Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Halifax away!

81 posts in this topic

As frustrating as it is to just be just picking up bonus points every Sunday, if someone had said 4 weeks ago that we would pick up 3 points from a nightmare run of games, we would have laughed at them. Full credit to our small squad for their magnificent efforts, it's sounds like most of them are running their blood to water for the shirt, which is all we can ask of them. If we hadn't threw away the home games against Keighley and crusaders we would be in a very good position.

Let's hope the lad's have got enough gas in the tank to challenge Fev on Sunday, the way we have been playing a win isn't out of the question but I would be happy with a bonus point as long as we can win our home games against Barrow, haven, Dewsbury, Rochdale and Batley. The only worry for me is keeping our top performers fit until the end of the season, losing any one of them would be a disaster, 

Let's get behind them on Sunday,  UP THE TOWN

Yep , fair enough voodoo . As unicorn says we need them on the pitch first and foremost doing what they do . We can't handle any injury bad luck on top of all our bad luck !

The last 5 games have been lost but a bonus point has been gained at each game

We'd have been happy with a win (Crusaders) and an odd bonus point from this run of 5 games, so the lads are doing well currently. Add to that 5 points from the previous 2 games - Rochdale away and Halifax at home and its 10 points from 7 games, mostly against top sides, so there has been an improvement. Its the earlier games, where the fixture list was more favourable where the under-performance has taken place

When you add to thst the squad size, the injuries and the vagaries of the DR relationship with Wigan then I'd say that the small squad is performing very well and PV is getting just about the best out of the troops he has available.

As someoone has pointed out, I think a couple of injuroes to crucial players such as Stack, Brett and Matty could be the downfall to the season.

Its a fine line now whether we stay up now.

Agree with most of the previous, the crusaders defeat was a big disappointment but fair play to PV and the lads they have busted their guts to come out of this run of games as they have. We cannot keep knocking Wigan they have their priorities, we went with a squad do 19 ,that's the issue lets just keep behind the lads, and fingers crossed regarding injuries

kieran mcavoy and jack dawson are back from uni this week supposed to going training , not alot of experience but 2 more bodys  im sure pv could get the best out their potential