Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

class of 63

NW Crusaders today

23 posts in this topic

New ground to tick off today - come on lads lets have a good performance

20-8 up at half time and playing well.Don't hold you're breath, but could this be day !!!!

Awesome performance Lions well done.

That's better lions

Well done

Same again next week will be awesome

Come on you lions

Wayne

What a fantastic result..............made my day, must have done lots for the team's confidence, lets all hope that the team can put together a run of victories now.............

Congratulations.

You were easily the better team. You were fast and gained extra ground at every opportunity. With consistent  play of that standard, I'm sure you'd be top 6.

By contrast we were very poor.

Great win today! The pack set the platform and the backs delivered the goods! Well done to all ! Now onward and upwards !!

Match report now on website for those who couldn't make it.

Riggy

New records at The Rock today

Ian Watson - 1st Try

Gareth O'Brien - 1st Goal

Swinton Lions -  First Winners

Good crowd too and we even won the penalty count.

Riggy

Great result today these are the team's we should be concentrating on not top 4, as we can win these games and compete against top 4 and get a point, great effort Ian and the boys see you there Friday 13 onwards and upwards

well done to the lads today hope it lays the platform for the rest of the season.cracking little ground and a big thank you to the crusaders fans most applauded the lions at the end of the match.

Gutted, gutted, gutted! No way I could go today but I'll have to settle for highlights on Boots' n'All during the week.

Knew it was coming so well done all the players and speccies today!

Well done lads great win today - you showed what you can do when we control our discipline and complete our sets, lets take this forward and who knows - must add what a great little venue for a rugby match, great atmosphere and really welcoming Crrusader supporters

Swinton were outstanding yesterday, better than us in every department. The team were far more enthusiastic than ours and in Ian Watson you had somebody leading your team around the park and talking to your players all the time. We don't have anybody who does that. Great support from Swinton fans as well. Made a mockery of my earlier comment that you would only bring 50 fans. Best team won. Yes our fans always appreciate a team that plays better than us and Swinton got the bigger cheer at the end - deservedly so.

Enjoyable afternoon as a neutral, though I had backed Crusaders -6 so egg on face to say the least! Watson will still be dominating games when he's in his fifties I reckon.

As I wasn't at the match it is always interested in hearing the views of those who were at the game.  Gareth O'brien got the vote as man of the match from the reports in the two RL papers.  Any other nominations?  The team line up certainly looked as though it had a more experienced and solid look about it. 

Does anyone have any details on Ed Barber who was on the bench again yesterday?

Our starting pack were dominant from kick off,but we never gave away stupid pens,or cheap yards.Therefore our halfbacks,Obrian,Watson,Dwyer,ran riot.At prop interchange,Menzies and Johnston,pushed home the advantage,with a vengeance.The whole squad played well and they reaped the benefit of a disciplined, well controlled,aggressive performance!!

Great win yesterday. Watto controlled the game. I thought Dwyer was excellent. Mike Morrison was outstanding in defence. Also, great impact by Andy Ackers.

We actually played for the full 80! Now for Rochdale on Friday.

Llongyfarchadau - Congratulations to Swinton Lions on the win at N W Crusaders on Sunday, a good team performance particularly in the halves and the hooker. Crusaders were out played in all departments and the best team definitely deserved their win.

Thanks to all the Swinton supporters who made the journey to our first ever game at the Rock. I hope you enjoyed your day out in the Welsh sunshine and had a safe journey home. Best of luck for the remainder of the season.

DIOLCH YN FAWR IAWN

Missed the match due to holiday

Logging in from deepest Austria. It's 100℉ here and I'm melting

Hoping for a similarly hot performance on Friday

Congratulations to all at Swinton lions. Proving us all wrong again....

Just got back from 2 days in North Wales, and have been so impressed with the friendliness and hospitality of everyone we met. Not just at Crusaders, but pretty much everywhere we went.

There seemed to be an added intensity in our game yesterday, and one that we'll need to repeat every week if we're to challenge for the top 9. But one game at a time, hopefully continuing with Hornets on Friday.

a magnificent performance from the lads yesterday. completed sets, good decision making and leadership and best of all we showed discipline giving less penalties away and didn't give away any cheap yards. this allowed us to play our game and show what we are capable of doing! a class act yesterday boys! a great team performance all round but just have to say my MOM was Mike Morrison - awesome in defence! just keep it going now starting Friday v Hornets. lets all get down to LSV on Friday and make it a bumper crowd and cheer on the lads! also must say what a fantastic venue to watch the game - very jealous! also thanks to all the Crusader fans and staff for the very warm welsh welcome we received and your good grace in defeat . great atmosphere created by the very vocal Cru's fans and have to add great support today from our 50-100 strong travelling lions fans. good luck for the rest of the season Cru's - an absolute credit to the game and your excellent club. l look forward to meeting you again next season in SL2 hopefully at the Rock. cheers. kind regards. Ralph !!!!!!!!!!!!