interested to know why people believe they will get any back - I haven't voted becasue I genuinely have no clue and, unless you're inviolved in this specifically I don't know how anybdy else can have a clue either

I'd be interested to know why people believe they will get any back - I haven't voted becasue I genuinely have no clue and, unless you're inviolved in this specifically I don't know how anybdy else can have a clue either

Only reason is that I believe clubs have had 4 point deductions (maybe on appeal) instead of 6 in the recent past.

Personally I don't think we will get any points back at all. But then I don't know that much about it really. There could be more to it than it seems.

I'm prepared to get none back and get relegated put it that way.

if they gat any points back it will be a disgrace and prove once and for all that the rfl will do anything to keep them up 

If the RFL were that desperate to keep Bradford up they wouldn't have deducted any points in the first place...!

Shouldn't get the points back, that's my opinion!!

Will they, no.

If the RFL were that desperate to keep Bradford up they wouldn't have deducted any points in the first place...!

Rules is rules and justice needed to be seen to be done and it was seen to have been done.

Now the smoke has cleared on that and the furore died down because they were actually deducted the points, a quiet appeal and re instatement of the points based  on a contorted interpretation of these same rules and hey presto, Bradford have their points back and the RFL have a manufactured reason for giving them back to assuage their critics.

The Ways and Means Act is alive and well and filed at Red Hall.

Threre is a difference between whether  people believe they will get any change in sentence and whether they want them to get any such change.

I believe that the basis of the appeal in with regard to due process, which is highly technical and not understood by most of us, including me. This means that any reduction would undoubtedly result in a furore amongst fans yet might be absolutely correct according to the quasi-legal process that effected the initial sentence.

Now the smoke has cleared on that and the furore died down because they were actually deducted the points, a quiet appeal and re instatement of the points based on a contorted interpretation of these same rules and hey presto, Bradford have their points back and the RFL have a manufactured reason for giving them back to assuage their critics.

The furore has "died down"? OK then..! :)

If people genuinely believe that there is no arguing against it, the RFL can't win either way. It's sad.

The furore has "died down"? OK then..! :)

Yes indeed. Everything is on hold until the result of the appeal is known. The furore might then reignite depending on the decision but then the RFL will have their get out of gaol card to justify giving Bradford back the points.

Yes indeed. Everything is on hold until the result of the appeal is known. The furore might then reignite depending on the decision but then the RFL will have their get out of gaol card to justify giving Bradford back the points.

Ok then... :)

if they gat any points back it will be a disgrace and prove once and for all that the rfl will do anything to keep them up

It's an independent panel, so it will be nothing to do with the RFL. Is that hard to understand?

Logic dictates it will either be all six back or none at all, depending on whether the reason for the appeal is valid or not.

Personally though, I think it will be two back, to put Bradford in line with other clubs who have done this. I'd like it to be six (obviously, but not just because they're my club) because this season of all seasons should be settled on the pitch.

I know there are rules and if there weren't the situation could be abused, but I'm not comfortable with the idea of punishing a 'new' club for the sins of a previous incarnation.

It's an independent panel, so it will be nothing to do with the RFL. Is that hard to understand?

When people say the RFL is bending everything which way to keep Bradford up, actual facts are irrelevant. People like that will believe what they want. Like I say, nobody wins in this.

When people say the RFL is bending everything which way to keep Bradford up, actual facts are irrelevant. People like that will believe what they want. Like I say, nobody wins in this.

People believe what they want, you can't change that.... That's life.

This have nothing to do with the RFL as you say.

Bull fans are the only losers in any of this.

Bulls fans have lost out, as has the wider game (perhaps the clubs who voted to take Bradford's funding need to look at themselves), but we shouldn't forget that the real losers are the creditors (admittedly mostly from the previous admin as the main one this time now owns the club).

Particularly small businesses who were owed money.

Independent panel, who is this independent panel? Rumour at odsal on Sunday was that the players had been told they were getting 4 points back. Can't believe it been true but we are talking the RFL here.

If the punishment was based on an unsucsessfull bid then they should revert back to the situation before the ruling and re-judge based on the new landscape. ....

that aside I think they will get four back

a) to appease bradford

B) to not put them back on the same points as wakey to lessen the fallout with them

c) to increase jeaopody in the relefation battle

D) a token 2 point deduction to appease those who think bradford should have a points deduction

FWIW they were probably expecting an appeal in the first instance and therefore gave a harsh penalty knowing an independent panel would judge an appeal,

1) to hide behind the final points deduction decision as not being theirs

2) to appease member clubs that if it were up to them they would have deducted 6

3) to take credit either way

Independent panel, who is this independent panel? Rumour at odsal on Sunday was that the players had been told they were getting 4 points back. Can't believe it been true but we are talking the RFL here.

Yeah, totally believable. I mean the players weren't told if they were getting paid some months in the past year and a half, or if they would turn up to work the next day with a job to do at all, and finding out news about the club from the paper scandalously often, but it makes sense the first thing they would do in this instance is tell the players the result of a hearing scheduled to start 3 days in the future.

People believe what they want, you can't change that.... That's life.

This have nothing to do with the RFL as you say.

Bull fans are the only losers in any of this.

Sensible people usually change what they believe when presented with facts that contradict their presently held view.

The independent panel have revealed that 1,000 Tweets from non-Bradford fans containing "Joke" gets 2 points back; 2,000 of "Farce" gets 4 points and 5,000 with "Disgrace" gets all 6.

No-one outside the suits knows what's in this appeal, least of all the Bulls faithful. Just to pick up, not only is the panel independent of the RFL, but the right of appeal was also in the rules and agreed to by the clubs.

Either way, this mess must surely by over soon. For the love of God, please be over soon!

Bill Broughton and Chris Booth, who are partners at Leeds-based legal firm Pinsent Mason, and James Sleight, an insolvency practitioner.

Boots 'N All missed a trick not sending Barrie and Terry to sit in on this...

Slapstick opportunities aplenty.