Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIGGY

SWINTON V ROCHDALE

32 posts in this topic

This game will be played at Leigh Sports Village

Friday 13th June 2014

With an 8pm Kick Off.

Thanks

Pity it's a Friday as I don't think that I can make it. I always enjoy meeting the Lions fans.

Dread to think of the attendance the game will draw on a Friday evening.  I just hope the Koukash deal comes off for Swinton.  I don't know how they keep going such a shame for the town.

I wonder what Malcolm White is doing now, the RFL didn't step in to save the best appointed stadium in the whole of the sport at the time. 

Our hands are tied re the Friday match.

Oh good we have a chance then, if your hands are tied.

Anyone going on Friday night?

Im going! Closest I get to a 'home' game for me

39-18 to Swinton. Only 430 people bothered to turn up. Bloody pathetic on both counts. 

They would still have won with their hands tied. We were dire.

Something is very wrong at the moment. We have no players in the influencial positions.

We play the same set moves time and time again without making any penetration.

Swinton were poor but we were much worse.

Something is very wrong at the moment. We have no players in the influencial positions.

You lost and so have a dig at the crowd and have a dig at Swinton

Magnanimity at its typical rugby league best

Don't talk rubbish. He's not having a go at Swinton....it's the game in general, shifting to friday night, playing out of  town, etc....Plus how many away fans turned up. Get your head from up your backside, open your eyes and think a bit. 

Swinton were poor?

Definitely a dig and if it was post of rugby league social commentary it was well disguised.

The rest of your post is just rude.

Don't talk rubbish. He's not having a go at Swinton....it's the game in general, shifting to friday night, playing out of town, etc....Plus how many away fans turned up. Get your head from up your backside, open your eyes and think a bit.

We had no option regarding the move to Friday night, the RL fixtures dictated that when they threw up both Swinton and Leigh at home on the same weekend.

Sadly at the moment playing out of town has been the norm for the last 20 odd years and trust me one which every Swinton fan has had to endure, but not enjoy.

What was that kit your lads were wearing last night - that was really horrible.  Apart from a spell early in the second half Swinton were the better team and without setting the world alight were deserved winners.  Even though there weren't many there both sets of fans created a reasonable atmosphere and showed real support for their team.   

What was that kit your lads were wearing last night - that was really horrible.  Apart from a spell early in the second half Swinton were the better team and without setting the world alight were deserved winners.  Even though there weren't many there both sets of fans created a reasonable atmosphere and showed real support for their team.   

The away kit has the names of all our members on it, gold, silver, and bronze.Its a one off to promote membership.

Well done on the win,onwards and upwards for both of us. The fat lady not singing just yet.

Quote "What was that kit your lads were wearing last night"

The kit looks as though we are going to play hockey and we played as though we were playing hockey.

I just hate that kit.

Harsh.....but fair.

Neither team shone, but Swinton were the better team, unfortunately.

We had no option regarding the move to Friday night, the RL fixtures dictated that when they threw up both Swinton and Leigh at home on the same weekend.

Sadly at the moment playing out of town has been the norm for the last 20 odd years and trust me one which every Swinton fan has had to endure, but not enjoy.

I know the situation regarding Swinton having to play at Leigh marshy and have had many contacts with the club in the past That's not the point. It's lack of interest generally and Hornets' performance that Dave was having a go at, not Swinton.

I'm sorry if I upset you Mark. Seriously, your comments weren't worth such a retort.....or anything else, come to think about it. 

I know the situation regarding Swinton having to play at Leigh marshy and have had many contacts with the club in the past That's not the point. It's lack of interest generally and Hornets' performance that Dave was having a go at, not Swinton.

I'm sorry if I upset you Mark. Seriously, your comments weren't worth such a retort.....or anything else, come to think about it.

No problem. Thank you