Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colinb

Ben Blackmore

69 posts in this topic

No that's arrogant. our home crowd against fev won't be our biggest this year. We'd miss the Rams much more :P

Becareful what you wish for..because without Fev to bolster championship attendances up the division would look very bleak indeed; That's not arrogance its a fact;

you bring a lot less than cas used to. they're true supporters.

No one has said it is the fault of DR becouse we are struggling what i and other supporters have said is is not doing the credibility of the championship any good. We are struggling becouse of some bad descitions with the make up of our squad. The highlight being the Faal and JC inclusion in the playing squad when it was clear a suspension was in the offing. We included 6 Hudds. players and most of those have been loaned to other clubs. As a result our backline options were wafer thin before a ball was kicked Black being out compounded this and we have struggled to score points. But back to the point Fredm DR in my opinion is not good for the championship it never will be and it was introduced to help super league clubs. . I dont understand you Fred when u bracket supporters as "what they want" surely it should be what the club wants as relegation in this very important season will be dire for our club  Batley RLFC.

The problem, IMO, is that there are two systems running at the same time, DR and Loans. I agree that the DR system was probably brought about by SL clubs who thought they had found a way of establishing a feeder club system, albeit by another name, and stealthier. Some championship clubs took it on board as they obtained the services of SL club players without the financial implications. However I think that this season there are fewer instances of DR players appearing in the Championship, as shown by ourselves. Unfortunately SL coaches want their fringe players to be playing as often as possible at the highest level. This then brings about the situation such as Aspinall who was DR with us, and looked quite useful on his appearance, but who JK was not prepared to give a regular spot to. Sheffield came along and said they would play him most/every week and so he goes there on loan.

I personally think that next season the Championship clubs will probably do away with DR and just have the loan system, which means that a player is at a club for initially one month at least and not just making the odd appearance now and then as under DR. We will have to wait and see.

In relation to Fev sweeping up players this is just a drop down from what has been happening in SL (and if you look at football the same there). The clubs with the biggest amount of money rule the roost and the remainder follow in order, generally, with the odd exception, in descending order of levels of income. So the problem is that Batley need to raise their level of income. This can be done either by increasing attendances; increasing revenue from other sources which would almost certainly involve employing someone to activate this, or increase the number of directors/ persons involved with the club so that there are more people prepared to put their hands in their pocket.

Becareful what you wish for..because without Fev to bolster championship attendances up the division would look very bleak indeed; That's not arrogance its a fact;

No its definitely arrogance Phillip.

As someone has said i think that is player NO. 41 for Featherstone they have a team and 24 players on the bench and still signing anything goes in the Quest for the title as their chairman stated we will win every remaining fixture this season he didnt tell us that he was buying all the players to do it !!!.

He said they would go undefeated.He soon got that stuck up his pipe.Look on their faces priceless. 

I would have thought donations were exempt from turnover too, as businesses cant rely on them as regular income.

There is going to be one hell of a mess to clean up in Featherstone when this all goes belly up.

This statement smacks of wishful thinking together with your green with envy countenance.

Very silly

He said they would go undefeated.He soon got that stuck up his pipe.Look on their faces priceless.

Enjoy it....see if you can prove it wasn't a fluke this weekend on a full sized pitch.

Even with the injuries we have I am sure it will be a different result !!

It's a strange phenomenon of these forums that, no matter what club forum it is nor what the original post is, any mention of Fev brings them clustering like bees round a honeypot, and it makes me wonder why. Could it simply be undying loyalty for the club that they love or an unremitting stream of propoganda that is needed to support their club's single objective?

:angel:

The problem, IMO, is that there are two systems running at the same time, DR and Loans. I agree that the DR system was probably brought about by SL clubs who thought they had found a way of establishing a feeder club system, albeit by another name, and stealthier. Some championship clubs took it on board as they obtained the services of SL club players without the financial implications. However I think that this season there are fewer instances of DR players appearing in the Championship, as shown by ourselves. Unfortunately SL coaches want their fringe players to be playing as often as possible at the highest level. This then brings about the situation such as Aspinall who was DR with us, and looked quite useful on his appearance, but who JK was not prepared to give a regular spot to. Sheffield came along and said they would play him most/every week and so he goes there on loan.

I personally think that next season the Championship clubs will probably do away with DR and just have the loan system, which means that a player is at a club for initially one month at least and not just making the odd appearance now and then as under DR. We will have to wait and see.

In relation to Fev sweeping up players this is just a drop down from what has been happening in SL (and if you look at football the same there). The clubs with the biggest amount of money rule the roost and the remainder follow in order, generally, with the odd exception, in descending order of levels of income. So the problem is that Batley need to raise their level of income. This can be done either by increasing attendances; increasing revenue from other sources which would almost certainly involve employing someone to activate this, or increase the number of directors/ persons involved with the club so that there are more people prepared to put their hands in their pocket.

Great post Fredm i agree with all you have said i do hope DR is abandoned at the end of the season and the loan system to come back,  the game had a lot more credability with that. Like you and many others i too wish we could increase our supporter base. To the fans who are staying away come back Batley RLFC needs you. A win on Sunday would be great and give everyone a lift . 

Great post Fredm i agree with all you have said i do hope DR is abandoned at the end of the season and the loan system to come back,  the game had a lot more credability with that. Like you and many others i too wish we could increase our supporter base. To the fans who are staying away come back Batley RLFC needs you. A win on Sunday would be great and give everyone a lift . 

My personal view, is only play folk who want to be Batley. We  managed to have the majority have this mindset and  were much more prepared to put up with constant relegation fears. Huddersfield are not very wealthy and need money wherever they can get it.

There is one thing posters on here seem to forget and that is the medical aid Batley players receive for their problems. All will turn out right in the end. Remember last season when we wanted the club to get rid of the players who were not trying and play local amateurs. John worked through that and we qualified for the playoffs. Come the next few weeks players will signed who want to play for Batley 

My personal view, is only play folk who want to be Batley. We  managed to have the majority have this mindset and  were much more prepared to put up with constant relegation fears. Huddersfield are not very wealthy and need money wherever they can get it.

There is one thing posters on here seem to forget and that is the medical aid Batley players receive for their problems. All will turn out right in the end. Remember last season when we wanted the club to get rid of the players who were not trying and play local amateurs. John worked through that and we qualified for the playoffs. Come the next few weeks players will signed who want to play for Batley

Hi mate hope your feeling good and getting better and yes players who wear the Batley shirt with pride will always do the job and yes John Kear, Kevin etc. will pull us through starting Sunday.

It's certainly good for the game as a whole to have clubs that are going places and generating a bit of interest and publicity. What is a shame is that Rovers used to be a tremendous role model for other small town clubs by the way that they developed their own talent. Through no fault of their own; I guess they can no longer pick up young lads of the quality that made them a force to be reckoned with in their pomp and hence they have to resort to out-bidding the other Championship clubs for the what talent is available. The SL clubs hoover most of the more promising young uns, and discard them just as readily if they seem not to make the grade.

Compared to Bradford or even Wakefield there will not be much difference (1100 at the last Batley/Fev match) 

Just been announced at Featherstone that they have signed Ben Blackmore for an undisclosed sum on a 3yr Deal with immediate effect. See link below

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=13040

Thank you Ben for your efforts whilst at the Bulldogs, and once again proves that even in the not so ''successful times'', you can come to Batley and still progress.

I wish you could have kept him for just one week longer though!

Next year the salary cap will increase to 900 000 for the championship then it will become interesting

It's certainly good for the game as a whole to have clubs that are going places and generating a bit of interest and publicity. What is a shame is that Rovers used to be a tremendous role model for other small town clubs by the way that they developed their own talent. Through no fault of their own; I guess they can no longer pick up young lads of the quality that made them a force to be reckoned with in their pomp and hence they have to resort to out-bidding the other Championship clubs for the what talent is available. The SL clubs hoover most of the more promising young uns, and discard them just as readily if they seem not to make the grade.

I fully understand where you are coming from; You have got to remember Fev like other clubs before them have been stunted from growth with the licensing rule; Fev have been raided on many occasions for their star players and in many ways in the past the transfer fees have kept the club afloat; They have won the league title now for four years running and it would be crazy for anyone to begrudge them or any other club their ambition; It may or may not work out; Even we Fev fans await with baited breath; I've watched Fev since 1963 and believe me it feels just as alien to me that Fev are the ones brandishing the cash; The door is now open slightly for a chance to play at a higher level and whether it be Leigh Fev Halifax or even Batley who get their chance it has to be taken otherwise the game will stagnate even further;

I fully understand where you are coming from; You have got to remember Fev like other clubs before them have been stunted from growth with the licensing rule; Fev have been raided on many occasions for their star players and in many ways in the past the transfer fees have kept the club afloat; They have won the league title now for four years running and it would be crazy for anyone to begrudge them or any other club their ambition; It may or may not work out; Even we Fev fans await with baited breath; I've watched Fev since 1963 and believe me it feels just as alien to me that Fev are the ones brandishing the cash; The door is now open slightly for a chance to play at a higher level and whether it be Leigh Fev Halifax or even Batley who get their chance it has to be taken otherwise the game will stagnate even further;

Fair comments Phil